Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-08-2011, 11:19 AM   #85
baup5f

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Coupe
just purchase the VMax TB through a different vendor, should be a new core too and not somebody else's used one
Old 09-08-2011, 11:20 AM   #86
baup5f

oh, and it's shipping out today
Old 09-08-2011, 11:25 PM   #87
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Awesome. You putting it on ASAP? I imagine this will be a nice evening project. Still waiting for mine grrrrr.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:19 AM   #88
baup5f

Oh ya, it will be on within 30 minutes of me getting home from work the day it comes in. Sucks for the wait man, that's one reason I hadn't hopped on the ones from Tracey yet. Saw that other thread yesterday that they had five in stock ready to ship and I hopped on that.

Had Vince tweak your tune yet, or waiting till you get the TB? How is the strut tower brace coming?
Old 09-09-2011, 08:28 PM   #89
PercyJWellingtonIII
Account Suspended

Drives: pontiac
Should have had the cop hold your camera for you while you made your passes.
PercyJWellingtonIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:49 PM   #90
SIXJAK

Well this is installed

Lots of oil inside. Wonder if I need to pull the plugs and put new ones in.

This just came today.

Installing the catchcan tomorrow am.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:31 PM   #91
baup5f

so what's next on the to do list?
Old 09-21-2011, 05:18 PM   #92
SIXJAK

Where should I install my catchcan?
Ideas? Catchcan is polished to go with the other shiny things under the hood.
Thanks for any input. I would start another thread but don't want to clutter this section with more threads.
I guess this has become my unofficial build thread. LOL
Old 09-21-2011, 05:36 PM   #93
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by baup5f View Post
so what's next on the to do list?
Well under the hood, maybe a chrome fusebox cover, the strut tower brace that is convalescing in my garage at the moment, and hopefully next week my engine cover....finally. Its going to say 350 HP on it. If I'm not there yet then I'll get there so haters go hate on someone else and get your mom to hug you more often.
ADM scoop and ww bottle relocate, gears and ported/polished intake are on the list too. I am toying with taking advantage of ARK's moving sale and pulling the trigger on one of their catbacks. We've had a couple of complaints come in about our cars being too loud. It's just my car LOL everyone else's are stock. You know people can generalize. I love how my car sounds and so does everyone I meet, "man that sounds wicked" but there's always the Debbie Downers who have to freak out and get all goofy. I may do the DT-S which is supposed to be a bit quieter. I'll be really pissed though if I do it and then have to live with drone. My SOLO's are nicely seasoned now and don't seem to be as loud as they used to be. I guess one of the bros can buy my SOLO's from me. I bet coming out of stock headers and cats it's not nearly as loud.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:18 PM   #94
baup5f

I'd go with the passenger side install where you bolt it on with a radiator bolt. Looks pretty much stock from that position. Don't really have a good overall shot with it but this should give you the general idea.

Sucks you have haters man. Might talk to KMP, there might be an extra little resonator/muffler or something you could just put inline with what you already have. Sounds like the mod bug has bitten you hard
Attached Images

Old 09-21-2011, 09:29 PM   #95
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Where should I install my catchcan?
Ideas? Catchcan is polished to go with the other shiny things under the hood.
Thanks for any input. I would start another thread but don't want to clutter this section with more threads.
I guess this has become my unofficial build thread. LOL
i would recommend passenger side as well. there's a nice little space there just to the right of the fuse box.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:00 PM   #96
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I'm also with the others on the passenger side. When I had my AirRaid cai before the Vararam, I had my catch can on the passenger side, bolted off of the radiator (its still there, but harder to see with the VR in the way) and I think its looks good there. Will help balance out the "shiny" under your hood.

I would have gone with a blue one to match my car instead of the black, but Gretchen made me an offer I COULDN'T refuse (free) and so I have a black one!

Just a thought about exhausts, but I would say it would be a pretty good guess that along with the switch to ARK will come drone. How much???...no clue...but I can't see it being as good as your SOLO. So I'd keep the SOLO system around for a least a little while and make sure you get different kinds of driving done before getting rid of the SOLO.

But I'm sure you'd have no problem getting rid of it.

Once again..your car is killer man.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:24 PM   #97
SIXJAK

K thanks my Camaro bruthas. Passenger side it is. Am doing it in the AM first thing. I'll post up some pics. Thanks Baup for the reference pic and the suggestions and thank you KM for the kind werds.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:12 PM   #98
SIXJAK

Does this look correct so far? Little sketchy about the hoses. I know where they go but it sez I have to do some cutting and that's the part I'm nervous about.