Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 12-12-2009, 01:29 PM   #1807
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
how do you know its going to be a v8?

hear hear!

a little birdy told me. all I can say is CINC said so. I wish I really knew what was going on. Number 3 give me a heads up!!!! please!!!!!! I'm dying over here and I don't think I'll be able to see the Z ever bow.

Last edited by boxmonkeyracing; 12-12-2009 at 01:42 PM.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:00 PM   #1808
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Ahhhhh, not much better than the "after the cookie exchange" cookie munching.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:09 PM   #1809
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Ahhhhh, not much better than the "after the cookie exchange" cookie munching.
huh?
Old 12-12-2009, 03:14 PM   #1810
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
huh?
Ok, there is this thing around the holidays called a cookie exchange where everyone bakes something different. Then everyone comes over to your house bringing their cookies and everyone takes a bunch of the other cookies and goes home with a huge variety of cookies instead of just the one type they brought.

So Mrs. Number 3 has a bunch of friends over for one of these and I leave to hit golf balls and come home and there is now this huge variety of Christmas cookies to munch on.

So............mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

And left over champagne (sparkling wine for you purists).

So Number 3 is happy
Old 12-12-2009, 03:20 PM   #1811
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Quote:
Ok, there is this thing around the holidays called a cookie exchange where everyone bakes something different. Then everyone comes over to your house bringing their cookies and everyone takes a bunch of the other cookies and goes home with a huge variety of cookies instead of just the one type they brought.

So Mrs. Number 3 has a bunch of friends over for one of these and I leave to hit golf balls and come home and there is now this huge variety of Christmas cookies to munch on.

So............mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

And left over champagne (sparkling wine for you purists).

So Number 3 is happy

aaahahhhhh. you know something I don't understand the game of golf. I mean you hit a ball down this thing called a fairway and then you go running after it. until you finally hit it on this thing called a green where you only have to deal with the lay of the land. what's the fun in that? I mean I want things to block my path, make loud noises and look funny on my green. lol

cool we got a bunch of care packages in yesterday filled with home baked crums (use to be cookies) and apple pies etc etc. quite nice actually. too bad I'm on a diet. . .lol.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:10 PM   #1812
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
aaahahhhhh. you know something I don't understand the game of golf. I mean you hit a ball down this thing called a fairway and then you go running after it. until you finally hit it on this thing called a green where you only have to deal with the lay of the land. what's the fun in that? I mean I want things to block my path, make loud noises and look funny on my green. lol

cool we got a bunch of care packages in yesterday filled with home baked crums (use to be cookies) and apple pies etc etc. quite nice actually. too bad I'm on a diet. . .lol.
I think you want hockey...LOL

Well hopefully the crumbs were big enough to eat................at least for those that were eating. I think it has to be tough to ship breakables even if they are baked.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:17 PM   #1813
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Quote:
I think you want hockey...LOL

Well hopefully the crumbs were big enough to eat................at least for those that were eating. I think it has to be tough to ship breakables even if they are baked.
that's a northerner thang. us southerners like our nascar. lol. no hardly get into sports and the ones I do involve the state of TN (yes I know tn has a hocky team but it's in nashville). lol. GO VOLS!

yea well it's more the gesture that I appreciate. and I think a lot of the people here feel the same way. yea it sucks that most baked goods crumble but it's always good to know people think about the military over here.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:10 PM   #1814
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 12-12-2009, 11:11 PM   #1815
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
up late I 'Z'
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:34 PM   #1816
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

I love late ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz's
Old 12-13-2009, 11:25 AM   #1817
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Since I wasn't able to get a spare few minutes this weekend, does anyone have any input on these points to offer?
  • Can't find an aftermarket paint job that's as durable as OEM from the factory. Aftermarket paint will peel off after 10-15 years because it's not electro-staticly charged.
  • Supercharger is a waste of money. Hurts re-sale and you can't really open it up unless you're at the track. Will I go to the track often enough to really warrant the need for a supercharger? Do I even want to race in brackets or just for fun?
  • Headers: See above
  • Buying locally will help in case something goes wrong. The dealership that sold it to me will be more willing to take care of me. (aka don't buy from out of state) If I buy from PA, chances are, I could have to ship it back to PA for warranty work.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:26 PM   #1818
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Since I wasn't able to get a spare few minutes this weekend, does anyone have any input on these points to offer?
  • Can't find an aftermarket paint job that's as durable as OEM from the factory. Aftermarket paint will peel off after 10-15 years because it's not electro-staticly charged.
  • Supercharger is a waste of money. Hurts re-sale and you can't really open it up unless you're at the track. Will I go to the track often enough to really warrant the need for a supercharger? Do I even want to race in brackets or just for fun?
  • Headers: See above
  • Buying locally will help in case something goes wrong. The dealership that sold it to me will be more willing to take care of me. (aka don't buy from out of state) If I buy from PA, chances are, I could have to ship it back to PA for warranty work.
Well I know that a plain old LS3 can be plenty of fun, Mindz. You can spin your tires and have more fun than is generally considered legal...........in most states.

It's not Corvette fast, which I think some are after.

It's not as fast as it could be which some are after.

And then there is the question of make your own vs. buy from GM. That is Shno's hope that a Z28 is someday offered and he can buy one.

So do you need 500 plus or even 600 HP from your Camaro? I don't think it's a bad thing, but only you can answer if that is important. There are guys that want the biggest baddest a$$ car.......PERIOD. And for those guys an LS3 or L99 is just the blank canvas to start from.

Now the question for the aftermarket or more specifically Tom Henry, I'd simply call them. My guess is that for some of the work they would simply just do the work at your local Chevy dealer and bill back to Tom Henry. But that is a question for them. But I can't imagine that's how it works. They would be limiting themselves significantly if the car had to be returned to only their dealership. Make a call.

I think their are a few folks here that are working with TH on a car that don't live locally so they are dealng with the same issue.

And as far as paint, I can't answer you there. I have no knowledge on the aftermarket, but I know you can blow big money on a really good paint job. I haven't heard that electrostatic paint adds any more durability. It still chips, that's for sure. It isn't a process to make the paint adhere better as far as I know, but a process that helps get a good even coat. I would hope someone could give you some solid information on aftermarket painting. And also, as far as I know, there isn't anything to prevent electrostatic painting by your local body shop either.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:43 PM   #1819
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
The thing that I can't seem to find an answer to is the S/C. I want a car with lots of power that I can run with corvettes and such on the track, but I know that by no means will I have the biggest/baddest ass camaro around. I do know however, that I'll have a beast of a machine either way.

If someone can prove that a non-OEM paintjob is as good as a factory paint job in terms of durability, then I am going to go with that. Otherwise, I might stick with OEM schemes...
Old 12-14-2009, 12:09 AM   #1820
moto-camaro
CEO of the Internet

Drives: the Roflcopter
Send a message via AIM to moto-camaro Send a message via MSN to moto-camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
hope this is the right post mindz, i'll weigh in what i can.
Quote:

i haven't heard about the lifespan of a paintjob, but i've heard it can hurt resale value if it's not a "perfect" paintjob. i.e. stripped down to the frame, repainted, and rebuilt. factory paintjobs are pretty darn good, and often the aftermarket jobs don't stack up (as in the aftermarket doesn't paint under the carpet, or inside the doors, or those other hidden away places, mismatched paint, lower quality paint....list goes on forever), as a result people don't want to buy a car that's been aftermarket painted quite often.
Quote:
[*]Supercharger is a waste of money. Hurts re-sale and you can't really open it up unless you're at the track. Will I go to the track often enough to really warrant the need for a supercharger? Do I even want to race in brackets or just for fun?
[*]Headers: See above
the performance part of the car ain't my strongsuit. in your shoes; if i was going to the track a lot, and was racing to win (not for the fun of it), yeah i'd seriously consider investing in the headers/supercharger.

supercharger will likely hurt the resale, it's going to make someone assume the car's been driven hard.

Quote:
[*]Buying locally will help in case something goes wrong. The dealership that sold it to me will be more willing to take care of me. (aka don't buy from out of state) If I buy from PA, chances are, I could have to ship it back to PA for warranty work.
yep that sounds logical to me. unless you can manage to make some sort of written agreement with your local dealer that they'll service the car (lord knows how difficult (or simple maaybe) that could be)

but: if you decide that you've gotta have those upgrades that the out of state dealer will honor under warranty...
you've gotta weigh the pro's and con's of sending the car out of state and having those upgrades
or not having the upgrades, and being able to drive to your neighbourhood chevy dealer for that repairs.

just my $.02

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014