Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 12-29-2009, 10:46 PM   #1
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Nice Trip in the Tx Hill Country... sort of...

Here are a few pictures of my Camaro from a trip my wife and I took over the last few days. We left our house and drove west into the Texas hill country and stayed at a bed and breakfast. It was a great trip other than my car developed or rather probably worsened a probable transmission issue. Took it to the dealer today when we got back and I have an appointment to leave it in the morning. Rattle and clunks and a sort of knocking...Noise level and type of sound changed with driving conditions, up hill, down hill, loaded or just cruising etc... More to follow related to the transmission...

These were taken between Utopia/Vanderpool and Leaky Tx... (pronounced Lakey....) There were some amazing elevation changes and curves forever and the roads they were taken on are refered to as the "Three Twisted Sisters"...Texas Farm to Markets 335, 336 and 337... If you ever get the chance...in the Camaro or even better on a Harley...or some other brand of motorcycle if thats your preference

Oh, and if you notice the pink item on the dash, it's a pink pig that has logged somewhere around 350,000- 400,000 miles with me, obviously not all in this vehicle, but in my last three or four vehicles... It's never faded and prior to the Camaro, never had an issue with flying backwards off the dash at high speed... (I have retrieved it from the back seat several times) It now lays on a sticky pad like those used for cell phones... It helps, but isn't perfect... my wife started laughing the other day and so I asked what she was giggling about, it seems she saw the pig do what looked like break dancing across the dash as I rounded a corner... I missed it as my eyes were on the road...My wife bought the pig... paid like five dollars for it at Walgrens,,, she is amazed that it has never faded, since this it the first vehicle I've ever had that I park in the garage...
Attached Images

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:51 PM   #2
beekay70

Drives: 2010 CGM SS Camaro
Hope all turns out well with your car. Where do you subsea?
beekay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:54 PM   #3
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by beekay70 View Post
Hope all turns out well with your car. Where do you subsea?
I work for Diamond Offshore currently working off Vittoria Brazil. Leve to go back on the 5th. You???

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Old 12-29-2009, 10:56 PM   #4
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
If you like elevation changes and really curvy/windy roads... Around Wimberly, TX there is a Purgatory road. I don't recommend this road at night or during bad weather. But when it's nice and sunny... enjoy!
TommyTSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:57 PM   #5
beekay70

I am a Project Manager for Transocean, but I deal mostly with subsea equipment.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:12 PM   #6
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTSquared View Post
If you like elevation changes and really curvy/windy roads... Around Wimberly, TX there is a Purgatory road. I don't recommend this road at night or during bad weather. But when it's nice and sunny... enjoy!
I live about twenty minutes from Wimberley and we call it the Devils Back Bone... Very Familiar with it... I recommend you try the Three Sisters if your ever down this way... or if your in Wimberley, look me up, I got room....

Quote:
Originally Posted by beekay70 View Post
I am a Project Manager for Transocean, but I deal mostly with subsea equipment.
Can I oder a Shaffer NXT, 15M Mux, to go, for my rig...I got to help with an acceptance test on one and I want one... really, I do...

Trans Global Ocean Sante Fe... lol, Just kidding, I used to work for Acadian as a medic and I was on Global Projects...mainly the Jack Ryan... I guess you had to deal with their slip jiont issue... Wow, what a train wreck...I also worked for Oceaneering and spent a couple of weeks on the Discoverer Enterprise...

I worked over there (Jack Ryan) a number of years ago with a Somoan named Faleatua. That was Global Santa Fe at the time... Great guy... he had a brother that was a crane op... I think the crane op name was Faleatua Faleatua.... first and last, another great guy...

Old 12-29-2009, 11:14 PM   #7
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I live about twenty minutes from Wimberley and we call it the Devils Back Bone... Very Familiar with it... I recommend you try the Three Sisters if your ever down this way... or if your in Wimberley, look me up, I got room....
Thanks, I have an ex that lives down that way so that was my incentive to be around there... not so much anymore . DBB intersects Purgatory does it not? Or maybe one turns into the other, the last trip I had down that way involved a U-Haul so it was not fun.

I will be sure and give the Three Sisters a run for their money next time I'm in their vicinity... or a hundred miles or so !
TommyTSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:24 PM   #8
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
Nice pics! I wish i lived nearer to some twisty curves...
Old 12-29-2009, 11:24 PM   #9
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTSquared View Post
Thanks, I have an ex that lives down that way so that was my incentive to be around there... not so much anymore . DBB intersects Purgatory does it not? Or maybe one turns into the other, the last trip I had down that way involved a U-Haul so it was not fun.

I will be sure and give the Three Sisters a run for their money next time I'm in their vicinity... or a hundred miles or so !
Just be real careful about running the sisters for their money... notice in the last picture I posted, the one with my wife behind the car, behind her is a drop... probably in the 500 foot range... at about an 80 degree angle... very unforgiving... and a Scion TC or something like that would probably hand you your hat as it were on this set of roads... (I can say it as I used to drive one) (Let the flaming begin)...there is very little space for the big LS3 to breathe, it's 25 to 50 yard stretches of curve between hairpin turns and switch-back paths... Really hairy driving and then you have to deal with the falling rocks that occasionally land on the road... Motorcycles for the most part use first and second gear through the tough parts, never getting room to open up...

The curve you see in the road in these pics is right at the summit ... before it dives right back into the really curvy stuff... Not truly indicative of what I'm talking about...

Old 12-30-2009, 12:35 AM   #10
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
Nice pics! I wish i lived nearer to some twisty curves...
Come on down...

Old 12-30-2009, 05:35 AM   #11
papabearcamaro

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 Z71
Sorry to hear about your trans. noise. I am sure they will get it all figured out for you. I must say,those are some fantastic pictures. Love the sceanery and that RJT color on the car. I ordered a white one but I see all these gorgeous colors on these threads and I am always second guessing my choice. My head hurts from over thinking lol.
SOLD(Traded for 2012 Silverado Z71 4x4 and 2012 Sonic Hatch.)...2010 Camaro 1SS/RS/LS3,yellow with House of Kolor Tangerine Pearl rally stripes,manual trans.Hurst short throw shifter,4 pack rally gauges,Roto-Fab air intake,Kooks long tube headers with high-flow cats,Borla S-Type catback exhaust,Comp Cam,PRC ported heads,Maggie with 3.6 pulley and 1:1 cog drive,secondary fuel system with 65lb injectors,ADM digital A/F and Boost gauge,Pfadt trailing arms and subframe bushings.614.25rwhp/566.82rwtq on 8# of boost.

2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 EX.Cab 4X4 Z71.
papabearcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:38 AM   #12
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Here are a few pictures of my Camaro from a trip my wife and I took over the last few days. We left our house and drove west into the Texas hill country and stayed at a bed and breakfast. It was a great trip other than my car developed or rather probably worsened a probable transmission issue. Took it to the dealer today when we got back and I have an appointment to leave it in the morning. Rattle and clunks and a sort of knocking...Noise level and type of sound changed with driving conditions, up hill, down hill, loaded or just cruising etc... More to follow related to the transmission...

These were taken between Utopia/Vanderpool and Leaky Tx... (pronounced Lakey....) There were some amazing elevation changes and curves forever and the roads they were taken on are refered to as the "Three Twisted Sisters"...Texas Farm to Markets 335, 336 and 337... If you ever get the chance...in the Camaro or even better on a Harley...or some other brand of motorcycle if thats your preference

Oh, and if you notice the pink item on the dash, it's a pink pig that has logged somewhere around 350,000- 400,000 miles with me, obviously not all in this vehicle, but in my last three or four vehicles... It's never faded and prior to the Camaro, never had an issue with flying backwards off the dash at high speed... (I have retrieved it from the back seat several times) It now lays on a sticky pad like those used for cell phones... It helps, but isn't perfect... my wife started laughing the other day and so I asked what she was giggling about, it seems she saw the pig do what looked like break dancing across the dash as I rounded a corner... I missed it as my eyes were on the road...My wife bought the pig... paid like five dollars for it at Walgrens,,, she is amazed that it has never faded, since this it the first vehicle I've ever had that I park in the garage...
Your car looks stunning and sharp, but have you considered the ground effects package at all? On RJT, you could leave them unpainted and the contrast would be even more stunning than your car currently is. Trust me, it would look even better, that is, if you are objective to the idea. Don't do it because I said so, do it because you want to. Looks fantastic either way!

Sorry to hear about your transmission issues too. Do you have an A6? I'm getting increasingly frustrated by how loud shifting is in my M6 and because the shifter is huge, I'm missing shifts when launching the car aggressively. I don't hear clunking, but it isn't quiet by any stretch, but I think that is just the way it is supposed to be.

Last edited by DkknightX; 12-30-2009 at 07:43 AM.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:51 AM   #13
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Nice pics.
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:53 PM   #14
beekay70

Did you hear anything back about your transmission?