Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-25-2007, 03:44 AM   #1
byebyeImports

Drives: Crotch Rocket (GSXR)
Warning: long and boring story of how the camaro changed my life.

My username is pretty self explanatory, and foretells my story.

i have a feeling i will get flammed for being new and not posting anything useful.
As for my first post being a story, it may not interest some of you to know how the 5th generation camaro changed my life, and i may unintentionally break some of the forums rules, but i thought i'd be able to share my very strong interest and my new found love for what WE are all here for today, on this forum. After following this forum for about two months now, i decided i'd share my story to none other than my fellow enthusiasts. i'd like feedback and to formerly introduce myself. my girlfriend can tolerate only so much ranting on about this car so much in one day.

- Growing up as a filipino/asian kid, and watching my family, the only cars that have been the norm to me were toyotas, nissans, and hondas. Always heard that japanese imports last a long time and of course heard negative things about american cars.
I have to admit, after watching the Transformers movie, being a big fan of the classics, my first response to bumblebee was, "i wonder what car that is?" nothing big, no hype, just curious. So sadly, Yes, technically it is because of the movie. So i decided to do some research. I read pages and pages of the history on this car, from the 1960's 1st gen, to the concept vehicle. I learned about the history, the major changes, and most of all how this car and company impacted so many lives in such a positive way. This car and it's past, it's all amazing, and makes me wish i've been a part of this entire history since the beginning. My perception of american cars has positively changed and so has my taste. haha. I don't only want to be able to say own this car, but share an experience and a story as well.

Thanks all for listening. not as interesting as i thought it'd be. and believe it or not, i wanted to write much more. just a little excited and happy be able to talk with you all about our future car.
byebyeImports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 03:52 AM   #2
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23

jk welcome
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 05:41 AM   #3
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Welcome bro. You're just like a bunch of us driving imports and waiting for the new Camaro. Feel free to join in on the convo's anytime.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:23 AM   #4
Aptom

Drives: N/A
Welcome Aboard!
Aptom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 07:38 AM   #5
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Yeah dude...I get the feeling once the Camaro is on the showroom floors, you will be one of MANY, not the minority you think you are right now.

And besides, there's more than a few members here who have diverse car backgrounds (read: are or used to be in the imports scene).

Welcome, and enjoy.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 08:51 AM   #6
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Welcome 'byebyeImports'

Glad to have ya' here. Don't worry about being flamed...there's a good group here. I enjoyed reading your story too.

I hope you enjoy the site and choose to participate more often.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 11:08 AM   #7
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Welcome to the site! It's nice to hear the stories of new members and how they came about to discovering GM, Camaros, and the 5th Gen. We're happy to have you here. Read up as we have a lot of info here on the boards. We don't have too much set in stone (as you have probably read) and most is speculation, but I would also bet that most of the speculation will actually happen.

Again, great to have you here and please feel free to jump right on in w/ the posts.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 12:03 PM   #8
3whiterag
GM Powertrain Retired

Drives: 67SS350, 87 IROC L98, 96SS ver
Welcome to the board! Those are the kinds of stories I like to read!! We know you made the right decision and you will enjoy your stay here! Lots of knowledge and very friendly people! Have a good One!
3whiterag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 12:41 PM   #9
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
And besides, there's more than a few members here who have diverse car backgrounds (read: are or used to be in the imports scene).
All of whom have seen the light, of course. Welcome!
Old 08-25-2007, 01:39 PM   #10
byebyeImports

Drives: Crotch Rocket (GSXR)
bruddas, thanks so much for the welcoming. you guys are awesome, i feel right at home
byebyeImports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:07 AM   #11
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Welcome aboard... Now raise your right hand and repeat after me... JK...

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:45 PM   #12
JeepinMatt

Drives: '99 Wrangler
Welcome to the board, hope you're already saving up for the General's Mustang-fighter

I don't have a problem with imports, I just don't like the fwd Civics and Corollas that are tuners. Supras, Z cars, Skylines, BMWs, S2000s, Lotus', etc.. are all great cars. And proper sports cars at that. I do love domestics, though.
JeepinMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 10:13 PM   #13
Navy Blue
Future Camaro Owner

Drives: 2001 Chevy Impala
byebye,i too am new..and needless to say,i re-discovered the camaro with transformers,but :( i had my chance at one..he was a beauty,it was a chameleon blue that changed into green,it was used,and it had about 80k miles on it,i cant tell you how much i wanted that car,but tough times were upon me,and it was out of hand,he was decked with a good sound system,nice lous piped,he roared beautifully,it was a v6,which was good because at the time i was 18,the bad part was that the dealer where i was buying from did want to give me credit,but ironically he was a friend of the family..and i was going to pay him...needless to say..were no longer friends and i await my camaro,which more than likely i will paint chamaeleon blue...i kinda drifted,sorry about that,welcome friend
Navy Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 10:41 PM   #14
RiceRocket
Resident Ricer

Drives: 93 Supra TT
Damn import owners turning to the Dark Side.
When will it end?