Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 02:53 AM   #15
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
How about some background info on what happened, starting your second thread and slamming a shop that has a pretty good reputation is kinds off a bit. Not saying your in the wrong, just that you will probobally want to go into more detail other than the invoices you have that have stacked up.

I say your other thread about the turbo cam, does this pertain to your claim?
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
Old 03-03-2015, 08:07 AM   #16
Ice992
Semper Fi

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazy View Post
Only other post OP has is something from yesterday asking about a cam spec. Not sure where it came from, but I have a feeling it's related.
Wonder if it had anything to do with him trying to run a turbo spec'd cam with a supercharger

Either way, I'm interested to know the details also because I've watched with my own eyes Mike and his crew tear down others builds and completely repair and rebuild a botched build.
Jack Motl's "Xcelr8" is a PRIME example. At least 3 different shops in Houston tried to get that car right and none were able. Mike and his crew managed to tear it down to nothing and completely correct the issues.

That being said, no shop is perfect.

If this is a legit complaint I'm sorry for your trouble OP.

Ready to live life on your terms?

-H-Town Camaro Club-
Old 03-03-2015, 08:30 AM   #17
X-Factor
Chick Racer

Drives: 2017 50th 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice992 View Post
You're the first complaint I've heard of... Mike and his team have done a lot of work on a LOT of cars I know of in Houston. I know of people who have driven down from Dallas to have work done and others have taken botched jobs there to be corrected.
Well you must have been having your head in the sand....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice992 View Post
Wonder if it had anything to do with him trying to run a turbo spec'd cam with a supercharger ound:

Either way, I'm interested to know the details also because I've watched with my own eyes Mike and his crew tear down others builds and completely repair and rebuild a botched build.
Jack Motl's "Xcelr8" is a PRIME example. At least 3 different shops in Houston tried to get that car right and none were able. Mike and his crew managed to tear it down to nothing and completely correct the issues.

That being said, no shop is perfect.

If this is a legit complaint I'm sorry for your trouble OP.
And the car you speak of is now for sale... hmmmmm

Last edited by X-Factor; 03-03-2015 at 08:42 AM.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:55 AM   #18
Ice992
Semper Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
Well you must have been having your head in the sand....

And the car you speak of is now for sale... hmmmmm
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I have mine, clearly you have yours. That's the beauty of a public forum. I'm only interested in seeing what happened with OP's car. If it's true, it's a terribly unfortunate situation.

Yes it is for sale, I don't see how that's relevant to FAST getting his car running correctly @ 1100 rwhp though. He's moving on to other things... that car is pristine.

-H-Town Camaro Club-
Old 03-03-2015, 11:49 PM   #19
BplumCrazy-SS

Drives: 416 w/TH400
Below is from Mike at FAST
Well as the saying goes "there is always 2 sides to the story" There is no denying that this project was very long term, much longer than either party expected. Were there complications?..Understatement"! Was this the first F1X Fast installed?..Yes..Before I go any further let me say that OP is really a great guy, and we treated him more like a friend than a customer.

Let me share a little about our company..we are the one of the newest, Fastest growing performance shops in the Houston area..located in Cypress, Tx..We started off in a small 3000sq ft shop and now have grown to a 4acre fully equipped facility..all in the matter of a little over 2yrs. If anyone knows about business, they know about "Growing Pains..and to say the least we certainly have experienced many of them as we exploded into the performance market. Although we are the Newest and Fastest growing shop in Houston, Ive been in the Automotive industry for over 30yrs. Our model is..We aren't in competition with anyone, we have our own market and that is with the people that connect with us, and "Any Shop can build performance cars, but the cars we build are built on relationships"..for those that know who we are, know that we are real people, true enthusiasts, and love people more than we love the cars we build. So with that said let me state some of the facts..for one, and OP knows this to be True..

Procharger really got us good on this whole deal, they assured us that this set-up was going to be a simple process, and that the kit we purchased was an easy bolt-on!!..Not so, every aspect of this kit did not fit the application and we had to troubleshoot and custom fit almost every component that was included. The brackets wouldn't line-up, the charge piping wouldn't fit, clearance had to be made to mount the unit, and the orientation of the MAF in the cooler that they supplied was by their words "It Wont Work". OP was aware of the complications from the very start, and he was as frustrated as we were.

Our delays started almost immediately dealing with Tech, waiting for parts, and continuous discoveries of one problem after another. The unit was not designed to fit with the factory Power steering pump, and we communicated and suggested the solution, which included custom fabricating a remote reservoir for the PS pump (Delay) We clearly communicated with OP on every issue and he approved every resolve, which of course incurred additional costs. The charge piping had to be completely fabricated, flanges were tigged to the blower and the piping was quality fabricated..replacing generic elbows,rubber couplers and clamps, that for one didn't fit, and two would have blown off every time the car was boosted.

Before I go further let me add the history of this car..is was at a couple of very well known shops..one of which built the motor (416 CID forged internals), which OP stated he had No Confidence in and expected problems with. OP had problems with the previous shops he had work performed at, and our goal was to help him. Anyhow from the onset of this project OP had a Laundry list of items and upgrades that he wanted to incorporate into the build to support his 1000HP 10 second goals. The TR6060 was removed and shipped out for an internal upgrade which took a few weeks to get back (Delay). He wanted to replace his Stock intake with a Fast 102, and then added a Fore Innovations Triple Pump Fuel system,1300 ID injectors, and new fuel rails to support his desire to run E85 to meet his HP goals. After assessing his original full motor build we advised him that his Cam profiles were supportive of an N/A application, and that the camshaft needed to be replaced to support Boost. OP clearly understood and approved the correct Cam and components to be installed to support "His Goals", and additional charges were applied to the invoice..(Delays). So during the process of Upgrading his TR6060, we found that his Rear Main was starting to leak, and he approved the additional parts required to correct before reinstalling the trans. OP decided he wanted to Upgrade his Shifter to an MGW, and the parts were ordered (Delay). The Laundry list of upgrades to this build created multiple Delays that were not associated with the original objective, which were added daily and weekly during the build process, as OP continuously changed his mind and added items.

The initial start-up revealed quite a few unexpected issues that needed correction to get things in order for tuning, one of which was his original TPIS T/B, which one of the previous shops had drilled a hole in, and was causing idling issues. Once again OP was informed of the problem and acknowledged that the hole was drilled, and decided to go with a Nick 102, which we ordered (delays) As many of you know tuning is the most time consuming, critical aspect of any build, and all of us rely on the ability of the few competent tuners available in the Houston area. Well unfortunately a tuner we contracted for our tuning proved to be extremely incompetent, and held us hostage with tuning complications and "Delays"..for the record we terminated this guy as quick as we discovered his incompetency, and Now have a very talented veteran tuner (Mark Gust) who has achieved many hi-profile accolades for his accomplishments. Mark was able to make a lot of progress overcoming some technical complications, which led us to correcting some of the design defects of the kit, that created some delays as we had to re-fabricate the charge piping and relocate the MAF, For the record this car is a true beast and will surely make a name for itself.

The integrity of the build was solid and quite impressive with the many quality performance enhancements, and the car ran Amazing, we have video on our Facebook of it. During the the initial tuning process the brand new twin disc Monster clutch that OP had installed originally at another shop, started to slip under the Gobs of Boost, and once again (Delays). OP was quite aware of the issue before bringing us the car and wasn't surprised of the issue, but yet frustrated being that it was a costly new clutch that obviously needed to be replaced, at an obvious "Additional Cost", and "Delays"!!!..At this point we had over 80 hours in the car, and felt horrible for OP's troubles..so we offered once again to Help him. We contacted Mantic Clutches and shared the application with them, and they offered us a very special deal to promote their product. We gave the clutch set-up to OP for our exact Special Deal Price and had him purchase the clutch, which we turned around and INSTALLED for FREE..yes Zero charge to install the new Mantic Clutch set-up.

After the Delay of receiving and installing the clutch, we had to go through a very tedious Break-in period to ensure the integrity and life of the Mantic set-up...(Delays..miles of driving through procedures)..Once again we commenced tuning and as we dialed it in, there were tuning technical complications that Mark was challenged with and spent hours attempting to resolve. For those of you familiar with the technicals of tuning, a 3 bar Map was set up on an E38 ECU and had to be calibrated to read the scale..the issue was the car was going from 110 ft/lbs of TQ to 650 ft/lbs of TQ withing 300RPM which was occurring within a cell or 2 of the resolution, in plain English the power was ramping so quickly the ECU's resolution was causing some technical challenges(Delays) Well to say the least OP was frustrated with all the dynamics of time and challenges of the build, and was being misled, and misinformed by various individuals he was getting advice from. One of his advisers was telling him the only fix was a Pro-EFI set-up and he called me to tell me that's what he wanted to do, because he was told it was the only solution. I clearly stated that the problem could be resolved, but needed additional tuning time. OP said he was tired of the delays and just wanted to do the Pro EFI set-up, which he decided to do after getting a second opinion from our tuner. OP had already spoke to another shop and was told the set-up would cost $5500. I told OP that if this is what he wanted to do that I would allow him to pay for the Unit Directly to the supplier at My EXACT Cost!!..yes Exact cost, and that I would only charge him the minimal labor time to install the unit for him. OP agreed happily and submitted his CC for the direct at cost purchase. Well once again OP changed his mind due to being misled and misinformed by an individual at another shop, that told him they could fix the problem for $50 with 3 bar MAP, and ordered us to wrap up the car so that he could pay the bill and take his car to the $50 fix man!..We were exhausted with trying to help OP and did as he asked.

Well the next morning he came to pick up his car with his wife, which we had cleaned and buttoned up, and I'm afraid I cant tell you the rest, due to some very ugly behavior which I have on video...The bottom line to the story is Ive learned, as I know for fact, that many other performance shops and businesses have learned, that you cant make everybody happy no matter how hard you try. OP had a balance of parts he authorized and paid for, that I discounted and took a total loss on in the amount of $1300..not to mention losing a a minimum of 60-80 Labor Hours that I never charged him for, which at $120 p/hr....well.. you can do the math. .I've attached the invoice for the job and it tells the story clearly, and I need not say more...OP paid less than 10K for parts and Labor to install his F1X. Look at the labor hours we charged him...12 Hours labor at $100 p/hr, all in the name of trying to Help. The rest of his bill is compiled of a laundry list of upgrades and parts he added to the build..I do hope he enjoys all the hard work we did on his car..that's the Second Side to the Story..let the Invoice and the Video tell the truth..
Old 03-04-2015, 08:13 AM   #20
Ice992
Semper Fi

glad someone reached out to Mike for the other side of the tale.

-H-Town Camaro Club-
Old 03-04-2015, 09:57 AM   #21
hazy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
OP, care to share your side of the story?
Old 03-04-2015, 09:37 PM   #22
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazy View Post
OP, care to share your side of the story?

This.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
Old 03-04-2015, 10:24 PM   #23
12TX2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS