Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-17-2014, 03:11 AM   #1
MonteSS

Drives: 2010 1SS M6
D1SC Procharger 2010 M6 Results

Update: Final numbers are 579/564 - Dyno sheet, pics and further information is listed two posts below

So after a long month of waiting I finally got my baby back today, while she wasn't quite finished it had been a long day and well...

At 11am I was told the car would be ready for pickup around 2pm today, and would get the final call to head that way when it was next in line for tuning (I live about two hours away).

The shop closed at about 3, and so I just figured I'd head there around 1:30 incase they got busy and forgot to call.

So I get there and it's a mess, basically had a 900hp vette run into some problems (running the stock transmission). Anyway, the guys at Craven Performance were incredibly helpful and stayed until about 8:00pm to make sure I got to drive my baby home.

We did a few minor fuel upgrades with my D1SC procharger kit, but as it turns out I was running lean above 5,500 RPMs and I need to take her back in Monday to finish that last part and see if we need to look at bigger injectors/pump.

Anyway, was a long day of waiting at the shop for me and I can't even imagine how Shane and Tom felt, staying nearly 5 hours overtime to take care of me. I don't have the dyno sheet but I'll make sure and get it Monday, their main printer quit working on them in the morning.

But she put down 516.7 HP @ 5560RPMs, and that number should rise a bit after we finish off the last portion of the tune.

After an hour and a half of driving back in the rain it decided to let up and I was able to play around a bit. As advised, with the stock p-zero's still on I was really cautious with traction and what not. And for good reason, having taken this car from stock (CAI + exhaust) to this power level has been insane to me.

Just some general thoughts on the procharger so far in general.
I love it, it's incredible and I can't wait for Monday where we'll finish the tune and address our issues.
It sounds great, has a beautiful whine that you can hear when you get on it or just have the radio off. With the radio on low, it easily drowns out the sound of the whine on the highway.
The blowoff noise sounds incredible as well.

The power really makes itself known around 3500 RPMs, this is where you really get into boost and feel that power. The first time I got into it I was in second, and I couldn't believe how fast I hit the rev limiter (which was at 5500 due to the fuel issue, so I also wasn't used to that part either)

You feel a bit of boost around 2600 RPMs, but under that the car is pretty much out of boost and has a stock feel to it - which is great for me.

I'll save the "worthless" info for last, but I drove around 55 mph most of the way home and averaged ~24 mpg, which is slightly less(1-2mpg) that I would have gotten pre-install at that speed.
If I had to guess, doing 75 or so I'd say I'll be between 21-22mpgs.

Just in general, I'm quite happy with the results thus far. I don't know what other kinda numbers people are putting down with just the procharger but it's been everything I've hoped for thus far. Stock drive-ability whenever you stay out of boost, but whenever you decide to put your foot into it, she runs like a striped ass ape.
Already had a duramax pull up to a light tonight and ask for a race, but I thought better of it. I told him I get my drag radials Wednesday and let's head to the track!

Huge thanks to Craven Performance in St. Charles MO. These guys treated my car as their own, always stored it inside and really took care of me - as I was pretty damn impatient with the wait.

The only bad thing I can say about the procharger so far was the month wait it took to ship, which others are telling me isn't that bad. It's a lot of little parts and what not - I get this. But still disheartening that this is the standard of service in this industry.

Would do it over in a heartbeat (heh)

Video'd a dyno run of it, took a few pics and will upload the dyno sheet itself in the next few days.

Last edited by MonteSS; 08-25-2014 at 03:11 AM.
MonteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 10:15 PM   #2
BLK1LE

Drives: 2014 Black 1LE SS
Any updates?
BLK1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:50 AM   #3
MonteSS

yes actually, sorry!

Finally got the car back a few days ago. Just got new Nitto NT555R's on it today, I would have liked to get an 18'' wheel - but my wallet is pretty dry after all of this

It made 579/564 with catback exhaust, D1SC procharger peaking at 9lbs of boost, ID850lb injectors, and an upgraded fuel pump.

Shane and Greg both did a great job, always kept the car inside and treated it as if it were their own. These guys are fantastic, well worth the two hour drive I took to get this done!

Last edited by MonteSS; 11-07-2015 at 01:33 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:12 PM   #4
10 2SS/RS 6M

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 bone stock 9K miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteSS View Post
yes actually, sorry!

Finally got the car back a few days ago. Just got new Nitto NT555R's on it today, I would have liked to get an 18'' wheel - but my wallet is pretty dry after all of this

It made 579/564 with catback exhaust, D1SC procharger peaking at 9lbs of boost, ID850lb injectors, and an upgraded fuel pump.

Shane and the rest of Craven Performance really did a great job, always kept the car inside and treated it as if it were their own. These guys are fantastic, well worth the two hour drive I took to get this done!

Nice!

I can't wait to get mine. I'm very impatient. So now I'll understand the waiting part. Thanks for posting this.
SLP- long tube headers, hi flow cats w/full SLP 3'' PowerFlo exhaust incl/X-pipe, 160 degree stat, SLP Blackwing CAI. Dyno tuned by ECS-407/409RWHP&TQ. BMR- trailing arms w/poly knuckle bushings, toe links, cradle bushings and differential bushings. QA1 rear lower control arms. Hurst short throw shifter, SS- level 4 axles, DSS- aluminum driveshaft, Pfadt- sport 1.5" rear sway-bar. SPOHN 1.25" front sway-bar. Monster LT1-S twin clutch. Prothane motor mounts. Best 1/4 mile so far- 12:70ET @ 112.24 MPH w/ 2.06 second 60'.
SOLD.
10 2SS/RS 6M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 01:39 PM   #5
MonteSS

Make sure to post your own! Would be interested to hear what kind of numbers other guys are getting with similar setups.

What all did you order?
Old 09-04-2014, 01:56 PM   #6
10 2SS/RS 6M

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 bone stock 9K miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteSS View Post
Make sure to post your own! Would be interested to hear what kind of numbers other guys are getting with similar setups.

What all did you order?
I didn't order anything yet, I want to put the stronger HammerHead IRS in it 1st, I already have the axles and driveshaft.
SLP- long tube headers, hi flow cats w/full SLP 3'' PowerFlo exhaust incl/X-pipe, 160 degree stat, SLP Blackwing CAI. Dyno tuned by ECS-407/409RWHP&TQ. BMR- trailing arms w/poly knuckle bushings, toe links, cradle bushings and differential bushings. QA1 rear lower control arms. Hurst short throw shifter, SS- level 4 axles, DSS- aluminum driveshaft, Pfadt- sport 1.5" rear sway-bar. SPOHN 1.25" front sway-bar. Monster LT1-S twin clutch. Prothane motor mounts. Best 1/4 mile so far- 12:70ET @ 112.24 MPH w/ 2.06 second 60'.
SOLD.
10 2SS/RS 6M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 01:07 PM   #7
ShaneH

Drives: 09 pontiac g8
thanks for posting the results up.

ShaneH is offline   Reply With Quote