Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-20-2015, 12:03 PM   #57

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
At my job there is one Camaro SS owner that speeds through the parking lot everyday coming and going. The speed limit is 15mph. He does like 45-50 flying in/out his parking space. As one Camaro owner to another I want to give him some advice in a nice way, but is not sure how it will go over. But someone can easily get hurt or worst. If he worked for the same ompany as me that would be an easier conversation to have. Should I just leave it be??
Just because the parking lot may be private property, doesn't mean traffic laws do not apply. They are layed out to engineered specs, permitted, regulated by local ordinances, etc.

Why do you think the posted speed limit in your parking lot is 15mph?....It's not just a guess or a suggestion, it's the speed limit. Yes, it's private property, but it isn't a lawless, free-for-all zone either...

Call the local pd and explain what is going on. Have it on record that you did complain and even record him driving unsafely. Do it more than once. The pd will eventually get around to it and cite the offender.

Good luck.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 12:23 PM   #58
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
Until someone gets hurt

Especially if it's the OP's Camaro getting hurt.
I guess the guy learn his lesson when he gets multiple charges and a lawsuit to deal with. Until then, the OP isnt in any position of authority to tell or suggest to anyone that they shouldnt do something. Thats the problem with people nowadays is that they feel as though they need to do be the "hero" or the person who stood up when in reality its a compensation issue with their own mediocre life.

Without an accurate speed reading we're all left in the dark about what the OP's definition of speeding is. The guy could really only be doing 20mph but the OP perceives it as faster.

OP leave the guy alone. If something happens it happens, he'll learn
arkentect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 12:24 PM   #59
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
That's cool that the security is involved. At least there is some sort of awareness and accountability!!!
Still alot if meatheads driving fast in the parking lot. I'll include local streets as well. The cops love pulling these guys over.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 01:50 PM   #60
Smileyou125

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Stop bitching op..
Smileyou125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 02:03 PM   #61
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileyou125 View Post
Stop bitching op..
Real cute until someone you know and love gets hurt!! Then who will be doing the b*tching???
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 02:11 PM   #62
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkentect View Post
I guess the guy learn his lesson when he gets multiple charges and a lawsuit to deal with. Until then, the OP isnt in any position of authority to tell or suggest to anyone that they shouldnt do something. Thats the problem with people nowadays is that they feel as though they need to do be the "hero" or the person who stood up when in reality its a compensation issue with their own mediocre life.

Without an accurate speed reading we're all left in the dark about what the OP's definition of speeding is. The guy could really only be doing 20mph but the OP perceives it as faster.

Nobody is trying to be a hero.. I think you are missing the point. That in this fraternity of Camaros should we look out for each other. The guy is a lot younger from what I can see. I wish more older cats counseled me when I was younger. Sometimes looking the other way doesn't resolve anything. First step in being in a civilization is being civilized. My life is far from mediocre. I love my job, family, and have the best two cars I've ever owned in my garage. My intention and idea was never to parent or chastise the speeder, but more to look out for him. That why I said "from one Camaro owner to another".,
Old 08-20-2015, 02:18 PM   #63
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow1616 View Post
This happened to Me about 25 years ago. Someone use to speed down My street all the time. I had young kids at the time and yelled for them to slow down. They laughed and sped up more.
The next time I saw him I put a baseball bat through his windshield. Nothing was ever reported and he never sped down My street again.
But that was 25 years ago, probably wouldn't get away with that now.
I'm not sure the statue of limitations has run out yet on what we did to teach idiots lessons...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Just because the parking lot may be private property, doesn't mean traffic laws do not apply. They are layed out to engineered specs, permitted, regulated by local ordinances, etc.

Why do you think the posted speed limit in your parking lot is 15mph?....It's not just a guess or a suggestion, it's the speed limit. Yes, it's private property, but it isn't a lawless, free-for-all zone either...

Call the local pd and explain what is going on. Have it on record that you did complain and even record him driving unsafely. Do it more than once. The pd will eventually get around to it and cite the offender.

Good luck.
This. Report him for reckless endangerment of human life (daily), or whatever your locality calls it. Report it to the property management as well. He can be prevented from bringing his vehicle back to the property, then arrested for trespassing if pushed far enough. I work on a large private campus and we have had State Police handle similar issues. Not only do we own the parking lots...we own all of the surrounding roads as well.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 02:21 PM   #64
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post

Good luck.
This!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2015, 02:21 PM   #65
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
I'm not sure the statue of limitations has run out yet on what we did to teach idiots lessons...

This. Report him for reckless endangerment of human life (daily), or whatever your locality calls it. Report it to the property management as well. He can be prevented from bringing his vehicle back to the property, then arrested for trespassing if pushed far enough. I work on a large private campus and we have had State Police handle similar issues. Not only do we own the parking lots...we own all of the surrounding roads as well.
And this!!!!!
Old 08-20-2015, 03:15 PM   #66
nosmr2

Drives: 2011 L99 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
Don't be a Carl from The Walking Dead.

Carl Grimes didn't shoot the walker in the river early on because he was already stuck in the mud. Carl didn't do the right thing because he still felt compassion for walkers. Later, that same walker apparently got loose, found the Green farm and ate Dale. Karma's a beeyotch. Carl felt guilty for Dale's death, and turned into a hard-ass later. It cost him because he didn't take care of things when he had the chance. A friend died because of his inaction.

Don't be a Carl. Report unsafe conditions!

Don't ever be a Carl, for any reason.

nosmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 04:02 PM   #67
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
I am not so sure about that. I was running late and zipping through an empty parking lot, and a cop stopped me, told a story of someone being hit in this lot, and how pissed he was I was driving like that. Though he may not have had a leg to stand on, he sure made it seem like he had better never see it again. Maybe a "too fast for conditions ticket"?
no he didnt have a leg to stand on. I know because my sister was t boned by someone in a lot who ran a stop sign. cops told her they can not do anything about it because it is a parking lot and not a public roadway. Basicly a company can put up any sign they want. The only thing the company can do is fine or fire you for violating the sign.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:51 PM   #68
Squillo

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS BRM LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkentect View Post

Maybe when he hits someone it'll be one of your family members.
Squillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 06:10 PM   #69
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
no he didnt have a leg to stand on. I know because my sister was t boned by someone in a lot who ran a stop sign. cops told her they can not do anything about it because it is a parking lot and not a public roadway. Basicly a company can put up any sign they want. The only thing the company can do is fine or fire you for violating the sign.
Interesting!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 06:10 PM   #70
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
i bought a 79f100 and a week later the brakes went out coming up to a t intersection. I had a stop sign. A guy in a 84 v6 firebird cut the corner and hit me in my lane. The guy at the house on the corner told the Sheriff i was doing 70mph and so did the guy in the firebird. Never knew a 79 f100 with bias ply tires could make a t intersection doing 70 and not even leave its lane or slide the tires. I was going 50 befor i tried to hit the brakes. Tried downshifting the 3 on the tree but was to new to a stick to think to rev it to get it into the lower gear. Turns out the brake line was touching a wire and was boiling the fluid. Point being i was probably doing 10mph when I went through the stop sign and they both said i was going 70.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote