Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-31-2013, 03:20 PM   #239
Forty5th

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbardo View Post
Scott,
Illegitimi non carborundum
to that.
Forty5th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:25 PM   #240
steel insane

Drives: 2012 2LT Black (Vengeance)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbardo View Post
Scott,
Illegitimi non carborundum
I doubt it or he'd definitely be in the wrong industry... OH my bad.

Let the Love fest continue....
steel insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:53 PM   #241
NSCRFN3

Drives: 2010 Camaro RJT 2SS/RS M6
I would first like to say Thank You Fbodfather for everything you have done and continue to do for team Camaro and Chevrolet! I have followed you on this site since the reveal of the 5th Gen. Much respect to you sir! There is also much respect given as to how you and others at GM are accessible on this site and listen to what people say and take it to heart. Ya'll Rock!

Secondly, like a couple of other posts I've read in this thread, when the 5th Gen was revealed I knew right then and there I had to have one. Since at the time the wife and I were discussing getting a '69 this was perfect I'd rather have a new one for 40K! To this day to me one of the best atributes of the '09 - '13 is it is a very close modern interpretation of the 1st Gen. Even though the new refresh is not my cup of tea, I am glad to see it is more of a modern look. I like how true to the 1st Gen my '09 is and I feel even more secure going forward that she won't be going anywhere. (However that would not have been the case if the Hot Wheels edition was more like the concept so my wife thanks you for that! lol)

With all that being said the refresh is to me ok. Nothing I have to have. It is a good looking car as it is a Camaro and they will move in mass no doubt and the Z speaks for itself!

But again MUCH THANKS to you and everyone at GM for bringing the Camaro back and all the sacrifices you have made and continue to make to do so!
Old 03-31-2013, 04:16 PM   #242
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel insane View Post
I doubt it or he'd definitely be in the wrong industry... OH my bad.

Let the Love fest continue....
Right isn't it sickening ? This guy fbod is gonna need a bigger hat for as much as his head has to be growing. Seriously do you guys think he's gonna give the biggest butt kisser a car?
Sad thing is, these are the same guys who only days ago wanted to lynch the tail light designers.

I still say that most of the changes are good but the tail lights ruin it. I don't know of anyone that had a problem with the other lights. That is one of the problems with designers they can never leave well enough alone.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:21 PM   #243
MS3DALE

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/6M Litho#190
Quote:
Originally Posted by INTENSS View Post
I have the same feelings. I was hoping the LS7 would be available for a sort of "middle of the road" between the SS and ZL1...not just in pricing, but power as well. I love the 1LE, and would be happy to pay another ~$5k-$8k more to it to get a 500hp LS7 1LE. I don't know the dyanmics of the market, but I think there are a good number of us in the middle who want something more than an SS (426 hp) but don't have or want to spend almost $60k for a ZL1. I'm ready to spend around $45k for the stage II 1LE as described above with the LS7. And please, make a medium blue available.
+1
My thoughts exactly,I was hoping the LS7 would be "between" the SS and ZL1,and be priced accordingly,oh well no problem,I'll just keep my SS and continue modding it the way I want!

'11 IOM 2SS/RS LS3/6M HURST - Roto-Fab CAI-Kook's LTs-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
Proud Litho owner #190 - Homecoming Litho #120
'15 SILVERADO Z71 1500 LTZ Crew Cab - 6.2 "Midnight Edition" -Airaid intake-CORSA
MS3DALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:37 PM   #244
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
That pole was started just after the fuzzy poor screenshots taken from the TV show. Most of the votes in that pole were made BEFORE the official reveal.
Start a new pole today and I bet it would get different results.
My vote would remain the same. The Camaro SS/RS isn't appealing to me. The 2010-2013 put me into shock with the pictures and in person I knew I needed it. I don't get the same feeling for the refresh. It's still a nice vehicle but not to my liking. The ZL1 managed to keep the front end the same so im curious to see how that looks.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:40 PM   #245
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
My vote would remain the same. The Camaro SS/RS isn't appealing to me. The 2010-2013 put me into shock with the pictures and in person I knew I needed it. I don't get the same feeling for the refresh. It's still a nice vehicle but not to my liking. The ZL1 managed to keep the front end the same so im curious to see how that looks.
I did start a new pole and after 148 votes it was right at 51% like and 49% don't like.
Feel free to go and vote if you haven't already.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286190
Old 03-31-2013, 05:04 PM   #246
Camaro Fred
2012 ZL1 VIN 150

Drives: 1973 RS LT Camaro 4 Speed
Design styles change over time and Chevrolet must make changes in pursuit of progress. History shows that several design changes are a step backward, but in order to move forward there will be setbacks. The verdict is not in for the 2014 refresh, that will be decided by the sales figures next year. The pole on this site is statistically significant, but the sample population is not random so I don't read much into it. I am glad Scott has the passion he has and takes the time to give us his perspective.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:05 PM   #247
alanhurst
Master Chief

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS L99
Didn't like the refresh and time hasn't changed my mind. The problem with the "it'll grow on them" mentality is you are betting people will buy something that at first glance leaves them cold.

You will have your diehards that will eat up just about anything you toss at them but if the general public looks at something and goes ewww, you're sunk because it'll never have the chance to grow on them as they'll just move on to the next car.

Not bashing Fbodfather or the design team or even the 2014 cars for that matter. I LOVE my 2011 and will keep it until either it or me dies.

But with that being said if the 5th gens had started out looking like the 2014 models i'd be in a Challenger right now.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:15 PM   #248
SilverSurfer21

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
I did start a new pole and after 148 votes it was right at 51% like and 49% don't like.
Over 1400 people voted in the other poll. You don't even have 200 yet. The other poll was over 900 against vs 500 for. Give it some time dude, before you jump to conclusions.
SilverSurfer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:16 PM   #249
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer21 View Post
Over 1400 people voted in the other poll. You don't even have 200 yet. The other poll was over 900 against vs 500 for. Give it some time dude, before you jump to conclusions.
I was not jumping to any conclusion,just reporting the current results, how is that making a conclusion?
Old 03-31-2013, 05:22 PM   #250
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Quote:
frankly, these polls are getting old/boring. Sales will be the verdict. And if the other venders don't have much to offer, it may be close.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:23 PM   #251
SilverSurfer21

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Fred View Post
Design styles change over time and Chevrolet must make changes in pursuit of progress. History shows that several design changes are a step backward, but in order to move forward there will be setbacks. The verdict is not in for the 2014 refresh, that will be decided by the sales figures next year. The pole on this site is statistically significant, but the sample population is not random so I don't read much into it. I am glad Scott has the passion he has and takes the time to give us his perspective.
I think that since GM was bringing out the Z/28 for 2014, they wanted a bit of refresh in doing so. That is why they didn't go fullout with the refresh. No real interior changes other than new seats, generic rear end and a different front grille. I think they are saving their best ideas for the 6th generation model. That is my hope anyway and I think it makes sense. That is why the back of the car isn't as exciting as it could be.
SilverSurfer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:31 PM   #252
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer21 View Post
I think that since GM was bringing out the Z/28 for 2014, they wanted a bit of refresh in doing so. That is why they didn't go fullout with the refresh. No real interior changes other than new seats, generic rear end and a different front grille. I think they are saving their best ideas for the 6th generation model. That is my hope anyway and I think it makes sense. That is why the back of the car isn't as exciting as it could be.
I hope that is their strategy, then people would be like and and and enough of that for them too to the dealerships.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote