Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 02-14-2017, 07:10 PM   #603
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Le Garrette Blount the running back for the PATS knows what to do when your first and 10 with 4:40 at your opponents 22 yard line with a FG kicker that's 97% from inside 45 yards, with an 8 point lead

He says "They just tryin' to run that clock now".

Yes Mr. Blount, correct play, you know this easily, because when Belichick has been in this position with a lead, you have run the ball into the back of your biggest offensive lineman before. If you get a yard great, if you lose a yard, so what? Burn the clock. Kick the FG. This is the best option by far, very easy decision.

But Mr. Blount, fortunately for you, ATL has Kyle "Bonehead" Shanahan calling the plays, and he doesn't have enough sense to do this.

Roll this video from 23:55

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 07:30 PM   #604
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
I think if you want a boxing analogy for the Patriots/Falcons Super Bowl, Julio Cesar Chavez vs Meldrick Taylor from 1990 is most apt.

Fought for the Super Lightweight title, this fight had drama to spare and a half.

Taylor won almost every round (on 2 of 3 judge cards) but as I watched the fight live, I was amazed at the summation of punishment he was taking. He looked like he lost every round.

By the 12th and final round, Taylor was out of gas and out of defense. Chavez "stopped" him with less than 5 seconds to go. I say "stopped", as it was controversial.

With the knockdown in the 12th my card had it Taylor 114-113 win (Taylor 10-9 rounds 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8; Chavez rounds 2, 9, 10, 11, and 10-8 in 12th) if the fight had not been stopped.

The Falcons got gassed in the 4th quarter on defense and got beat by an all time great.

"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 07:34 PM   #605
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
What the video clearly shows is outstanding playing on the Pats part and total failure by the Falcons, regardless of the plays called the Falcon's players are to blame........
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 07:35 PM   #606
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Too bad the center blocks like a girl and couldn't even slow down the pass rush and left the league MVP on his ass , probibly wishing he would have rolled out. But hindsite is twenty twenty. Shoulda, coulda, woulda. Better execution on the play that WAS called may have been a touchdown,since the receiver was wide open and had a short stroll for a touchdown and a fifteen point lead. Say Joe, plug in your calculator and tell me, what's the percentage of victory with a fifteen point lead and 2:50 to play? Bet that's what the OC was thinking. Hey didn't he get a new gig as head coach somewhere? Have a nice day!!
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 07:38 PM   #607
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Lover View Post
I think if you want a boxing analogy for the Patriots/Falcons Super Bowl, Julio Cesar Chavez vs Meldrick Taylor from 1990 is most apt.

Fought for the Super Lightweight title, this fight had drama to spare and a half.

Taylor won almost every round (on 2 of 3 judge cards) but as I watched the fight live, I was amazed at the summation of punishment he was taking. He looked like he lost every round.

By the 12th and final round, Taylor was out of gas and out of defense. Chavez "stopped" him with less than 5 seconds to go. I say "stopped", as it was controversial.

With the knockdown in the 12th my card had it Taylor 114-113 win (Taylor 10-9 rounds 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8; Chavez rounds 2, 9, 10, 11, and 10-8 in 12th) if the fight had not been stopped.

The Falcons got gassed in the 4th quarter on defense and got beat by an all time great.

Great fight. All time great Chavez pulls it out at the end. Awesome.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:40 PM   #608
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
What the video clearly shows is outstanding playing on the Pats part and total failure by the Falcons, regardless of the plays called the Falcon's players are to blame........
+1. Couldn't agree more
Old 02-14-2017, 07:44 PM   #609
Muscle Car Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
Great fight. All time great Chavez pulls it out at the end. Awesome.
If you have seen that fight, indeed, hard to forget!

I am a HUGE Patriots homer, but geezus 1 or 2 better ideas by Falcons late and we are discussing how Patriots have lost their edge. Silly to argue otherwise.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Old 02-14-2017, 07:53 PM   #610
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:

I am a HUGE Patriots homer, but geezus 1 or 2 better ideas by Falcons late and we are discussing how Patriots have lost their edge. Silly to argue otherwise.
Yes I saw the fight. Richard Steele was the referee and caught lots of heat for doing his job of protecting the fighters if they are incapable of doing it themselves. May be nextime they will, the Falcons that is, you have to learn to walk before you can run and as we we say at work, third times the charm! Lol.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:56 PM   #611
Muscle Car Lover

Quote:
Yes I saw the fight. Richard Steele was the referee and caught lots of heat for doing his job of protecting the fighters if they are incapable of doing it themselves. May be nextime they will, the Falcons that is, you have to learn to walk before you can run and as we we say at work, third times the charm! Lol.
Falcons should be good for a while; not many free agents and have cap room.

Old 02-14-2017, 08:43 PM   #612
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:

Hey we have an honest PATS fan in the thread!

Good analogy of the Chavez/Taylor fight. Aside from the controversial ending, the scenario is exactly the same. If Taylor just dances and moves around the ring he wins, he has the fight won, but his corner tells him he needs to win the round, so he ends up losing by not running the clock out and doing the smart thing.

There is a time to be aggressive and time to be smart when you have a huge lead.

Shanahan hasn't learned this.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:52 PM   #613
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Too bad the center blocks like a girl and couldn't even slow down the pass rush and left the league MVP on his ass , probibly wishing he would have rolled out. But hindsite is twenty twenty. Shoulda, coulda, woulda. Better execution on the play that WAS called may have been a touchdown,since the receiver was wide open and had a short stroll for a touchdown and a fifteen point lead. Say Joe, plug in your calculator and tell me, what's the percentage of victory with a fifteen point lead and 2:50 to play? Bet that's what the OC was thinking. Hey didn't he get a new gig as head coach somewhere? Have a nice day!!

You don't go against plays that put you as a 99.6% and a 98.1% favorite to win.

You also don't argue with a pathological liar like Kenny.

I already know you don't know the definition of this, so here goes, but being a pathological liar, you will deny this.

A pathological liar is someone who compulsively tells lies or fabricates information. They may not be completely rooted in reality, believing the lies they tell.

You deny the fact that Shanahan went with the wrong plays.

You make up statistics that are untrue.

You don't even know the name of the player you are making the incorrect statistics on.

You make up analogy's that aren't true.

Even a video with a player from the PATS stating what the proper play is, you deny this!

You switch your story to a different lie after your caught in one.

Yes I'd most definitely say you 100% with out a doubt qualify as a pathological liar.

No calculator needed to figure this out.

You want to know what Shanahan was thinking? LOL it's already been posted! He stated that he passed on 2nd down because he didn't want his FG kicker to have to make a 50 yard FG, it wasn't a 50 yard FG! It was a 40 yard FG!

Shanahan has gone to the SF 49ers, and ATL hired a drunk from the Alabama Crimson Tide as OC.

I think the drunk can make a simple call when he is 99.6 and 98.1%.

Last edited by Joe M 2012 2SS; 02-14-2017 at 09:23 PM.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:08 PM   #614
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
What your post clearly states is that you understand nothing about playing situational football properly.

You don't fold two plays that are 99.6% and 98.1% to win to go with a much higher risk play.

There is a reason that up until this game, no team in 93 tries had ever come back from a 19 or more point deficit in the 4th quarter of a post-season game.

No one else took the lower percentage plays. They went with the proper play.

Old 02-15-2017, 03:09 AM   #615
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
What your post clearly states is that you understand nothing about playing situational football properly.

You don't fold two plays that are 99.6% and 98.1% to win to go with a much higher risk play.

There is a reason that up until this game, no team in 93 tries had ever come back from a 19 or more point deficit in the 4th quarter of a post-season game.

No one else took the lower percentage plays. They went with the proper play.
Ride that horse till it dies...... Have a nice day!!
Really. All comments from Joey have been 100% accurate, just ask him he will tell you. What a joke.
Old 02-15-2017, 08:00 AM   #616
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
Quote:
Captain Butthurt will still be crying, yes, that's you Joey. And trying to do anything he can to shift the non stop whining about his 'statistical facts', that actually don't apply, onto some other subject that he can apply a statistical analogy to, that doesn't make sense because it has as many,if not more holes in it than his football rant. Think they can go back to back? Six, that's almost surreal.
They were the last team to win back to back....and coincidentally at the same time, it was 3 out of four, with a win, not in it , then back to back wins.
What are the statistical chances of that exact scenario happening to begin Brady's career....and possibly ending it that way ??
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote