Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2010 Camaro5 Fest (I)

Old 01-15-2010, 10:27 AM   #43
TeamTCA

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS #21068
Cool idea...Mine will be easy though as its own the license plate (personalized tag)...

Kenwood Excelon, Rockford Fosgate, JBL, Hertz, Audison, Illusion Audio,
Mosconi, Diamond Audio, Hybrid Audio, WetSounds, & more
TeamTCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:44 AM   #44
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miketebo22 View Post
hey i was thinkin and you dont really have to have the RS and model type stuff on them...we can all see what the car is! I think everyone here knows the differences in model types and styles..mods arent that easy tho. just a thought
CamaroSpike23 (a moderator here) requested to have that on there. Remember, there could end up being some people at the fest that aren't as familiar with the Camaro as we are. And it doesn't take up too much space either way.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:39 AM   #45
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
CamaroSpike23 (a moderator here) requested to have that on there. Remember, there could end up being some people at the fest that aren't as familiar with the Camaro as we are. And it doesn't take up too much space either way.

well, maybe not list the model types, just have a space to put in the model type. take the one in post 39 and just leave a blank space after "model"

and to Miketebo22, while a lot of us know the differences between the cars, there are a lot of owners who dont
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:29 AM   #46
68 Z/28
Father Time

Drives: 1967 Malibu / 2002 Caddy DTS
Send a message via Yahoo to 68 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
well, maybe not list the model types, just have a space to put in the model type. take the one in post 39 and just leave a blank space after "model"

and to Miketebo22, while a lot of us know the differences between the cars, there are a lot of owners who dont
My car shouldn't be to hard to spot

68 Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:58 AM   #47
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 Z/28 View Post
My car shouldn't be to hard to spot

thats another thing... who's to say that everyone is going to be bringing a 5th gen to the show?
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 01-16-2010, 07:07 AM   #48
68 Z/28
Father Time

Drives: 1967 Malibu / 2002 Caddy DTS
Send a message via Yahoo to 68 Z/28
Quote:
thats another thing... who's to say that everyone is going to be bringing a 5th gen to the show?

68 Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:54 AM   #49
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Ok ANNNYTHING else that you guys want on these? Just kiddin, no biggy. Takes me like 30 seconds to throw stuff on.

Ok, version 3.0:

Attachment 86504

Attachment 86505

Remember though, I just threw these together for a general idea, if we want to use these for the real deal, cool, but I personally thought it would be cool if whoever designed the original Camaro5 Fest signatures did a 'finalized' version of these.
I like this, without information on the car. It has been said, we don't need that. Anyone can see what kind of car it is, camaro or not. If you feel compelled to write what it is, there is plenty of white space to do so! There is an old saying, KISS Keep it simple stupid. i think we should go this route. If someone doesnt know if a car is an SS or LS... they can ask. This way the card can be used even if you bring a 2010 tC! (can't wait to see this tearing up the track) It may take the autox better then the Camaro!... maybe.

Other thing is 50% of the people at least will not print them out. I say a few people get together and have 100 of them printed up and then mail them to Junkie or someone who is going to be there first. Then he can pass them out at the gates or the hotels. Leaving this in peoples hands, it will fail. As far as name tags??? I hear there is something in the works. I am not sure what our budget is but tee-shirts are very cheap. Now I am sure the $50/$10 fee will not cover a shirt for everyone so thats probably out. I guess you could just have stick on name tags printed up as well.

I am willing to cover some of the costs of the dash sheets and name tags. I figure we need about 400 or so dash tags and what maybe 7 or 800 name tags? Let me print do some leg work and find out what 400 dash cards 8.5x11 on nice stock printed in gloss will cost. PM me if you want to help out with the costs.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 08:21 AM   #50
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Ok ANNNYTHING else that you guys want on these? Just kiddin, no biggy. Takes me like 30 seconds to throw stuff on.
Hah ! You asked. A small addition is to add: "1st Annual" or "Innaugural" or something like that.

For example, look at these guys:
30th Annual GS Nationals!
May 11 - 15, 2010

Imagine going to the 30th Annual C5Fest with 5,000 Camaros and saying "Yeah I was at the very first one... , This is my 2010 I took there. Driven over 200,000 miles in it and I remember the good times with every mile. Wouldn't part with this for anything. "
Old 01-16-2010, 12:03 PM   #51
Whisper Jet
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
I have a suggestion for the name tags. Proability wouldn't work for this year due to time left before April, but for next year. Have the 2x3 plastic name tags with the magnetic clasp on the back so you are not trying to keep a sticky tag stuck to your clothing. Use the design that Brokinarrow has submitted with the user name, first name, and state. The cost would be about $8 per tag and post it on the forum for people to purchase just like Al did for the Camaro5.com t-shirts. That way people can use them year after year for the future Camaro5FEST.
Whisper Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:18 PM   #52
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Sonds good to me. Mines a rental, can't fit my Maro in my carry on.
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:17 PM   #53
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper Jet View Post
I have a suggestion for the name tags. Proability wouldn't work for this year due to time left before April, but for next year. Have the 2x3 plastic name tags with the magnetic clasp on the back so you are not trying to keep a sticky tag stuck to your clothing. Use the design that Brokinarrow has submitted with the user name, first name, and state. The cost would be about $8 per tag and post it on the forum for people to purchase just like Al did for the Camaro5.com t-shirts. That way people can use them year after year for the future Camaro5FEST.

but then you have to ensure that 800 people buy one and remember to bring it with them, and buy extras to have at the fest for those that didnt buy one/forget to buy one/forget to bring one.

this fest does cost more than just the admission price everyone is paying. not all ideas (no matter their greatness) will be able to be followed thru.

just sayin.

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 01-16-2010, 05:22 PM   #54
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
I like that last version of the car tag. Works for me but I agree maybe just leave a space for the model that way non Camaro drivers can add in what car they belong to.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:57 AM   #55
CruznSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Camaro ABM - Silver Ralleys
Like the tags. Let me know final version. I can print some out for our group driving down 95 and have some extra's for at hotel. Would only take a few volunteers to cover there groups and print say 10 to 20 extra copies to take to hotel check in areas.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:58 AM   #56
Whisper Jet
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
but then you have to ensure that 800 people buy one and remember to bring it with them, and buy extras to have at the fest for those that didnt buy one/forget to buy one/forget to bring one.
Its just a personal choice if you would like one or just wear a sticky name tag at the FEST. And you can keep the tag in your glove box or center console so you have it where ever you go.
Whisper Jet is offline   Reply With Quote