Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-25-2020, 08:51 AM   #29
Astatenate

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Just ordered Corsa cat back, RF intake, Speed engineering headers 1 7/8", foster SC whine mod and lots of detail products! Including ceramic coating!

I will get tuned with H/I/E and then get used to that, then shoot for 850cc injectors, pulley swap, AFCO dual fan HX, RF intercoolant res, 160* thermostat, and NGK plugs! Then go for a retune closer to summer and see what she makes! Can't wait!

Before I order catch can, I'm going with Elite E2 (I don't care for the MM catch can look tbh) , do I need single exit or dual exit catch can?

Last edited by Astatenate; 02-25-2020 at 09:23 AM.
Astatenate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 02:57 PM   #30
RobZL1
fo'shizZL1

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astatenate View Post
Perfect! Someone with the exact setup! So I can do ATI harmonic balancer, lingfelter 10.0Ē crank pulley, stock SC pulley, stock idler pulley, idler relocation bracket and 70.0Ē belt? And Iím good to go? Thanks man! I just wanted confirmation before I ordered.
That's what I'm running at the moment.
2014 Red Hot #1503 | TBD SAE | RotoFab | 28% OD | GP Tuning 2.5 Cam | 2" TSP LT's | JMS BAP | ID850 | TR7IX | MSD Wires | APEX Catch Can | Metco Breather | Monster LT1-S Triple | C&R HEX | RotoFab Res | Racing Brake Rotors | Self-Tuned w/ HPT
RobZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 09:18 AM   #31
Astatenate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post
Cool. I talked to the guy at Juiced Performance as well. Thanks for all your help bro!

Last edited by Astatenate; 03-04-2020 at 01:00 PM.
Old 03-04-2020, 12:59 PM   #32
Astatenate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post
One other question for you, since you have a pretty close mod list to what I plan. Im basically wanting to do the mods you have (minus the cam)

Iím looking at BAPís .

Which one is sufficient for our mod list? I see a lot of diff options.
Old 03-04-2020, 02:02 PM   #33
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
Quote:
One other question for you, since you have a pretty close mod list to what I plan. Im basically wanting to do the mods you have (minus the cam)

Iím looking at BAPís .

Which one is sufficient for our mod list? I see a lot of diff options.
JMS is the goto bap around here.
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 07:35 PM   #34
Astatenate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB'sZL1 View Post
JMS is the goto bap around here.
I see the ď JMS POWERMAX V2 Ė PEDAL POSITION ACTIVATE Ė UNIVERSAL GM SPLICE IN FUEL PUMP VOLTAGE BOOSTER 2010-2015 CAMARO 2009-2015 CTS-V 2008-2013 C6 CORVETTEĒ for $450. That sound about right?
Old 05-13-2020, 01:37 PM   #35
Astatenate

Trying to finalize my parts list out big to small items, think I got everything, but want to make 100% sure. Would love some insight from the gurus though!

Car is already headers, corsa exhaust, RF intake, Elite catch can and tuned by GPI. I am installing an AEM gauge this weekend, to read boost, AFR WB, and ethanol % (for future mods)

So my next round of mods (I'm gonna add every little item I got on my list to see if I'm missing anything...) mod list here,

- 10.0" crank pulley (retaining stock size SC & idler pulley for 28% OD/for 14 PSI) + DSX relocation bracket for idler + 70" green gates belt

- Reinforced IC brick (order brackets and have local shop weld the brackets on and reinstall)

- NGK TR7IX plugs

- GPI SS1 full cam kit (In./Ex. Duration 220/240 - In./Ex. Valve Lift .620/.603) (I was told no converter or gearing would need to be touched) + I will be upgrading to titanium springs, the kit comes with all hardware (push rods, cam bolts, timing gear, etc) I'm gonna add ARP crank bolt. My zl1 has 40k miles, do I need to replace the gaskets/seals (timing, water pump) ? Or is it just recommended? Also not sure if it's worth it to upgrade timing chain to a C5R or not w/ low mileage, thoughts?

- AFCO dual fan / dual pass HX (appears to be a straight replacement and all plug n play)

- Fueling will be - DSX aux fuel kit, 1200cc injectors, DSX flex fuel kit w/ sensor - so I can run e85 .

Shooting for 750 ish, currently at 560 with exhaust, intake and tune.
Old 05-13-2020, 01:52 PM   #36
Astatenate

For anyone wanting an update - Instagram is @astatenate

YouTube link to video is here > https://youtu.be/iXUfBuxBKJo

Y'all know performance mods on here, I've also added Morimoto sequential (HERO) tail lights, Carbon Fiber Wicker Bill, cut out my front emblem, dremeled and smoothed out to create an OE looking flow tie, and a few more subtle mods, really enjoying this car
Old 05-13-2020, 02:41 PM   #37
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
You should consider upgrading your fuel pump somehow. You’ll run out of headroom on E85 with the stock ZL1 pump
Old 05-13-2020, 04:00 PM   #38
Astatenate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasNuf View Post
You should consider upgrading your fuel pump somehow. Youíll run out of headroom on E85 with the stock ZL1 pump
Is that not what the aux fuel pump does? I was under the assumption. The DSX aux fuel pump kit was sufficient for my supporting mods. With the stock fuel pump. I looked into the BAP. But was pointed in the aux fuel pump direction. I was told that was better. And would be all I needed. Injectors, flex fuel kit w/ sensor and DSX aux fuel kit.
Old 05-13-2020, 04:56 PM   #39
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Sorry it does, phones too small to see that!
Old 05-13-2020, 05:33 PM   #40
Smitty CC

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Trying to finalize my parts list out big to small items, think I got everything, but want to make 100% sure. Would love some insight from the gurus though!

Car is already headers, corsa exhaust, RF intake, Elite catch can and tuned by GPI. I am installing an AEM gauge this weekend, to read boost, AFR WB, and ethanol % (for future mods)

So my next round of mods (I'm gonna add every little item I got on my list to see if I'm missing anything...) mod list here,

- 10.0" crank pulley (retaining stock size SC & idler pulley for 28% OD/for 14 PSI) + DSX relocation bracket for idler + 70" green gates belt

- Reinforced IC brick (order brackets and have local shop weld the brackets on and reinstall)

- NGK TR7IX plugs

- GPI SS1 full cam kit (In./Ex. Duration 220/240 - In./Ex. Valve Lift .620/.603) (I was told no converter or gearing would need to be touched) + I will be upgrading to titanium springs, the kit comes with all hardware (push rods, cam bolts, timing gear, etc) I'm gonna add ARP crank bolt. My zl1 has 40k miles, do I need to replace the gaskets/seals (timing, water pump) ? Or is it just recommended? Also not sure if it's worth it to upgrade timing chain to a C5R or not w/ low mileage, thoughts?

- AFCO dual fan / dual pass HX (appears to be a straight replacement and all plug n play)

- Fueling will be - DSX aux fuel kit, 1200cc injectors, DSX flex fuel kit w/ sensor - so I can run e85 .

Shooting for 750 ish, currently at 560 with exhaust, intake and tune.

Hey man that list looks good for about 650hp, maybe a bit larger injectors and a large TB with ported snout would get you more. Also a stall speed converter will help with surge Ö.lol....
Old 05-13-2020, 07:37 PM   #41
Astatenate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasNuf View Post
Sorry it does, phones too small to see that!
Haha okay cool yeah I looked into dual 450lph pumps and then BAP. I saw a good happy medium would be the DSX aux pump and be less harsh on the stock fuel pump than the BAP. So seemed like a win/win. So my list looks good then?
Old 05-13-2020, 07:41 PM   #42
Astatenate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty CC View Post
Hey man that list looks good for about 650hp, maybe a bit larger injectors and a large TB with ported snout would get you more. Also a stall speed converter will help with surge Ö.lol....
I feel like with my current mods netting me at 560 wheel. On a very accurate dyno. If I add e85, a cam and pretty big OD pulley setup. Itíll get me more than 100hp over my current setup. Also after speaking with GPI about their SS1 Cam. I donít think thereís any surge on their stage 1 cam. Nothing that canít be tuned out anyways. And of course after all this itíll be retuned. Anything over 700 wheel. Iíll be happy. But Iím shootings for 730-750.