Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Old 08-04-2012, 05:36 PM   #29
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run4two View Post
A question for those who've been to all of them: Is the fest getting larger, smaller, or about the same?
Seemed like a lot more cars, but vendor row seemed quite a bit smaller. This is my second fest and although I buy parts throughout the year, I start saving my money about 6 months before the fest to buy parts there. Last year I spent around $1500 on parts and was not expecting to spend any thing. This year I came in with a budget of $1000, but was not able to find many show specials that warranted me spending the money and hauling the parts home rather than purchasing them online and getting them shipped.

I did get a few parts and they were all from vendors from my area. Funny thing was the vendors that seemed to have traveled the furthest had the best deals. I was pretty dissapointed in the vendors that are from the surrounding area and could have brought more parts. I understand not wanting to haul stuff home, but how is it justified when they don't have stuff for participants to purchase onsite and take home with them. If I have to still order the parts online I am going to find the best price before I order.

I would like to thank Roto-Fab and JDP motorsports for having specials and still traveling so far.

Was it worth my drive from New Mexico? Definately, can't wait till next year though, hopefully it's a little closer.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:49 AM   #30
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Personally, I haven't been to the fest yet.

I'm dying to go though. Not to buy parts, so much as to finally meet some of these people that I've been talking to on these forums for several years now.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:02 AM   #31
Pollock
LT4 M6

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
But even from a drivers perspective there was not a lot of action going on. Just a lot of waiting. I got there Saturday morning early and ended up leaving around noon. With the small amount of participants there should have been a lot more seat time going on.
Pollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:11 AM   #32
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSSUNAMI View Post
Personally, I haven't been to the fest yet.

I'm dying to go though. Not to buy parts, so much as to finally meet some of these people that I've been talking to on these forums for several years now.
Thats the best way to look at it, thats what fest is all about.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:25 AM   #33
DJ UNKNOWN

Drives: 2011 Red Jewel RS
I enjoyed it! Actually got to meet a few people on here and the cars were amazing! Out of all the cars there, you couldnt find two that were exactly alike....I had fun but then again i only traveled 3mins. It was literally in my backyard
DJ UNKNOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:25 AM   #34
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1SSRSS View Post
Thats the best way to look at it, thats what fest is all about.
It's hard to put people to their usernames unless you go up and ask them

We all need our cars labeled or shirts with our names

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:26 AM   #35
BSX_Camaro
Unleash the Beast!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollock View Post
But even from a drivers perspective there was not a lot of action going on. Just a lot of waiting. I got there Saturday morning early and ended up leaving around noon. With the small amount of participants there should have been a lot more seat time going on.
Auto-X was more popular than they expected so the wait times were rather long. That and you had to go through tec each day.

The drag strip was busy all the time. I know people that made 15+ runs over the two days. That's with the track getting soaked Sat afternoon.

The temps played a little havoc too but it was a blast regardless.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:27 AM   #36
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
What was involved with the tech inspection?

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:25 AM   #37
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
What many people don't understand is that us vendors go to a lot of expense to support an event like this, especially a small outfit like us. The hotel rooms, flights, freight, food, tents, supplies, fees, promo items, etc... It adds up to a ver substantial amount of money.

Not to mention time away from family.... Haven't seen my wife and kiddo since Wednesday morning, still sitting in the hotel on Sunday waiting for a flight home. Should be back home around 10pm local time - after they're asleep.

I can understand why many vendors can't make it out... Often times anything sold at the event goes to cover the expenses of being there. To complain about those that did make the trip is a little unfair. It's because of vendors/sponsors and their support events like this are able to happen.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:19 PM   #38
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
I think the vendors there were great. Nice to be able to get a bunch of questions answered all in one place.

One suggestion I might make would be for a Chevy dealer to bring a ton of Camaro accessories and do free installs at the fest. Based on the steady line at the Oracle free intalls, I'd bet a lot of GM accessories would be sold in two days with some special deals and free installs.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:30 PM   #39
Pollock
LT4 M6

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSX_Camaro View Post
Auto-X was more popular than they expected so the wait times were rather long. That and you had to go through tec each day.

The drag strip was busy all the time. I know people that made 15+ runs over the two days. That's with the track getting soaked Sat afternoon.

The temps played a little havoc too but it was a blast regardless.
Lets see. The drivers meeting was to at 9:15. I woke up early to get their and was on time. Well the meeting did not start untilled after ten. Anouying.. then after the drivers meeting the tell us to get into our cars likened were going to run. Well a good solid 30 minutes if not went but if not longer be for the first car went. Exhausting.

Edit. Sorry I suck posting on a phone.

Last edited by Pollock; 08-05-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Pollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #40
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by realsquash View Post
The fest seems to be more of a driving event and not so much of a swap meet. As a vendor here at the show its been good for me.

Andy
For me it's the entire fest experience. The caravan to the fests on the way there.
That along with the PM hotel meets on Wed, Thurs, Friday, etc.
Like Harry Chapin's song says: "It's the goin, not the gettin there that's good".
Old 08-05-2012, 03:31 PM   #41
Xedes

Drives: 2011 Black RS/SS
Question: Why not attempt to turn this into something bigger like Bloomington. It's great to see all of the cars and vendors from this site but WHAT IF it turned into a multiple forum festival? Heck, why not multi-generation camaro meeting. Can you imagine the action at the dragstrip and autocross track then? Hey, get the SPEED channel to help sponser it and film PINKS there on the final day. (stop me if I'm getting carried away).
Xedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:39 PM   #42
BSX_Camaro
Unleash the Beast!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollock View Post
Lets see. The drivers meeting was to at 9:15. I woke up early to get their and was on time. Well the meeting did not start untilled after ten. Anouying.. then after the drivers meeting the tell us to get into our cars likened were going to run. Well a good solid 30 minutes if not went but if not longer be for the first car went. Exhausting.

Edit. Sorry I suck posting on a phone.
You are correct, and I could be mistaken on what I'm about to say because I heard it second hand.

Friday morning the timer was having issues and people that were supposed to be there to work the corners, were late and the event couldn't start until it was manned properly. Quite a few of my club members worked the track non-stop on Friday, no break, no lunch, to try and get people as many passes as they could.

To make things simple going forward, I'd propose pre-registration only. The event was so popular that the "walk-ins", which were around 50 if I heard correctly, made things difficult to plan for.