Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2015, 09:52 AM   #57
cottrellj2
Blue Ray SCPO
 
cottrellj2's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 61
Okay, I think I have an idea or two. How about a recommended mods list for each possible modded Camaro variant.

For example:

Making a better Track Camaro (suspension, tires, weight reduction)

Making a better Drag Camaro (boost, nitrous, suspension mods, tires, etc.)

Making the best daily driver (longest life, fuel economy, fun factor)

Mods to consider over 500hp, over 700hp (drive train, engine internals, etc)

Mods for everyone. Easy, DIY, and warranty friendly.

Just some ideas. Might help people like myself with lower car IQs.
cottrellj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 09:24 AM   #58
Apex Motorsports
 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 25,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by cottrellj2 View Post
Okay, I think I have an idea or two. How about a recommended mods list for each possible modded Camaro variant.

For example:

Making a better Track Camaro (suspension, tires, weight reduction)

Making a better Drag Camaro (boost, nitrous, suspension mods, tires, etc.)

Making the best daily driver (longest life, fuel economy, fun factor)

Mods to consider over 500hp, over 700hp (drive train, engine internals, etc)

Mods for everyone. Easy, DIY, and warranty friendly.

Just some ideas. Might help people like myself with lower car IQs.
Good ideas. Could get pretty lengthy but I will see if I can come up with something.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 09:51 AM   #59
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,884
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Stuck, Thanks Chase...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 10:16 AM   #60
Apex Motorsports
 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 25,199
Thanks for the sticky! New post added.

Engine Break In Procedure
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 05:15 PM   #61
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!
 
PDXSSCE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 2SS/RS L99 Vert Commem Ed.
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: ORegon
Posts: 1,880
L99 Muffler Replacement

I decided that I'm replacing the stock suitcase mufflers to slightly improve sound & appearance, while keeping the same tips. I'm not installing an axleback or catback system.

I'm unable to find if the muffler needs to be 2.5", 2.25" or 3" in/out diameter & center/offset inlet/outlet.

Flowmaster Super 44 Delta Flow Muffler

I'm requesting the information in this thread, because once it's posted, it would be helpful to others on the forum as well. Thank you!
__________________

Last edited by PDXSSCE; 01-24-2016 at 11:44 PM.
PDXSSCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 09:59 AM   #62
Apex Motorsports
 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 25,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
I decided that I'm replacing the stock suitcase mufflers to slightly improve sound & appearance, while keeping the same tips. I'm not installing an axleback or catback system.

I'm unable to find if the muffler needs to be 2.5", 2.25" or 3" in/out diameter & center/offset inlet/outlet.

Flowmaster Super 44 Delta Flow Muffler

I'm requesting the information in this thread, because once it's posted, it would be helpful to others on the forum as well. Thank you!
On the 5th Gen the last several feet of the exhaust system doesn't have a nice squared up design so swapping out the mufflers only is going to require some fab work to get everything to line up. That extra labor and material cost is why axle backs tend to make more sense. However, if you were going to do it you need 2.5" in/out and O/O inlet/outlet is probably going to work best.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 10:17 AM   #63
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!
 
PDXSSCE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 2SS/RS L99 Vert Commem Ed.
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: ORegon
Posts: 1,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Motorsports View Post
On the 5th Gen the last several feet of the exhaust system doesn't have a nice squared up design so swapping out the mufflers only is going to require some fab work to get everything to line up. That extra labor and material cost is why axle backs tend to make more sense. However, if you were going to do it you need 2.5" in/out and O/O inlet/outlet is probably going to work best.
Thank you for your valuable & thorough response.
__________________
PDXSSCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 02:06 PM   #64
Apex Motorsports
 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 25,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
Thank you for your valuable & thorough response.
Any time.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 04:06 PM   #65
sunmandellv6
 
Drives: silver v6camaro
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: NY
Posts: 43
I DIDNT GET MY ORDER AND IT HAS BEEN A MONTH YOU GUYS DONT PICK UP YOUR PHONE MY ORDER IS 8378
sunmandellv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 06:52 PM   #66
Carl Walnut
 
Drives: Camaro 2010 2SS Cyber Gray Metallic
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Posts: 11
What happened to the low grade tube headers thread?
Carl Walnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 09:03 AM   #67
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder
 
christianchevell's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 4,841
old thread but a good one from our friends who were APEX speed..... bought my CAI from them .
__________________
2013 2SS/RS LS3 M6 ,CRT, NPP, Forged 428 ls3 stroker, GMPP ported heads, Katech chain, Mast windage, Cam Motion Cam, trunnion upgrade, Stainless Power headers HFC, CAI w/kit, Vmax PTD, Fluidampr25% udp, LPW diff cover, BMR strut brace,trailing arms, toes, bushings, Rocket racing wheels,Toyo Proxes 4+, elite catch can, clutch reservoir, dash/body LED, DRL rewire, Sparks billet badges, Forza 3way, tint, MRT louvers, ZL1 spoiler, MGW short throw, Monster dual LT1S clutch, bleeder, support, high vol pump, Speed hut shift light, ACC flames stripes, Driven ls30 oil, NGK TR6IX , Granatelli wires.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
cam, catch can, headers, intake, warranty

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.