Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-27-2009, 11:07 PM   #15
Stevo

Drives: Camaro 2010 SIM
Great, I hope the tune can also remove the 118 MPH limit on my LS!
Stevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:24 PM   #16
bhut

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
You live close to a track? Just curious
bhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:04 AM   #17
6BANGER
2LT RS - 70 AMX

Drives: 2LT RS Cyber Gray & 1970 AMX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
LS or LT ? The LT is way up there, I've gone over 130 & had not hit it yet. My Stang was around 118 though, before the tuner.
6BANGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:31 AM   #18
JohnZ

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT V6
The fastest ive taken my Camaro V6 was 150 on a runway
JohnZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:37 AM   #19
a6pk2go

Drives: ...
I had a guy at work send me this link.

Easttexasmusclecars.com The front page of the website has a V6 Camaro that is making 500+HP
a6pk2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 04:23 AM   #20
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by a6pk2go View Post
I had a guy at work send me this link.

Easttexasmusclecars.com The front page of the website has a V6 Camaro that is making 500+HP
read carefully... key word is "developing"... So at this point I don't think they actually have a V6 Camaro making 500+ HP... and when they do I have the feeling it will be very cost prohibitive... I mean it would still be cool... but still be very expensive...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:04 AM   #21
steddy2112

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by devildoc View Post
I talked to my uncle-in-law who is a service manager at a local chevy dealer and he said that as long as you remove the tune before you come into the shop there really isn't any way for them to track a tune....though he said if you get a tow into the shop and the tune is still there then yeah you have issues. He did say that there has to be proof that the tune was the cause of the problem. Rob even recommended that I should get a HP tune. Oh, and headers, can't really void your warranty if they look like the gmpp ones. Supposedly the SS headers are made by borla/corsa the orders were split
Hate burst your bubble there, but this is wrong.

Whenever you flash a car, the PCM comes up with a checksum of numbers.

When it gets flashed initially at GM let's say it is Tune A, flash number 1, making checksum number 001.

When you go into a dealership, and complain about a powertrain issue, one of the first things a tech is gonna do (especially on a Camaro) is do a tune check.

"OK" you say, "I flashed it back to stock, no problem"

Wrong again, as the tech is logged onto GM's server seeing if Tune A is on there(which it is) and taking computer snapshots and sending them in to the higher ups, it does a checksum check, see's that it has been flashed and GM doesn't know about it, and you get a well written letter telling you all about how your Powertrain Warranty has been revoked and that your car has a nice little asterik in the system now.

A second PCM can make 99.9% of these headaches go away, since mileage and whatnot is stored on the BCM on most cars.

Also, I wouldn't hold your breath on HPTuners. If they do unlock you PCM I just hope they don't shortchange you with like 15 tables and that's it like they did with the LNF.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:22 AM   #22
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by steddy2112 View Post
Hate burst your bubble there, but this is wrong.

Whenever you flash a car, the PCM comes up with a checksum of numbers.

When it gets flashed initially at GM let's say it is Tune A, flash number 1, making checksum number 001.

When you go into a dealership, and complain about a powertrain issue, one of the first things a tech is gonna do (especially on a Camaro) is do a tune check.

"OK" you say, "I flashed it back to stock, no problem"

Wrong again, as the tech is logged onto GM's server seeing if Tune A is on there(which it is) and taking computer snapshots and sending them in to the higher ups, it does a checksum check, see's that it has been flashed and GM doesn't know about it, and you get a well written letter telling you all about how your Powertrain Warranty has been revoked and that your car has a nice little asterik in the system now.

A second PCM can make 99.9% of these headaches go away, since mileage and whatnot is stored on the BCM on most cars.

Also, I wouldn't hold your breath on HPTuners. If they do unlock you PCM I just hope they don't shortchange you with like 15 tables and that's it like they did with the LNF.
While I don't disagree with you, i do want to point out there are some tuners that claim their tunes are "undectectable"... I make no judgment as to the validity of their claim... just saying they claim to have a way of keeping the original check sum...

I will say too... seems everyone missed my post... The OP says HPtuners is working on the E77... That's great.. BUT the Camaro DOESN'T USE THE E77... it uses the E69...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:22 AM   #23
a6pk2go

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
read carefully... key word is "developing"... So at this point I don't think they actually have a V6 Camaro making 500+ HP... and when they do I have the feeling it will be very cost prohibitive... I mean it would still be cool... but still be very expensive...

Probably true.
a6pk2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:39 AM   #24
steddy2112

Quote:
While I don't disagree with you, i do want to point out there are some tuners that claim their tunes are "undectectable"... I make no judgment as to the validity of their claim... just saying they claim to have a way of keeping the original check sum...

I will say too... seems everyone missed my post... The OP says HPtuners is working on the E77... That's great.. BUT the Camaro DOESN'T USE THE E77... it uses the E69...
You're right, I was using the instance of HPT here.

Pssst

My E69 is tuned in my cobalt lol
Old 10-28-2009, 05:42 AM   #25
steddy2112

Quote:
Probably have the same issue the DI Cobalts are having at a certain point powerwise and that is a lack of rail pressure.

The injectors in the LNF flow enough, it's that we can't get enough fuel rail pressure to get more fuel in there, we have no control over it.

Maybe one day...
Old 10-28-2009, 09:35 AM   #26
devildoc

Drives: '12 Toyota Tacoma Dbl
I'm just going to buy an extra ecm just to be tuned. Then if it has to go to the shop then I will switch it out. Scrming how long you think it would take for someone to work one out for the E69?
Old 10-28-2009, 09:44 AM   #27
BOETIE

Drives: 2010 2SS 6 Speed Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyteMamba View Post
still nothing on market...im gettin kinda impatient!
EFI LIVE has tunes......this is the catfish motor.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:04 AM   #28
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by steddy2112 View Post
You're right, I was using the instance of HPT here.

Pssst

My E69 is tuned in my cobalt lol
In your Colbat?
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote