Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-10-2010, 03:32 PM   #141
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSVX View Post
It's because of the speed rating on the tires. The V6 RS gets the same tires as the SS. The non-rs cars don't have the speed rated tires.
That does make sense, thx

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:51 PM   #142
10CamaroIOM
Loves All Muscle Cars

Drives: 1997 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
Still waitin for that 2nd word
Yup, just waitin...

Though, I'm not sure if it will ever come.
10CamaroIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:05 PM   #143
SamsinSS

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS
Send a message via MSN to SamsinSS
Start him with a good used 4th Gen. Thats what I would do. Graduation present maybe.
SamsinSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:47 PM   #144
Deebo
2SS/1LE GAZ 1 of 221

Drives: 2013 1LE
My best friend bought his 16 year old daughter a 1LT/RS for Christmas. He said the car changed his daughter's entire demeanor and had given her much new found self esteem. She treats it like it was made of glass.

A couple months back a local couple bought their 16 year old grandson a 2LT/RS. He totaled it two days later on a long, flat, wide, straight stretch of state highway trying to elude a sheriff's deputy. I later spoke with the deputy. He said he was in the fastest car the county had, a Ford with a crate engine that had stripped numerous transmissions. "The kid left me like he was in a spaceship," he said, "I just kept riding for the sake of riding and came up on him a couple of miles later, all alone, wrecked on the side of the road."
Deebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:49 PM   #145
jordan 572

Drives: none
[QUOTE=Deebo;1572440]My best friend bought his 16 year old daughter a 1LT/RS for Christmas. He said the car changed his daughter's entire demeanor and had given her much new found self esteem. She treats it like it was made of glass.

A couple months back a local couple bought their 16 year old grandson a 2LT/RS. He totaled it two days later on a long, flat, wide, straight stretch of state highway trying to elude a sheriff's deputy. I later spoke with the deputy. He said he was in the fastest car the county had, a Ford with a crate engine that had stripped numerous transmissions. "The kid left me like he was in a spaceship," he said, "I just kept riding for the sake of riding and came up on him a couple of miles later, all alone, wrecked on the side of the road."
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:51 PM   #146
sen10l

Drives: In Transit
Here's the problem: too many parents think that money/car/blah-blah is an appropriate reward for chores/good-grades. WRONG.

I buy stuff for my kids because I love them, not because I owe them anything. They should do stuff because it's the right thing to do, not so that they can earn anything or oblige me to do anything. Rich and successful parents almost always universally teach the same thing to rich and successful kids: if you want it, you have to work for it.

And by the way, chores/school is not work.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:54 PM   #147
jordan 572

Drives: none
And by the way, chores/school is not work.[/QUOTE]

so what is? its work for people that are still in school.
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:56 PM   #148
XLethal 360
2LT/RS Summit White

Drives: 2010 SW 2LT/RS
I agree with most people on here. Im 18 years old and have worked for my camaro. Yes my parents are helping me too pay it but im not gonna have to make payments on it. I by myself am putting down $25,000 that i have worked for and when my camaro arrives i am going to love and appreciate so much more because i've had to work and grind for it.

The gift my parents give me for getting good grades and doing chores is food, shelter, clothes, and my old 82' jeep they bought for me and my brother.
XLethal 360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:58 PM   #149
XLethal 360
2LT/RS Summit White

and i agree with sen10l school is not work. if your son gets good grades buy him new sports equipment or a video game, NOT a camaro.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:03 PM   #150
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketright View Post
Yea but wouldn't that be a little extreme? I mean if it was just speed, that's a little better. But a map... and exactly where their going. No privacy at all.
ummmmm if your parents bought the car with their own money, you live in their house, you eat the food bought by their money, use their water, electricity, etc....errrrrrrrrrrrrr you want privacy? move out and pay for your own stuff. Kids these days

Anyway, if parents do try to "track" their kids, it is purely because they love and care about you, period. You will know this when you have your own kids and you are awake in the middle of the night, worrying and wondering where your child is because they are not returning your phone call.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:07 PM   #151
XLethal 360
2LT/RS Summit White

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
ummmmm if your parents bought the car with their own money, you live in their house, you eat the food bought by their money, use their water, electricity, etc....errrrrrrrrrrrrr you want privacy? move out and pay for your own stuff. Kids these days

Anyway, if parents do try to "track" their kids, it is purely because they love and care about you, period. You will know this when you have your own kids and you are awake in the middle of the night, worrying and wondering where your child is because they are not returning your phone call.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:08 PM   #152
sen10l

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan 572 View Post
And by the way, chores/school is not work.

so what is? its work for people that are still in school.
Work is exchanged for money. People have to get it out of their heads that doing chores or doing well at school = money/reward. That is wrong, and is teaching kids the wrong value of doing chores or doing well at school.

You should do well at school to empower yourself

You should do your chores because as a member of a family, you have responsibility. I don't expect my kids to pay me for the meals I provide them, so why should they expect me to pay them for the chores they do? Giving payment for chores sends the wrong message, and I would speculate is the reason for the sense of entitlement and diminishing interest in higher education in young people today.

I am saying this by the way from experience. I grew up with an incredible sense of entitlement, and I only really got my act together in my 30s. Heck - that's a long time. I would hope for your children and mine that they will learn that lesson sooner.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:09 PM   #153
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by concerned mama16 View Post
hi, my 16 year old son desperately wants a 2010 Camaro LS. It has been his dream for a few years. He was worked hard, gotten good grades and has earned the privilege. But then....we went on the test drive and the power and magnitude of speed/acceleration scared the daylights out of me. I cannot put him behind the wheel of such a forceful machine. He has no idea about horsepower and I'm certain lacks a healthy respect for such. Does anyone know about speed limiters available. Do they even exist? Is that even a possible solution to this dilemma. I've been told about Superchips, Predator, or Diablo to look into to determine if we can put a cap on the speeds, or in any way limited the acceleration and speed potential of the car..... I'm really out of my element here. Any words of wisdom would be very much appreciated.
Personally, I think this type of power is way too much for most teenagers (hell even most adults), especially one with limited driving experience. We had lots of heated arguments on here back in the day about young drivers buying this (or frankly any) muscle car. That being said, if you do make the decision to go for it and buy him the car, you should consider taking him to a driving course first. It can help teach him about handling this type of power. I would really double and triple think buying him this car though. Good luck.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:12 PM   #154
sen10l

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLethal 360 View Post

The gift my parents give me for getting good grades and doing chores is food, shelter, clothes, and my old 82' jeep they bought for me and my brother.
I agree with you. Families will be better if its members learn that doing good for each other is its own "reward". Payment should never be given for doing the responsible thing.

In the other thread "should parents buy their kids their first car", I said that I would only buy them what they need - not what they want. What they want is their responsibility. My responsibility is to buy my kids what they need until they are able to support themselves.