Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 12-24-2012, 02:26 PM   #15
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
I traded my 2011 2SS/RS Vert (with a perfectly fixed top I may add) in as well after about 22,000 miles

And bought a 2013 ZL1 Vert.!

Congratulations on your new purchase! Have you tested out all the features of the new MyLink radio? What is your favorite feature so far?

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 12-25-2012, 11:59 AM   #16
Cheesehead1

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT
Lots of wind noise with top down. What did you expect?
Old 12-26-2012, 12:27 PM   #17
Brian52682

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
LOL, no my car had excessive wind noise with the top up, sounded like the back windows were rolled down. I also had 2 rub marks that were awful and starting to form holes on both sides above the windows and I was starting to have leaking issues. I went to the Better Business Bureau and ended up getting a 75,000 mile warranty for the issues I was having extending my factory warranty by like 5 years.

However, the hassle of dealing with the car just got to be too much. I owned my Camaro for a year in a half (bought in July 11) and within that span I went in for service 15 times. Granted some of those were oil changes (but had them check on something too). I got the Nissan Maxima with the full sunroof and it's very quiet, rides great, has the Bose system, basically fully loaded.

I had the following issues with my Camaro:
1) Front brake pad cracked - replaced
2) Back right Window regulator went out - replaced
3) Back left window regulator went out - replaced
4) Excessive wind noise - TSB done - didn't resolve. Still had major wind noise compared to other Camaro convertibles I've driven in
5) Rub Marks - I had BAD rub marks and had 2 or 3 TSB's done but they still popped their ugly heads up
6) Oil Leak - Had to replace a ring
7) Seal on passenger door wasn't working - leaked inside the door and they had to replace my right side door panel
8) Leak on back right - replaced water management back and replaced seals all around my windows

So after all the above I stuck with the Camaro because I loved the car and loved how it drove. It just got to be too much especially with the incentives that Nissan was offering. I was able to get out of the Camaro and make a few thousand when trading in for the Maxima without the down payment and all money invested. It was a win win for me because now I have 2 family cars as opposed to 1 family car and a vert. I would have been forced to buy a pick-up or another daily driver anyway so this was the best way in my opinion. I sold my other daily driver (Z-71) due to it not being kid safe. It was a 2004 lifted up lol.

So before you make your sarcastic comments perhaps you should know what I've been through with this car.
Brian52682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:37 PM   #18
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
Sorry you had all those issues man, dont worry about the smart ass people on this forum they are all over the internet and world. On another note Nissan Maxima is a great car, I had a 2005 Nissan Sentra with 100k miles only thing i did was regular scheduled maint. and that thing was still running like it did from day one.
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:41 PM   #19
Brian52682

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Oh and forgot also had an air conditioner problem lol. Soooo many problems with that car. And yea we had an Altima and it was a great car until a drunk driver hit us going 80 when we were stopped. We both walked away though so all was good,
Brian52682 is offline   Reply With Quote