Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 06-10-2013, 02:28 PM   #547
KYFlyboy

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT Convertible
We test drove a 2LT RS for about a week before we bought our 1LT. The exhaust sounded a little throatier. Was there a mid year change in the line ?? does the 2LT add anything different ?? why the difference ?? That's why I was looking into the exhaust in the first place. Not really looking to increase perf. any, (wife's car), just a little better sounding. I can't find any changes anywhere, but there is definitely a difference in the sound. Both factory. Why ??

Thanks
KYFlyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:36 PM   #548
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYFlyboy View Post
We test drove a 2LT RS for about a week before we bought our 1LT. The exhaust sounded a little throatier. Was there a mid year change in the line ?? does the 2LT add anything different ?? why the difference ?? That's why I was looking into the exhaust in the first place. Not really looking to increase perf. any, (wife's car), just a little better sounding. I can't find any changes anywhere, but there is definitely a difference in the sound. Both factory. Why ??

Thanks
How many miles was on the 2LT compared to the 1LT? The sound will mellow out some with miles. I know my car did, but I wanted more sound than stock.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #549
KYFlyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
How many miles was on the 2LT compared to the 1LT? The sound will mellow out some with miles. I know my car did, but I wanted more sound than stock.
Both were New. I turned the 2LT back in with 400 mi. on it, got ours with 234 on it. Both convertibles.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:53 PM   #550
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYFlyboy View Post
Both were New. I turned the 2LT back in with 400 mi. on it, got ours with 234 on it. Both convertibles.
The exhaust is the same on both.
Anyway this isn't the correct thread for exhaust questions. Maybe a mod can move it to the exhaust thread.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:03 PM   #551
KYFlyboy

Agreed ....
Old 08-02-2013, 01:44 PM   #552
Wollmank

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
The program that all of you are referring to is not a recall. It is a Customer Satisfaction Program. It is a little different from a recall in that a recall is a forced repair of the vehicles involved where as a Customer Satisfaction Program is an acknowledgement of an issue in certain vehicles and the voluntary fixing of said issue. This one being about the convertible tops is valid through April of 2014. I hope this is the final fix for this issue and none of you have problems ever again. I hope this helps to answer your questions and if you need to know if your vehicle is involved send me your VIN and I will respond as soon as I can.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Hello Sir,
Here is my vin... What can ya tell me.
2G1FT3DW1C9178035
Thanks in advance
Keith
Wollmank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:01 PM   #553
meinthe73

Drives: pontiac g8 gt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
The program that all of you are referring to is not a recall. It is a Customer Satisfaction Program. It is a little different from a recall in that a recall is a forced repair of the vehicles involved where as a Customer Satisfaction Program is an acknowledgement of an issue in certain vehicles and the voluntary fixing of said issue. This one being about the convertible tops is valid through April of 2014. I hope this is the final fix for this issue and none of you have problems ever again. I hope this helps to answer your questions and if you need to know if your vehicle is involved send me your VIN and I will respond as soon as I can.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service

Jeff,

Can you please check my vin, 2G1FK3DJ8B9169533.

Also is those only for cars within the 3 year 36K limit? My car currently has 39300 miles.

Thank you
meinthe73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:15 PM   #554
Ramblewood98

Drives: 12' 2LT RS Rally Yellow 'vert
I just happened upon this thread after buying my my 2012 'vert one week ago and now I'm scared as hell...my car was registered by the first owner in FL. In Jan. of 2012 and now I'm worried that this top is one of the bad ones.Never had a convertible before so I don't know what to look for as far as problem signs...any help would be greatly appreciated
Ramblewood98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:23 PM   #555
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblewood98 View Post
I just happened upon this thread after buying my my 2012 'vert one week ago and now I'm scared as hell...my car was registered by the first owner in FL. In Jan. of 2012 and now I'm worried that this top is one of the bad ones.Never had a convertible before so I don't know what to look for as far as problem signs...any help would be greatly appreciated
First look on the drivers door jam for a sticker with the date of manufacture on it, it will have a month and year. Then if it's after April 2012 you are probably safe. Before that it is hit and miss. Also contact one of the customer service reps on here and give them your VIN number. They should be able to tell you what services and TSB's have been performed or if any need to be performed.
Third is go around the car with the top up and look around the back at the base of the top and make sure it is tight against the body work. If you have any gaps your 5th bow is bent and needs replacing.
Next look over the fabric for any rub marks and wear marks along with any fraying. Have someone lower the top and watch to make sure it goes down evenly and one side doesn't get ahead if the other. Look after the top is down to make sure the back edge is not touching or very close to touching the bodywork.
Did it come with the Tonneau cover? If it did make sure it's the one with the elastic loops and not the hard plastic clips. The elastic loops are the latest design.
That's all I can think of right now.
Best thing is drive it and try not to stress over it. GM is doing a better job now of stepping up and fixing them. Enjoy your car as much as you can.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:11 PM   #556
Ramblewood98

Drives: 12' 2LT RS Rally Yellow 'vert
Thanks AB for all the info...sent a message to one of the csr's...hopefully it will all work out...this would not be the memory I would like to have of the first week of ownership
Ramblewood98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:41 PM   #557
metal

Drives: 2011 2SS Convertible
I had a new top installed under warranty yesterday but today when I lowered the top I see it's rubbing on the rear passenger side corner and when I put it back up on each side of the top there are two strings or cables with what look like washers attached to each end hanging down that look like they should be attached someplace. (it's dark or I'd take a picture)
I tucked them up into the top before I rolled the windows up but I'm going to guess it's not supposed to be that way and I should go back to the dealer in the morning.
Anyone ever see that before on a brand new top?
metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:59 AM   #558
caramaro1969

Drives: 69,82,84 & 10 camaros,87 GMC,07z06
well i had my "convertible top enhancement"(it's clearly stated as RECALL on service sheet) done yesterday even though i haven't had any issues. i had a bad tire sensor(lights been on since it was a month old) and i did the ac reprogram bcm recall. i swear it frustrates me to no end how Chevrolet is just throwing cars together. 2011 with 4600 miles.. never driven in rain.. garaged...
caramaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:28 PM   #559
phk36

Drives: 45 th 2ss convertible
I have a 2012 45 th and had a yellow card mailed to me last winter along with a letter. I had work done at my dealer and the top looks to be tighter and I can see the ribs more , I also have a dip in the top now at both sides around the front seat area around five inches long and three wide.
I only have 3,700 miles and never seen rain or snow going to try to add photos lint on top is from a chevy camaro car cover . My top looked better before it was touched , please can you check my vin 2g1ft3dw8c9104000 Thank you , Pete
Attached Images

phk36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:08 PM   #560
moabtdog

Drives: 2011 1LT Camaro covertible RS
Jeff,
Could you please check my car for eligibility or if work was completed. The vin is 2G1FB3DD7B9197981
Thank you in advance for your help.
Tom
moabtdog is offline   Reply With Quote