Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-07-2015, 10:13 AM   #1
tanur420

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
radio and antenna interference

As far as I know this just started this week. Was driving and the windows started to fog a little so I turned on my rear window defroster and bam all my radio stations turned to super static. Tested several times since then. It starts soon as defroster is turned on and soon as I turn it off it instantly clears. Could it possibly battery?
Old 02-07-2015, 01:55 PM   #2
Dimitrim
Dimitri

Drives: 68 GTO 455 Ram Air; 2014 Camaro ZL1
Check for a grounding issues, loose grounds. Check battery terminals for tightness, cleanliness. Your battery state is not the cause of this radio interference.

Good luck
Dimitri
Dimitrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 02:07 AM   #3
Aldo68

Drives: 11 Camaro 2SS/RS, 87 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanur420 View Post
As far as I know this just started this week. Was driving and the windows started to fog a little so I turned on my rear window defroster and bam all my radio stations turned to super static. Tested several times since then. It starts soon as defroster is turned on and soon as I turn it off it instantly clears. Could it possibly battery?
I had this issue on my car. You will need to replace the back window. Mines was replace under warranty. The defrost lines become exposed and allow the electricity to escape which affects the radios antenna.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:09 AM   #4
Dimitrim
Dimitri

Drives: 68 GTO 455 Ram Air; 2014 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldo68 View Post
I had this issue on my car. You will need to replace the back window. Mines was replace under warranty. The defrost lines become exposed and allow the electricity to escape which affects the radios antenna.
Is there a TSB on this?
Dimitrim is offline   Reply With Quote