Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 3rd Generation Camaros

Old 05-05-2013, 11:53 AM   #1
pwrcat4000

Drives: firebird
Angry HELP STOLEN IROC ALERT!!

Vin : 1G1FP21F7HN184588 '87 Camaro IROC Z28Cherry Red Metallic

Car was stolen in Kansas by passing a fake bank check.

Contact Bill StolenZ@mrbills.net
pwrcat4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:24 PM   #2
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '19 F150 2.7TT
Geez. Sorry to hear. Will be own the lookout for it in SC.
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #3
pwrcat4000

More info http://www.saltcitycruisers.com/IROC/
Old 05-05-2013, 06:22 PM   #4
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
That's a nice IROC. Sorry about what happened. I have family in Hutchinson, my dad's from there.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:38 AM   #5
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
Any more info on how it went down? Drive in from out of town? If so, there had to be at least one other person & a car (unless it was towed). Did you see those tags (what state?) or the other person?

Hope you catch them.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:03 PM   #6
_Nick_

Drives: '87 T/A, '87 IROC, '70 Grand Prix
The worst part about it is that that car will probably stripped and then crushed. Breaks my heart.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:11 PM   #7
kevin1106

Drives: 2015 ZO6 3LZ Stage 2 A8
Did the check have an address? I'd start there.... If so, go there, call... Etc.... Someone there might be able to help you better.... Did you get a copy of her ID???

Sorry man... But good luck.... I'm in the check cashing business... So if it was a counterfeit cashier check.... Then, I hate to say this.... But your gonna be SOL....they can easily change the vin to make it their own...
kevin1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:21 AM   #8
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin1106 View Post
Did the check have an address? I'd start there.... If so, go there, call... Etc.... Someone there might be able to help you better.... Did you get a copy of her ID???

Sorry man... But good luck.... I'm in the check cashing business... So if it was a counterfeit cashier check.... Then, I hate to say this.... But your gonna be SOL....they can easily change the vin to make it their own...
Since you're in the check cashing business... What advice would you give to ensure that a check is real? I've heard of going to the bank, bank saying everything is good, then a while later finding out it was bad - so you can't even trust the bank to save you all the time. The only way I know is cash or wire transfer.

When I bought a cheaper Miata a few years back the seller went to my bank with me, I got a certified check with him watching, then we went to his bank to cash it & then he signed over the title there.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:02 PM   #9
kevin1106

Drives: 2015 ZO6 3LZ Stage 2 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp2LT View Post
Since you're in the check cashing business... What advice would you give to ensure that a check is real? I've heard of going to the bank, bank saying everything is good, then a while later finding out it was bad - so you can't even trust the bank to save you all the time. The only way I know is cash or wire transfer.

When I bought a cheaper Miata a few years back the seller went to my bank with me, I got a certified check with him watching, then we went to his bank to cash it & then he signed over the title there.
A phone call to the bank is really all that's needed. ( most of the time ) Always make sure you get all the persons information.. A copy of their ID, proof of address ( utility bill is great to have ). Have a bill of sale made up and signed...

If you get all this info, chances are you'll be ok.... If not, you have a lot of info to go on...

If it bounces, here is what normally takes place...

You file a claim with the courts, get court date, it's up to you to serve the person, chances are they won't show... A judgement in you favor is granted... Then this person will never be able to borrow any money till it's paid ( takes years sometimes)

I have found that the police are no help with bad checks.... And the division of check and fraud is a joke....

Other option.... Tell the person buying the car, you'll sign the title when check clears..

Another option.... Since they present themselves to have the money, a bank transfer works great.

Most of the time, if you get burned, your F*^#ed...
kevin1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:07 PM   #10
caramaro1969

Drives: 69,82,84 & 10 camaros,87 GMC,07z06
i've learned to never ever take a check not even a bank issued cashiers check. there's too many ways to fake them. sorry about the loss i'll keep an eye out. i've owned several of these cars and they are sentimental to me... and i also have had a car stolen and never recovered.
caramaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:34 AM   #11
pwrcat4000

The car was one of our car club members cars. I just run the website and am a F-body owner so I am trying to help her. She is a retired lady she feels really stupid, in her defense she said the check looked legit. She did sign the title over it is flagged. I assume it will be salvaged or they will find it stripped somewhere. That is why I am appealing to the C5 community for any help.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:41 PM   #12
1fas92

Drives: 1992 Z28 Camaro
Stolen Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrcat4000 View Post
The car was one of our car club members cars. I just run the website and am a F-body owner so I am trying to help her. She is a retired lady she feels really stupid, in her defense she said the check looked legit. She did sign the title over it is flagged. I assume it will be salvaged or they will find it stripped somewhere. That is why I am appealing to the C5 community for any help.
\

Any update on this stolen camaro ?

Visit my Garage: CLICK HERE
My LSX swap is here: CLICK HERE
If you live in Texas: Click Here
1fas92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:53 PM   #13
facelykemurderrr

Drives: 1991 Camaro RS
good luck, hope it's found some how. that reaaally sucks, my sisters mustang 5.0 was stolen a day or so before Christmas and never found. she put so much money into the car so it's just horrible when things like this happen..that IROC looks really beautiful. :(
facelykemurderrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:27 PM   #14
pwrcat4000

Well they found our car clubs members IROC in Oklahoma some one had modified the suspention destroyed the rear end and had it rolling on 24" rims so they also cut the fenderwells all to hell Don't know what she plans to do with it Body man says it may be very expensive to get it back in car show form she talked about parting it out shame to see such a nice car ruined
I don't have pictures sorry
They did not catch the people who stole it. So some poor schmoe in oklahoma is out 6G's for buying a stolen car.
Thank you all for keeping your eyes out for the car.
That is just the kind of people you expect on car forums, we all look out for each other when we can.
Still havent got pics from the rightful owner I will try to get some if she is willing she says it makes her cry when she looks at the car, I am sure you all understand.