Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England

Old 08-07-2014, 06:58 PM   #1
One-Bad-ZL1
So easy to love Camaros

Drives: 2013 ZL1 VR #3457
Send a message via Yahoo to One-Bad-ZL1
2014-15 FALL MODS

Well, didn't see a thread so here goes....

Finally got to the clutch reservoir separation modification. I managed to make a custom bracket that allowed me to reuse stock unused holes in the drivers side fender wall. Once I had that geometry all figured out, the actual switch over was easy...
Attached Images

Old 08-07-2014, 07:37 PM   #2
chetkan
Haters gonna hate!!!

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Synergy Green
Looks great Jay!
chetkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:48 PM   #3
HP Turbine
Boosted

Drives: 2012 1LT RS... with snails
You be quiet Jay! Summer is still alive! But good job

IPS Twin Turbos, Corsa Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body. 461 rwhp 443 rwtq!! *Cameron Hass.ani*
HP Turbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:20 PM   #4
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Nice job on the bracket. Is that two pieces of aluminum with a polished finish? Mind sharing your blueprint?

Thanks,

Patrick

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 02:59 PM   #5
NH 2012 SS/RS

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS L99 IBM
Looks good jay
2SS/RS IBM * American Racing BLVD Wheels * 275/40 * 295/40 Toyo Proxes * Eibach 1" drop Springs * Elite Catch Can * CAI w/ scoop * CFD Carbon Fiber Pistol Grip Shifter w/ Tap Shift * APR Carbon Fiber Splitter * Sequential Tail Lights * MPD1 Spoiler * Hex Vents (CF dipped) * GFX Skirts * BBK SS Shorties * MBRP 3"Exhaust w/ X pipe * Solo Hi-Flow Cats *
NH 2012 SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 03:20 PM   #6
One-Bad-ZL1
So easy to love Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
Nice job on the bracket. Is that two pieces of aluminum with a polished finish? Mind sharing your blueprint?

Thanks,

Patrick
It is two pieces of angle stock aluminum I had in my metal bin. I started with a template using rectangular stickies, easy to locate and punch the existing holes in the paper, I traced around the stock tower and transfered that template to the vertical leg. Once I had that in place, I just kept that theme going, stickie template for the horizontal leg of the first piece and used another to work out the angle of the second. The GTO reservoir mounting holes set the length and it was just trial and trial until I cleared the battery and hood release cables. I threaded the receiving holes for holding the two angled plates together and also for the reservoir bolts, took everything for a pass by my polishing wheels and then started the final install. I had to remove the drivers side wheel and wheel well liner to access the back of the hole. I thought I could do something like a Sheetrock blind bolt but they don't make them for thin walls like our sheet metal, so I had no choice. So once the wall bracket was mounted, then came the angled bracket with the reservoir already mounted and the hose already installed at the firewall, making the last hose connection easy. The fill it up, pump the air out and your done. I should have taken picks of the bracket pieces. At some point I'll separate the brackets and take pics. Not taking the wheel wall bracket off thou, that was a PITA getting on the first time.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:02 PM   #7
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
I like it, looks great!
Old 08-11-2014, 02:58 AM   #8
One-Bad-ZL1
So easy to love Camaros

Thanks guys. Let's see what the rest of you have been up too!
Old 08-11-2014, 06:45 AM   #9
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
Sorry, nothing on the fifth gen. That takes a back seat for now (except when I need to drive something LOL).

Sandblasted more of the subframe to the 73 and cut off most of the right side quarter panel.

Old 08-11-2014, 04:23 PM   #10
NH 2012 SS/RS

I was bored on Sunday….
So I looked at the headers sitting in the box on the garage shelf…took them out and started to play a bit…
Then for some reason or another I decided to painted the Calipers and the area of rotor that shows instead…

Name:  IMG_6044.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  153.7 KB

Name:  IMG_6045.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  98.3 KB

Name:  IMG_6046.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  135.7 KB

Name:  IMG_6047.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  99.4 KB

Name:  IMG_6048.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  128.9 KB

Name:  IMG_6049.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  176.0 KB

Name:  IMG_6050.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  163.8 KB
2SS/RS IBM * American Racing BLVD Wheels * 275/40 * 295/40 Toyo Proxes * Eibach 1" drop Springs * Elite Catch Can * CAI w/ scoop * CFD Carbon Fiber Pistol Grip Shifter w/ Tap Shift * APR Carbon Fiber Splitter * Sequential Tail Lights * MPD1 Spoiler * Hex Vents (CF dipped) * GFX Skirts * BBK SS Shorties * MBRP 3"Exhaust w/ X pipe * Solo Hi-Flow Cats *
Old 08-11-2014, 04:59 PM   #11
One-Bad-ZL1
So easy to love Camaros

Nice job Dave! Did u mask the letters off or paint them back on cuz they came out great. But did you install the headers?
Old 08-11-2014, 05:05 PM   #12
NH 2012 SS/RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by One-Bad-ZL1 View Post
Nice job Dave! Did u mask the letters off or paint them back on cuz they came out great. But did you install the headers?
New letters from Ebay. I have "Brembo" ones too but they sent me Red lettering I asked for Black. I need to reorder.

I have not done the headers yet, I'm really thinking of cutouts instead….
Old 08-11-2014, 05:24 PM   #13
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by One-Bad-ZL1 View Post
It is two pieces of angle stock aluminum I had in my metal bin. I started with a template using rectangular stickies, easy to locate and punch the existing holes in the paper, I traced around the stock tower and transfered that template to the vertical leg. Once I had that in place, I just kept that theme going, stickie template for the horizontal leg of the first piece and used another to work out the angle of the second. The GTO reservoir mounting holes set the length and it was just trial and trial until I cleared the battery and hood release cables. I threaded the receiving holes for holding the two angled plates together and also for the reservoir bolts, took everything for a pass by my polishing wheels and then started the final install. I had to remove the drivers side wheel and wheel well liner to access the back of the hole. I thought I could do something like a Sheetrock blind bolt but they don't make them for thin walls like our sheet metal, so I had no choice. So once the wall bracket was mounted, then came the angled bracket with the reservoir already mounted and the hose already installed at the firewall, making the last hose connection easy. The fill it up, pump the air out and your done. I should have taken picks of the bracket pieces. At some point I'll separate the brackets and take pics. Not taking the wheel wall bracket off thou, that was a PITA getting on the first time.
Thanks for the info, might be a couple weeks before I attempt this though.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 06:27 PM   #14
One-Bad-ZL1
So easy to love Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH 2012 SS/RS View Post
New letters from Ebay. I have "Brembo" ones too but they sent me Red lettering I asked for Black. I need to reorder.

I have not done the headers yet, I'm really thinking of cutouts instead….
Headers with the "No Weeds" cut outs. Best of both worlds. I think it's Cory_ a member down here that has them and their ridiculously loud but what an awesome sound. I'm sure his teeth chatter when their open.