Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-05-2018, 08:53 AM   #351
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
The high and low flow tables should be updated to ZL-1 specs in the tune.

Your fuel pressure should stay at 59-61 psi all the time except ofcoarse when the NOS kicks in.

Ted.
Is this pressure good at idle 59-61 psi?
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 08:54 AM   #352
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBoss View Post
Is this pressure good at idle 59-61 psi?
Yes.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 10:48 AM   #353
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
Ted, I just emailed you.
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 05:56 PM   #354
green99

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
time to upgrade my clutch

Ted,
you have tuned my car for me a couple of years ago. I have a magna SC long tube headers, high flow cats, CAI. My car is a 1LE so already had the ZL1 fuel pump. Car has been running great for 3.5 years and over 50k miles on this setup. But my stock clutch is starting to slip. I didn't think I would make it this long on the stocker. I eventually planning on doing a cam and injector upgrade to get 650+ wheel HP so I want a clutch that will hold without sacrificing drivability. This is my daily driver after all. what would you recommend? I have been looking at the centerforce DYAD but I am open to all recommendations. I even thought about going the OEM route.
green99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 07:45 AM   #355
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by green99 View Post
Ted,
you have tuned my car for me a couple of years ago. I have a magna SC long tube headers, high flow cats, CAI. My car is a 1LE so already had the ZL1 fuel pump. Car has been running great for 3.5 years and over 50k miles on this setup. But my stock clutch is starting to slip. I didn't think I would make it this long on the stocker. I eventually planning on doing a cam and injector upgrade to get 650+ wheel HP so I want a clutch that will hold without sacrificing drivability. This is my daily driver after all. what would you recommend? I have been looking at the centerforce DYAD but I am open to all recommendations. I even thought about going the OEM route.
Please allow us to set you up with a monster twin disc clutch kit, they are the best we have seen for a daily driver that can hold 800 hp.
Old 07-18-2018, 12:52 PM   #356
green99

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Please allow us to set you up with a monster twin disc clutch kit, they are the best we have seen for a daily driver that can hold 800 hp.
Can you send me quote for the clutch. Also I thought I heard something before about these hydro throw out bearings not being any good? Do you find this to be accurate and what would you recommend I replace with. I dont want to have to drop the trans again.
green99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 01:06 PM   #357
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by green99 View Post
Can you send me quote for the clutch. Also I thought I heard something before about these hydro throw out bearings not being any good? Do you find this to be accurate and what would you recommend I replace with. I dont want to have to drop the trans again.
The clutch kits come with new Slave cylinder please call 203-753-7223 speak with Kris for a quote on a clutch.

Ted.
Old 07-18-2018, 09:30 PM   #358
lionssfan

Drives: 2010 2ss camaro
what upgrades needed Ted

Hey Ted, great thread, I have a 2010 ss, manual trans, stock drivetrain, trans and clutch., tvs2300 magnusion (first version that came out) with 3.6 pulley, BTR blower cam stage three. ZL1 fuel pump, 93 octane, ID1050 injectors, streetcar driven, long tube headers, corsa exhaust, cold air scoop, Roto fabe cai, dyno at 6lbs of boost. I want to go as far as I can with the zl1 pump for now. How far can I pulley down for more boost? I would assume I need a boost a pump and fpcm too? As far as belt slippage I would use your JRE tensioner. Any thing else I need to help with belt slippage? Ati crank pulley etc? What kind of HP at the wheels can I expect? Thanks
TVS2300, BTR cam PD stage 3, ID1050 injectors, CHE bronze trunnions, 7.400" pushrods,.660" lift platinum springs, Titanium ret, Zl1 fuel pump, Kooks LT headers, High flow cats, Roto Fab CAI, Corsa exh., Mellings oil pump, HD chain, ls2 damper, all synthetic, BMR control arms, zl1 toe link, BMR cradle mounts, W/bottle relocation, air scoop deflector, Hennessy wheels, two piece rotor, morimoto fogs, DRL harness, coilovers, Heads up install, mgw shifter, slps splitter, slp spoiler, zl1 side skirts, painted strips, debadged, tinted, 2018 emblems.

Edit Signature
lionssfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 08:56 AM   #359
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionssfan View Post
Hey Ted, great thread, I have a 2010 ss, manual trans, stock drivetrain, trans and clutch., tvs2300 magnusion (first version that came out) with 3.6 pulley, BTR blower cam stage three. ZL1 fuel pump, 93 octane, ID1050 injectors, streetcar driven, long tube headers, corsa exhaust, cold air scoop, Roto fabe cai, dyno at 6lbs of boost. I want to go as far as I can with the zl1 pump for now. How far can I pulley down for more boost? I would assume I need a boost a pump and fpcm too? As far as belt slippage I would use your JRE tensioner. Any thing else I need to help with belt slippage? Ati crank pulley etc? What kind of HP at the wheels can I expect? Thanks
If you add our
Supertensioner and belt
Overdrive cog kit
JRE FPCM
JMS fuel pump voltage booster.

You will gain fuel supply that will support 700 RWHP. and 3-4 more PSI boost.

Each LB of boost can be 25 RWHP gain.

Feel free to give me a call. 203-753-7223

Ted.
Old 07-20-2018, 05:01 PM   #360
lionssfan

Quote:
If you add our
Supertensioner and belt
Overdrive cog kit
JRE FPCM

Ted.

Thanks Ted, I'm glad to here I can get that much HP out of the zl1 pump with add ons. I'm not sure I can live with the belt whine of the cog drive actually more her then me. Maybe sitting in the car its not as bad. any other alternatives for more boost no belt slippage that you have? Such as front pulley setup? Also can this cog drive setup be installed with out the supercharger being removed? and I read on your site there is fuel rail interference that needs to be addressed also with the cog drive? I'll be doing the work myself. thanks Ted
TVS2300, BTR cam PD stage 3, ID1050 injectors, CHE bronze trunnions, 7.400" pushrods,.660" lift platinum springs, Titanium ret, Zl1 fuel pump, Kooks LT headers, High flow cats, Roto Fab CAI, Corsa exh., Mellings oil pump, HD chain, ls2 damper, all synthetic, BMR control arms, zl1 toe link, BMR cradle mounts, W/bottle relocation, air scoop deflector, Hennessy wheels, two piece rotor, morimoto fogs, DRL harness, coilovers, Heads up install, mgw shifter, slps splitter, slp spoiler, zl1 side skirts, painted strips, debadged, tinted, 2018 emblems.

Edit Signature
Old 07-21-2018, 08:25 AM   #361
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionssfan View Post
Thanks Ted, I'm glad to here I can get that much HP out of the zl1 pump with add ons. I'm not sure I can live with the belt whine of the cog drive actually more her then me. Maybe sitting in the car its not as bad. any other alternatives for more boost no belt slippage that you have? Such as front pulley setup? Also can this cog drive setup be installed with out the supercharger being removed? and I read on your site there is fuel rail interference that needs to be addressed also with the cog drive? I'll be doing the work myself. thanks Ted
The whine actually sounds kind of cool and most everyone we sold one to loves it.

If it is too loud it is too tight you can tune the noise with tension.

Yes we have a machined fuel rail available with the overdrive cog kit that addresses the clearance issue.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:51 PM   #362
6low

Drives: 2015 2SS/1LE
Hey, what would be the safest FI setup? My goal is just 600 to the crank in a 2015 1LE, nothing crazy (510 to the wheels with a 15% loss). I don't believe I would have to upgrade much if anything at all with those numbers? Supercharger or turbo, doesn't bother me either way. Whatever setup would be safest, reliable, and hold decent longevity with proper care. Would I need upgraded injectors? I know the 1LE has the ZL1 pump already. I wouldn't want to run e85. I have 93 nearby, if that's important at all.

Thanks so much!
6low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 07:10 AM   #363
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6low View Post
Hey, what would be the safest FI setup? My goal is just 600 to the crank in a 2015 1LE, nothing crazy (510 to the wheels with a 15% loss). I don't believe I would have to upgrade much if anything at all with those numbers? Supercharger or turbo, doesn't bother me either way. Whatever setup would be safest, reliable, and hold decent longevity with proper care. Would I need upgraded injectors? I know the 1LE has the ZL1 pump already. I wouldn't want to run e85. I have 93 nearby, if that's important at all.

Thanks so much!
The most OE type superchargers are from Magnuson and Whipple, for your goals I would suggest the Magnuson TVS 2300 it come with the correct injectors and pulley for your goal, Give us a call we will set you up with everything you need for a totally reliable 600 crank HP package. 203-753-7223
Old 07-28-2018, 06:43 PM   #364
lionssfan

Quote:
If you add our
Supertensioner and belt
Overdrive cog kit
JRE FPCM

Ted.
Ok decided to go with your OD cog kit and your tensioner. Will it be safe with the 3.6 pulley bringing maximum boost at 10psi on a stock lower bottom? Or should I go with a 3.8 pulley and OD cog kit. thanks Ted

Edit Signature