Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-27-2017, 09:21 AM   #1
ramil13

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS
Performance Camshaft & Other Possible mods

Hi,

So I got a bunch of bolt-ons and now am running out of mods until I get the SC. Anybody know where I can get a performance camshaft? Please don't say Mace Engineering they are out of stock and I don't think they will be making them anytime soon. It's unfortunate because I get some good gains from it

Current mods I have or will be installed soon:

K&N cold air intake
Trifecta Performance Tune
Billet Catch Can
K.C's Ported 72mm TB
K.C's Ported intake manifold
Jacfab Intake Manifold Spacer
Secondary Cat Delete... Catless
Muffler delete 2.5" stainless steel straightpipe everywhere
Magnaflow Xpipe

E85 is an option but I don't think I will be able to get it in Toronto Canada
K&N intake, Custom Tune, Billet Catch Can, K.C's Ported 72mm TB & IM, Jacfab IM Spacer, Primary/Secondary Cat & Muffler Delete, Magnaflow Xpipe, 2.5" Straightpiped, GM Strut Tower Brace, Mace Engineering Cams, Solo Performance J pipes, Magnaflow Resonators x 2

340rwhp Dyno

Last edited by ramil13; 12-27-2017 at 09:37 AM.
ramil13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 08:00 PM   #2
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
As far as I now Mace was the only company making camshafts at this time.
Old 12-27-2017, 11:22 PM   #3
rozarioorlan

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LS
The only other company making camshafts is BCS Auto, but they’re in designing and working on it. I believe Overkill makes some forged pieces too. You can look at gears, high stall converter, and suspension for the time being
2013 2LS - K&N CAI, Overkill Ported 80mm Throttle Body, Overkill E85 Kit and Overkill Tune, Jacfab Ported Intake Manifold and Spacer, Stealth 3.0 TC, ARH Catted Downpipes, Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe, Resonator Delete, Jones Full Boar Racing Mufflers, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Seperator
rozarioorlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 09:31 AM   #4
ramil13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rozarioorlan View Post
The only other company making camshafts is BCS Auto, but they’re in designing and working on it. I believe Overkill makes some forged pieces too. You can look at gears, high stall converter, and suspension for the time being

Yeah by the time they come out with that I'll be somewhere in Antarctica. I'll just talk to my good friend and get one specifically made for my case. Thanks for mentioning though.

Theres better gears I can get than mine right now? I know the 2LT comes with better ones than the 1LS
K&N intake, Custom Tune, Billet Catch Can, K.C's Ported 72mm TB & IM, Jacfab IM Spacer, Primary/Secondary Cat & Muffler Delete, Magnaflow Xpipe, 2.5" Straightpiped, GM Strut Tower Brace, Mace Engineering Cams, Solo Performance J pipes, Magnaflow Resonators x 2

340rwhp Dyno

Old 12-28-2017, 09:34 AM   #5
ramil13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
As far as I now Mace was the only company making camshafts at this time.
That's unfortunate, I guess that's the disadvantages of a v6 not as many products compared to the SS and up

340rwhp Dyno

Old 12-28-2017, 03:18 PM   #6
rozarioorlan

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramil13 View Post
Yeah by the time they come out with that I'll be somewhere in Antarctica. I'll just talk to my good friend and get one specifically made for my case. Thanks for mentioning though.

Theres better gears I can get than mine right now? I know the 2LT comes with better ones than the 1LS
I can’t remeber which gears come with what models off the top of my head. I want to say there are 2.92, 3.27, 3.55, 3.73, 3.91 and 4.11. Again can’t remember which come with your model, but depending on which gears you go with you might have to swap to the SS rear end as most aren’t a direct fit. For example since I have the 2LS I have the 2.92 gears in it and the only direct fit would be 3.55, if I were to swap to an SS rear end I can throw any in I believe.
2013 2LS - K&N CAI, Overkill Ported 80mm Throttle Body, Overkill E85 Kit and Overkill Tune, Jacfab Ported Intake Manifold and Spacer, Stealth 3.0 TC, ARH Catted Downpipes, Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe, Resonator Delete, Jones Full Boar Racing Mufflers, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Seperator
rozarioorlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 06:32 PM   #7
djcolopi

Drives: @orange_maro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rozarioorlan View Post
I can’t remeber which gears come with what models off the top of my head. I want to say there are 2.92, 3.27, 3.55, 3.73, 3.91 and 4.11. Again can’t remember which come with your model, but depending on which gears you go with you might have to swap to the SS rear end as most aren’t a direct fit. For example since I have the 2LS I have the 2.92 gears in it and the only direct fit would be 3.55, if I were to swap to an SS rear end I can throw any in I believe.
He is a 2LT so 3.27 LSD, only the 2LS has the 2.92 open diff
Old 12-28-2017, 06:33 PM   #8
djcolopi

Drives: @orange_maro
Quote:

Either wait for BCS Auto or get them custom grinded, make sure you grind the fuel lobe to increase the flow capacity of the HPFP.
Old 12-28-2017, 08:55 PM   #9
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Ramil, are you a manual or automatic transmission?
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 09:03 AM   #10
ramil13

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcolopi View Post
Either wait for BCS Auto or get them custom grinded, make sure you grind the fuel lobe to increase the flow capacity of the HPFP.
Ya will get it custom. I have ants in my pants I can't wait

340rwhp Dyno

Old 12-29-2017, 09:05 AM   #11
ramil13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
Ramil, are you a manual or automatic transmission?
Automatic but once I get some sort of SC or TT kit I'm going to get a manual tranny that can withstand the HP

340rwhp Dyno

Old 12-29-2017, 11:19 AM   #12
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Automatic but once I get some sort of SC or TT kit I'm going to get a manual tranny that can withstand the HP
You realize that the 6L50 can handle over 800 HP with the right tune? The AY6 can't get anywhere near that.
Old 12-29-2017, 11:22 AM   #13
ramil13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
You realize that the 6L50 can handle over 800 HP with the right tune? The AY6 can't get anywhere near that.
No I didn't realize that but thanks to you now I know! The AY6 is from the SS?

I was thinking of going manual for more power and control aswell but I know automatic is better for straight lines... And this is an American muscle car afterall

340rwhp Dyno

Old 12-29-2017, 11:32 AM   #14
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
No I didn't realize that but thanks to you now I know! The AY6 is from the SS?

I was thinking of going manual for more power and control aswell but I know automatic is better for straight lines... And this is an American muscle car afterall
AY6 is the V6 manual, the V8 is a TR6060. The AY6 is extremely weak. The auto with a triple disk converter can lock it up at WOT and have the same 1:1 ratio like the manual. When the converter is unlocked you lose HP based on the slip ratio, so a 10% slip would cost you 10% HP (I'm generalizing in this). I have my auto shifting in 30 milliseconds too, a manual driver even on meth can't do that.