Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

View Poll Results: Do you want a more powerful version of the Camaro(Z28)?
Yes 836 76.07%
No 263 23.93%
Voters: 1099. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-21-2008, 11:06 PM   #141
Huggerorange73
Banned

Drives: The REAL C5
Send a message via AIM to Huggerorange73
Z29 or SS makes no difference to me.

Hell for a few years all we had were IROCS.

The only thing I don't get is why no classic chevy colors to go with the retro theme?
Huggerorange73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:07 PM   #142
Mythic

Drives: '03 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
OK -- everybody --

CALM DOWN!!!!!

Has ANYONE noted the articles about GM and Ford and Chrysler in the past couple of weeks? Has anyone noticed what's happened to the retail automobile business?

The bottom line is that the auto world is changing -- in fact, you COULD say we just had an earthquake.

NOw -- I've said this several times -- on several forums -- so please -- pay attention..........

Every product program is being looked at. We (the big three) MUST look at every program - because if we don't - (well.......I don't even want to think of what the future might be if we didn't ........)

The Z28 is not dead. We have not announced when this nameplate may be back. I'll say -- as I have continued to say -- HAVE FAITH.

On an interesting sidenote: you'd be surprised as to the number of people who have called me wanting to do some 'high performance' Camaros. (go look at some of the stuff that was created in 2000 to 2002.......)

Now -- some of you say "well.......I don't want to buy an SS and then have the Z28 come out....." -- and to you I say "do you REALLY believe that we'll suddenly 'plateau' -- and that what you buy will be the 'end all?'......

Keep the faith, my friends - keep the faith.

COPO? /beg /crawl broken glass
Mythic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:13 PM   #143
rmyers

Drives: Both American Made
On a more positive note, maybe GM is taking the time to develop something a bit less traditional but nonetheless representative of the performance car that was the Z-28. What if GM did something for the Camaro similar to changes found in the Corvette Z06. Make the car lighter, improve handling, braking, and perhaps even give us an unexpected powerplant. Think about what the original Z-28 consisted of? Furthermore, I believe it goes agains all basic rules of marketing to come out with the most advanced, and powerful version of your car right way. Maybe her comment "There will be no Z28" is for the 2010 model year only.

Ron
rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:15 PM   #144
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Fbodfather is making a good point. Someone in Lawrence, KS, has a red first generation SS rolling around. I'll be able to outrun it with a more fuel efficient V6. I could get a faster V8, too. 40 years from now, some kid might look at my Camaro SS, if I go that route, and realize that their future Camaro RS would punish me on the track. This Camaro is great now. Apparently, the Z28 will not be around in the near future. Don't hold out for the next generation. There's plenty of greatness in this one.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:19 PM   #145
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
OK -- everybody --

CALM DOWN!!!!!

Has ANYONE noted the articles about GM and Ford and Chrysler in the past couple of weeks? Has anyone noticed what's happened to the retail automobile business?

The bottom line is that the auto world is changing -- in fact, you COULD say we just had an earthquake.

NOw -- I've said this several times -- on several forums -- so please -- pay attention..........

Every product program is being looked at. We (the big three) MUST look at every program - because if we don't - (well.......I don't even want to think of what the future might be if we didn't ........)

The Z28 is not dead. We have not announced when this nameplate may be back. I'll say -- as I have continued to say -- HAVE FAITH.

On an interesting sidenote: you'd be surprised as to the number of people who have called me wanting to do some 'high performance' Camaros. (go look at some of the stuff that was created in 2000 to 2002.......)

Now -- some of you say "well.......I don't want to buy an SS and then have the Z28 come out....." -- and to you I say "do you REALLY believe that we'll suddenly 'plateau' -- and that what you buy will be the 'end all?'......

Keep the faith, my friends - keep the faith.
Enough said.

and thank you!!!
Ugh.,....
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:21 PM   #146
COPO_Chevy

Drives: 2015 Malibu 1LT; '87 Grand Prix LE
Send a message via MSN to COPO_Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythic View Post
COPO? /beg /crawl broken glass
Oooh please oh please ...maybe...ZL-1

But i do agree..calm down people..i think fbodfather explained it perfectly..dont get your undies in a bunch..
COPO_Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:23 PM   #147
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
she did NOT say there would be no Z28..........once again, one of us has been misquoted.
Scott, ya'll give the new car any badge you want, I'm just happy it's a CAMARO!!! Thanks.
<edit> This will be my 6th Camaro, some better than others, but it looks like you guys outdid yourselves this time. Heck, stick a turbo 4 in it, I'll still drive it.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:23 PM   #148
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010
Z28 Hold Out!

Drives: 2000 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggerorange73 View Post
Z29 or SS makes no difference to me.

Hell for a few years all we had were IROCS.

The only thing I don't get is why no classic chevy colors to go with the retro theme?
yes they were IROCS, but eventually they went back to.... you guessed it Z28.
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:26 PM   #149
Nickdago

Drives: 01 Z06 08 CTS 07 Avy LTZ
Quote fbodfather "Now -- some of you say "well.......I don't want to buy an SS and then have the Z28 come out....." -- and to you I say "do you REALLY believe that we'll suddenly 'plateau' -- and that what you buy will be the 'end all?'......"

All I want to know is will there be a version out that is similar to the concept as far as the width on the backend or is this slimmed down version what it is across all the versions.
Nickdago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:37 PM   #150
80Zedder
Cheif Pounderhard

Drives: 80camaro/Avalanche/srt8charger
What happened to gearheads modifiying their ride?

Sure i LOVE the Z28, i own one. but if i can get the look of the car they way i want it with a v6 then great, i can always yank out the v6 and build a engine that would blow the LSA out of the water SANS forced induction.

Would i do it, yeah if i had the money, but with fuel going up, down, up and down, paying $1.50 for premium RIGHT NOW "canadian" just to drive the car to work "z/28 and others rumoured at work WINK Scott", around town, to and from work etc etc is STUPID. Sink all your money into fuel and skimp on other things. Perhaps owning my own house has rest my priorities.

Back in my teenage years, i wouldent flinch about buying a high performance car that got 0 miles to the gallon as it was essentially an extenion of my penis, lol. I had no real bills to pay so i dident care.

Now that i have bills and a family, spending that kinda coin on gas prices doesent make financial sense. Do i want a Z/28, yeah! in reality do i need it? No. I would rather have a roof over my head and nice things in my house then a moneypit in my garage and worrying about how much fuel it will take to get from here to there.

This is the reality we live in, more and more people are brainwashed about foreign quality and like all lemmings they flock to what they are told to buy. Which in reality, most imports have horrible fit and finish and crappy interiors and lots of recalls, that dont make it to the news. Therefore, all is well to buy more of them. Which puts the big 3 waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind the 8-ball. Gm builds GREAT trucks and SUV's. Their car selection was pretty weak, eveything was a "me-too" design until recently when life has been breathed back into it. Thank god.

So i understand why the Zedder was put back on the backburner for now. Gm can't afford to put out a high performance fuel sucking low volume vehicle at the moment when they have more pressing issues at hand to save their hide in the industry.

Basically, people need to relax. So what? no Z/28 when the camaro launches, who cares, if you want more HP, build a engine. If you cant really afford the fuel for a Z/28 but you want it regaurdless, whats the point of having it sitting in your driveway with a emptytank and a head full of dreams?

It will come......eventually, and hopefully gas prices will have greatly subsided by then.
80Zedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:52 PM   #151
SoSmoked

Drives: 00 camaro SS convt white
I really wanted a 500hp+ monster more than anybody. But I will be happy with buying an SS 422hp car. Saving the money on "dealer markup" and supercharging myself into a 600hp beast.
SoSmoked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:03 AM   #152
warbird81

Drives: 1995 camaro, 2005 sts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
Holy sh!t man....turn off your caps lock. There's a cool new invention called "punctuation", you should google it and get back to us.
you must be an english major that worry's more about crap like that
Old 07-22-2008, 12:05 AM   #153
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
she did NOT say there would be no Z28..........once again, one of us has been misquoted.
You say that like you're not surprised......................................... ...
Old 07-22-2008, 12:10 AM   #154
warbird81

Drives: 1995 camaro, 2005 sts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAWLS1T/A View Post
Wow, learn some punctuation, learn how to spell, and learn to type with your Caps Lock OFF.... my goodness, its just annoying.
you too must be a teacher who cares thanks for the english leason. now type something that is actually important. the caps were on because i was pissed. i thought this was a site for camaros not a study session you must use spell check too.