Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-22-2018, 05:07 PM   #29
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by The camaro show View Post
Its my first car and honestly I don't plan to every sell it my uncles have huge car collections and the plan is to daily it for 8-10 years then make it a toy. It was my 16th birthday gift and my birthday is right after black friday and We couldn't find a 2SS in agm in a auto anywhere near me on the black friday sale. And I already have 5k into this car so my parents just want me to build it now and enjoy my younger years having fun
jeez...i dont remember what i got for my 16th birthday but it wasnt a new camaro or any type of car.i think it was a job washing dishes in a restaurant and the opportunity to save up money for a used car in about 6 months.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 05:12 PM   #30
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
jeez...i dont remember what i got for my 16th birthday but it wasnt a new camaro or any type of car.i think it was a job washing dishes in a restaurant and the opportunity to save up money for a used car in about 6 months.
I think I got a Super Nintendo game for my 16th birthday.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 06:41 PM   #31
The camaro show

Drives: 2015 camaro 2lt
haha thats what you get when your family likes cars, both my uncles had brand new corvettes in high school one even had 3 cars at once a camaro, corvette and a vw bug convertible.
Cosmetic mods: SS hood with painted vent, SS bumper, acs 1le front lip black, big worm gfx tinted all lights, solar wing v2, Camaro seat belt pads and oracle color shift halos and fog light halos and rear colorshift bow tie, carbon creations carbon fiber stingray z spoiler
Wheels: lexani r-3 bg finish 19x8.5
Performance: cold air inductions intake, mrt v1, jacfab ported intake manifold, intake manifold spacer, overkill tuned on E85.
The camaro show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 06:59 PM   #32
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by The camaro show View Post
haha thats what you get when your family likes cars, both my uncles had brand new corvettes in high school one even had 3 cars at once a camaro, corvette and a vw bug convertible.
Like Gringo said.....sell the 6 and buy an SS.

Last edited by rontammy0; 11-22-2018 at 07:16 PM.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 02:51 AM   #33
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
my dad liked cars,but when he was looking for a new one in 1972 i tried steering him into a cuda.when he came back from the test drive i knew it would never happen.too bad as i eventually got the car he bought as my 3rd car in high school.4 door galaxie 500 with auto and bench seat.it was a great makeout car though...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 06:48 AM   #34
zandron263

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IOM Convertible
Honestly coming from a V6 owner I agree with just keeping it stock and saving up for the SS if speed and power are what you really want. GM got about as much out of the V6 as they could. Getting more power out of it is going to cost you a lot of money and I think it's cheaper in the long run to just move to an SS. I love my V6 but I look at it as a cruiser not a race car.
Old 11-23-2018, 08:20 AM   #35
Livernois Motorsports

Drives: 2010 Camaro 454 LSX (SOLD)

Hello everyone. If you are looking for your next project today is the day to look at cylinder heads and shortblocks. Currently running a 200$ off any set of assembled heads in stock or 999.99$ to send in your bare and clean cores with valves. We will give it a spring upgrade and cnc job then send back to you. These vehicles pick up a ton of power off just heads especially if you pair it with one of our camshafts. Also 1000$ off any assembled shortblock in stock. Please call us before sale is over. 313-561-5500 ext 126 my name is Jake

Last edited by Livernois Motorsports; 11-23-2018 at 08:28 AM. Reason: pics not showing
Livernois Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 08:31 AM   #36
The camaro show

wish you guys did lfxs
Cosmetic mods: SS hood with painted vent, SS bumper, acs 1le front lip black, big worm gfx tinted all lights, solar wing v2, Camaro seat belt pads and oracle color shift halos and fog light halos and rear colorshift bow tie, carbon creations carbon fiber stingray z spoiler
Performance: cold air inductions intake, mrt v1, jacfab ported intake manifold, intake manifold spacer, overkill tuned on E85.
Old 11-23-2018, 09:22 AM   #37
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
When I turned 16 my dad gave me a full-time job in his shop, sorting inventory, sweeping floors, and learning to weld. It was a big step up from the part-time bag boy job I had as I was taking home ~$80/ week instead of $15. I managed to save up $300 and bought a ten-year-old ex-police car with rotted out quarters and doors, but it had a powertrain that wouldn't quit.

The downside was all my hippie friends would scatter when I pulled up.
The upside was when high school was back in session. I would roll into the lot and the jocks picking on my hippy friends would scatter
Old 11-24-2018, 10:12 AM   #38
The camaro show

haha
Old 11-24-2018, 11:32 AM   #39
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
You could for kicks since your into visual mods go to American car craft they have a sale on for like the next month on some awesome engine detailing and engine compartment stainless and its like the best out there, they are 20% off right now. I dig the perforated stainless coil/valve covers they have for a SS and heck you even get ones that light up, but I think I could work them onto my engine for now with the ls3 heads no problem and leave them on with out the plenum cover and they would look awesome with good fuel rails and some good aftermarket intake like the LOD and still not relocate the coils.... Anyway just a thought looking at black Friday deals, just bought a couple drake pieces of brushed aluminum for the fuse box and such like the ...ABS cover from Moroso its nice and the oh...brake master cylinder cover etc...Modding is addictive, so beware...…...LOL Anyway I could go to small bore ls7 heads and then sell them …..LOL..or modify them!!!! ROFL
Old 11-24-2018, 04:57 PM   #40
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Cam-Show, keep it and mod how you’d like. At least you can do it piecemeal as you can afford it. I get the teenage insurance thing. I’m no teenager but..I had the 45th LT for three years, got bitten by the SS bug and leased one, now I bought it. So let’s see, been making payments since 2012 and staring down six more years. I’m no mathematician but that’s 12 years of Camaro payments. Sometimes the bug is not so prudent. : / Maybe we both should get a Moped!
Old 11-24-2018, 05:27 PM   #41
The camaro show

thanks my parents put a lot down on mine and its payed off in 2 months
Old 11-24-2018, 05:55 PM   #42
zlathim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post
When I turned 16 my dad gave me a full-time job in his shop, sorting inventory, sweeping floors, and learning to weld. It was a big step up from the part-time bag boy job I had as I was taking home ~$80/ week instead of $15. I managed to save up $300 and bought a ten-year-old ex-police car with rotted out quarters and doors, but it had a powertrain that wouldn't quit.

The downside was all my hippie friends would scatter when I pulled up.
The upside was when high school was back in session. I would roll into the lot and the jocks picking on my hippy friends would scatter
I love this story!!!
BMR cradle & diff bushings, trailing arms, toe rods & upper control arm bushings
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
4.10 gears, Eaton Truetrac, LPW diff cover
Best 1/4 mile 12.073 @ 115.68 mph 3,300 ft DA
zlathim is offline   Reply With Quote