Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-27-2010, 08:16 PM   #155
raqball

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_red_v6 View Post
i hate comps that dont follow the law.

Quote:
ac·ci·dent   [ak-si-duhnt] –noun

any event that happens unexpectedly, without a deliberate plan or cause.
raqball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:25 PM   #156
lil_red_v6
one wheelin

Drives: 2004 yamaha r6
Send a message via Yahoo to lil_red_v6
Quote:
Originally Posted by raqball View Post
yes accident but heres the thing some dont follow the law. Some around here speed every where and run red lights for no reason and stop signs. thats what i was getting at.
sry was typin fast i ment cops
lil_red_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:00 PM   #157
raqball

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_red_v6 View Post
yes accident but heres the thing some dont follow the law. Some around here speed every where and run red lights for no reason and stop signs. thats what i was getting at.
sry was typin fast i ment cops
I am sure your local Law Enforcement Agencies are hiring... You can also become a Reserve Officer if you like...

Enjoy serving your community...
Old 08-27-2010, 09:10 PM   #158
lil_red_v6
one wheelin

Drives: 2004 yamaha r6
Send a message via Yahoo to lil_red_v6
I'm good, had a bad rap sheet as a kid. Cant join.
lil_red_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:59 AM   #159
PsshPlzz
I'm so JDM I have SARS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to PsshPlzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by raqball View Post
Wow.... Plenty of hate in this thread for the police to last a few years....

I recently retired from Law Enforcement and yes I had my share of accidents... I felt horrible afterwards and never shun my responsibility for the accident...

Having said that, to all you haters, if you think you can do better, I am sure almost all Law Enforcement agencies hire on a yearly basis...

I am not defending the officer in this accident, nor am I trying to downplay the damage the OP's vehicle suffered... During my career, I generally drove about 100 miles per shift... Thats about 2,000 miles a month or 24,000 miles a year.. This is just at work and does not count the miles I put on my personal vehicle away from work. Now add into the equation that most officers are not only driving, but they must operate the radio, the mobile data terminal (computer in car) and keep an eye on traffic, suspicious persons, and many other things that a normal driver does not have to do...

It's called an accident for a reason.... It means it was not done on purpose.... To the OP, I am sorry this has happened to you... You can probably be assured the officer suffered some type of discipline that may have even included lost wages or reduction in rank...

As previously stated, cities have covered their 6 because of so many bogus lawsuits... You can blame the city if you like, but it's really other people that have caused this by frivolous lawsuit after frivolous lawsuit....

I really hope your car comes out just as it was before the accident... Blaming the officers is irresponsible, unless you think he rammed your car on purpose... Blaming the city for covering their 6 is wrong, you should be blaming your fellow citizens that forced the city to cover said 6....

My .02 (flame suit on)

how can i not blame the cop for driving irresponsibly? im not blaming him for not being able to go after the borough, he hit me....kinda hard not to blame him for that.

as far as the legal side of this, it is a bit unfair, because if this had happened the other way around i would be screwed. I also know that they are bullshitting my police report, because they wont include everything that happened that night as far as what the cop had done.

I had a heated discussion with the officer ho did my report about how he had no lights on period, no flashers nor his HEADLIGHTS at midnight. He told me over and over that after he interviewed all of the witnesses (which there were none, no one was outside) and after his investigation, that he could tell me for sure his headlights were on. But yet everyone in my car could say otherwise.

I than asked if there were any traffic cameras in the area, and he said sure if i was to look outside there were many out there. So i asked if i could see the video of the officer with his headlights on. After a brief pause from the officer, i got the response "kid, can you read between the lines....his headlights were on" to which i said "id like to see the tape sir"...and i got "well than youre gonna need a defense attorney to see that"

Can i read between the lines? so are you pretty much telling that youre lying to my face? No one says that when they know theyre innocent, probably the worst thing he couldve said to me.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:31 AM   #160
raqball

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsshPlzz View Post
how can i not blame the cop for driving irresponsibly? im not blaming him for not being able to go after the borough, he hit me....kinda hard not to blame him for that.

as far as the legal side of this, it is a bit unfair, because if this had happened the other way around i would be screwed. I also know that they are bullshitting my police report, because they wont include everything that happened that night as far as what the cop had done.

I had a heated discussion with the officer ho did my report about how he had no lights on period, no flashers nor his HEADLIGHTS at midnight. He told me over and over that after he interviewed all of the witnesses (which there were none, no one was outside) and after his investigation, that he could tell me for sure his headlights were on. But yet everyone in my car could say otherwise.

I than asked if there were any traffic cameras in the area, and he said sure if i was to look outside there were many out there. So i asked if i could see the video of the officer with his headlights on. After a brief pause from the officer, i got the response "kid, can you read between the lines....his headlights were on" to which i said "id like to see the tape sir"...and i got "well than youre gonna need a defense attorney to see that"

Can i read between the lines? so are you pretty much telling that youre lying to my face? No one says that when they know theyre innocent, probably the worst thing he couldve said to me.
Most modern police cars have video cameras and / or a black box so to speak in them... In the event of an accident it recordes a pre set amount of time prior to the accident to the camera box or the black box.... My department was set up to record backwards for 30 seconds prior to the accident.... The information recorded includes if headlights were on, if overhead lights and or siren was on ect..... It might be worthwhile to check this out, subpoena that info, or have your attorney do it for you...

Good luck...
Old 08-28-2010, 12:50 PM   #161
PsshPlzz
I'm so JDM I have SARS

thanks, its hard to find an attorney that would go after our statute 59 here unfortunately
Old 09-11-2010, 09:01 AM   #162
PsshPlzz
I'm so JDM I have SARS

UPDATE
She is finally back in m driveway as of this past tuesday. Will post pictures.....everything is like it never happened