Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-04-2009, 12:39 AM   #127
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
UMMMMM WOW.......
I could not have said it better myself.

JAW ON THE FLOOR.

TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:21 AM   #128
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
This is the third 1 off car that Jay has gotten GM to build for him, that I know of.
It's not like Jay said "Hey GM, build me this!" and GM said "Okay Jay, whatever you want". He hadn't even seen it personally until SEMA. He hasn't even heard it run or driven it yet.

This car is a testament to what GM is capable of doing and what direction they may be considering in the future.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:44 AM   #129
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
It's not like Jay said "Hey GM, build me this!" and GM said "Okay Jay, whatever you want". He hadn't even seen it personally until SEMA. He hasn't even heard it run or driven it yet.

This car is a testament to what GM is capable of doing and what direction they may be considering in the future.
Maybe not this time (since you seem to know more about this car than I do) but that is exactly what happened with the Eco Jet car.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:49 AM   #130
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:

Near future.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:30 PM   #131
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
forged internals are generally louder. and what will more then likely change with the engine is the intake box (not the manifold) and the exhaust. that's the parts that will change that will cause the HP numbers to either decrease or increase. the tune will go either way with it. there's only so much a standard non forged piston can take. and those are the weak links for the lsa.
You act like the engine is going to blow up if you add 20 more HP. Didn't the LSA last longer in the endurance tests? Yes they are louder but that seems to be your whole argument.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:40 PM   #132
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_Username View Post
You act like the engine is going to blow up if you add 20 more HP. Didn't the LSA last longer in the endurance tests? Yes they are louder but that seems to be your whole argument.
no it's not my argument. my argument is for forged internals due to what people are going to do to this car. 800+ hp is easier to achieve with out worry of internal failure. the reason the LSA would go in the car is it's cheaper. has nothing to do with performance numbers it's all about the beans. and I have accepted that. I totally disagree with a supercharged Z28 but if they build it I'll buy it.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:02 PM   #133
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
no it's not my argument. my argument is for forged internals due to what people are going to do to this car. 800+ hp is easier to achieve with out worry of internal failure. the reason the LSA would go in the car is it's cheaper. has nothing to do with performance numbers it's all about the beans. and I have accepted that. I totally disagree with a supercharged Z28 but if they build it I'll buy it.
I would say most people will leave the car as it with maybe a few minor mods. Not every person who buys a car is going to start modding it... especially around 300HP more than what it was intended to sustain.

I'd say put the LSA in there; It wouldn't increase retail price near as much as the LS9, and if there is to be a ZL1, that is what the LS9 should be reserved for.

Why are you against a Supercharged Z?
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:26 PM   #134
KoTToN

Drives: 2005 SilveradoSS AWD
Quote:
If your going to pay to upgrade your car to 800hp and drop the warranty, and if its so inexpensive to put forged internals in the car why wouldnt this said person put his or her favorite forged internals in the car themselves?
Like I said before, there is a dealership that is 4 miles away from my house that has 3 2SS's just sitting on their lot. And this is a very small dealership it's not a high volume dealership in a populated area., Come early summer, when 2011's are coming out, the camaro will be offered for 0%. I guarantee it
Sales Forcasting 101B:
Quote:
Originally Posted by returnofcc View Post
apparently you didn't understand my post correctly. If there are 4 (now 6) camaros sitting at a low volume dealership, just imagine how many are sitting at the high volume dealerships
KoTToN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 03:41 PM   #135
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
I totally disagree with a supercharged Z28 but if they build it I'll buy it.
Would you still buy a Z if this car was it?
Old 11-04-2009, 04:00 PM   #136
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
I dont know If I would buy a TT V6 Z/28..... I would give it a chance but I dont think I could lose that throaty growl of a V8
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:09 PM   #137
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Would you still buy a Z if this car was it?
I'd consider it after the numbers came out for it's performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoTToN View Post
If your going to pay to upgrade your car to 800hp and drop the warranty, and if its so inexpensive to put forged internals in the car why wouldnt this said person put his or her favorite forged internals in the car themselves?
with the ls9 it could be as simple as a smaller pulley, tune, exhaust, and intake. cheaper to upgrade from factory to that with forged internals and I don't have to worry about those weak links.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_Username View Post
I would say most people will leave the car as it with maybe a few minor mods. Not every person who buys a car is going to start modding it... especially around 300HP more than what it was intended to sustain.

I'd say put the LSA in there; It wouldn't increase retail price near as much as the LS9, and if there is to be a ZL1, that is what the LS9 should be reserved for.

Why are you against a Supercharged Z?
you don't run around with the people I do. they modd every car they get there hands on. I prefer NA over FI. prefer. I'm not against it FI. but a new Direct Injection engine at lets say 6.0 is smaller then the ls3 and would be putting down around 550 hp, easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
I dont know If I would buy a TT V6 Z/28..... I would give it a chance but I dont think I could lose that throaty growl of a V8

give it a chance only if the performance was outstanding and the aftermarket modability means I could up the boost (plus minor mods) and achieve some out standing levels of power and road racing ability.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:30 PM   #138
KoTToN

Drives: 2005 SilveradoSS AWD
well the ls9 is about 5k more so unless forged pistons/rods cost more than that you will still be ok.
Like I said before, there is a dealership that is 4 miles away from my house that has 3 2SS's just sitting on their lot. And this is a very small dealership it's not a high volume dealership in a populated area., Come early summer, when 2011's are coming out, the camaro will be offered for 0%. I guarantee it
Sales Forcasting 101B:
Quote:
Originally Posted by returnofcc View Post
apparently you didn't understand my post correctly. If there are 4 (now 6) camaros sitting at a low volume dealership, just imagine how many are sitting at the high volume dealerships
KoTToN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:47 PM   #139
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoTToN View Post
well the ls9 is about 5k more so unless forged pistons/rods cost more than that you will still be ok.
but do those come with 100k waranty? the mods that I'd do that would void the warranty will be after 100k are on the car. and with the way I drive that'd be about 3-4 yrs if not sooner. 49k on the 07 silverado with me being in the states only 2 years. and believe me I'm buying this car to drive.

and like I've said already. depending on the numbers and aftermarket possibilities I would buy a TTv6.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:43 PM   #140
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
Quote:
you don't run around with the people I do. they modd every car they get there hands on. I prefer NA over FI. prefer. I'm not against it FI. but a new Direct Injection engine at lets say 6.0 is smaller then the ls3 and would be putting down around 550 hp, easy.
you have to understand that your in the very small minority then, as are your friends.

if i had to guess, i'd say about 5% of camaro's sold today get major modifications to the car in some way.

the vast majority would do perfectly well with an LSA and the lack of forged internals. i know i'd be one of them, more then happy to drive around a 550hp beast without even opening up the hood; just like i drive my 426hp beast right now.

try to keep in mind a global view, it's what is getting GM back on it's feet.
bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote