Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > V8 - Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons, Tuning Equipment

Old 10-09-2023, 12:36 AM   #57
Shodown

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bald_eagle_machine View Post
Just for context. I ordered a ZL1 addons tow hook and sent it to RSM on Friday. So they are going to test fit and make me a prototype to test fit on my car. If all goes well, I'll approve the sample and get a small run made up for you guys. They will be branded RSM. I'll keep you guys updated as much as possible.
Add me too!!

I've been looking for a tubular rear bar for a long time to no avail. I have the RSM front bar already, but want the rear to save a little more weight.
2014 ZL1 M6: Roto Fab Intake, LS3 TB, Long Tube Headers, NPP, Mild 2 Wild, JMS BAP, SMG aux pump, ID 1050X Injectors, DSX Flex Fuel Sensor, 10.5" DSX Lower Pulley, Killer Chiller, Tuned by Ted at JRE, Pedders XA Extreme coilovers, Mickey Thompson Street S/S on Weld S71s
Shodown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 07:34 AM   #58
fnhowe84

Drives: 2018 Hotwheels M6 & 2010 1LE V6 M6
depending on the price, put me down for a rear also

Thanks Brother!
Old 10-09-2023, 09:07 AM   #59
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
I was really hoping for more interest here. RSM can't give me a price until they are able to fab up the prototype for me.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 01:57 PM   #60
SlowLS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS , 2011 Colorado LS1
Disappointing that there is not more interest.
Old 10-10-2023, 12:09 PM   #61
fnhowe84

I would reach out to the local camao car clubs where people are likely to be more active on. I'll post this feed in mine
Old 10-10-2023, 02:28 PM   #62
500hpbluez28
YUDLOSE

Drives: Supercharged 2010 ABM 1SS
Quote:
I was really hoping for more interest here. RSM can't give me a price until they are able to fab up the prototype for me.
I would be interested in a front bar for my 2010 SS. I already purchased a ZL1 addons front tow hook kit but have not install it yet. So if they make one that is compatible I'd definitely be interested in it depending on price.

Trey Jenkins
2010 Supercharged ABM SS Camaro LS3 #400 Order Number: NJGC85 Build Date: 06/24/2009
1996 Blue Z/28 Camaro 396 stroker in the process
1994 Red Z/28 Camaro
500hpbluez28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 02:43 PM   #63
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

These will be made whether the orders are filled here or not.

so, rest assured if you say you're interested, you will be offered one. If the price is too high I won't bother ordering them at all. I understand peoples thoughts on price. Usually these types of projects come out really expensive. If that's the case I will scrap the idea. I think we can meet somewhere reasonable. The tow hook is on its way to RSM and they will test fit and until they fiinsh the prototype they aren't willing to discuss price.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
Old 10-11-2023, 06:55 AM   #64
fnhowe84

thanks for the hard work on this!
Old 10-11-2023, 07:15 AM   #65
500hpbluez28
YUDLOSE

Drives: Supercharged 2010 ABM 1SS
Quote:
These will be made whether the orders are filled here or not.

so, rest assured if you say you're interested, you will be offered one. If the price is too high I won't bother ordering them at all. I understand peoples thoughts on price. Usually these types of projects come out really expensive. If that's the case I will scrap the idea. I think we can meet somewhere reasonable. The tow hook is on its way to RSM and they will test fit and until they fiinsh the prototype they aren't willing to discuss price.
Sounds good. Appreciate the effort to get this done.

Trey Jenkins
2010 Supercharged ABM SS Camaro LS3 #400 Order Number: NJGC85 Build Date: 06/24/2009
1996 Blue Z/28 Camaro 396 stroker in the process
1994 Red Z/28 Camaro
500hpbluez28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 08:22 AM   #66
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Still waiting on an update from RSM on the prototype. Hoping to have something this week. So far I have 4 interested parties here, and possibly 2 more from Instagram. Looks like I will only be ordering 10 of these if the price is right.

Old 10-17-2023, 12:54 AM   #67
Deftones

Drives: 2012 RS/SS LS3
Interested in two.
Old 10-17-2023, 11:44 AM   #68
Scotty D

Drives: 2014 1le 1SS CRMT
I’m still in for one if it has the front tow hook provision!
Thanks
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 12:12 PM   #69
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Deftones, and Scotty D Noted. Added to the list.

ScottyD they will indeed have a front tow hook provision. That is what RSM is working on.

Old 10-18-2023, 11:19 AM   #70
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

I got some mockup information today and want to hear everyones feedback. This quoted message is from RSM.
1. Do you like the position of the tow hook out of the SS lower grille? Would you move it left or right at all?
2. Would you be opposed to having the tow hook stick out 3/4 inch further? This would allow for an ideal tow hook bracket design.
3. This design should also work for the Zl1 guys. Based on the measurements provided, do you think this will fit your application as well?

"Got a preliminary tow hook location - see attached pictures. I also included some dimensions of the location for reference - this could be helpful for the ZL1 guys. It's centered on the slot left-to-right and up/down on this grille.

If any adjustments to position are necessary, I can move left-right about 1.5" each way, (or skip to the next rectangular opening) but vertically it can't get any higher for this grille, and the next position increment down would be ~1-1/8". I could stick the hook out about 3/4" farther and have an ideal mounting bracket design, but I'm not sure how that would look. (The hook centerline is roughly 6-1/8" forward from the inside lip of the mounting plate.)

Look over everything and let me know - It would be ideal if ZL1 guys could provide some feedback on that hook location before sending we ship it out to you, but if not, no big deal. My next step is to have an actual laser cut & formed bracket made and welded in place, then we will ship. The current bracket is just a piece of square tube cut and tacked in place to locate the hook on the car for measurements."
Attached Images