Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > V8 - Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons, Tuning Equipment

Old 11-06-2023, 06:01 PM   #85
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
What’s the difference between the bar they are making for this group vs the one on their website? Is it just the tow hook option?
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 07:08 PM   #86
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
I am still working with the vendors on a price point. I did negotiate a deal for discount pricing on the tow hooks with ZL1Addons.... Would you guys prefer to buy a complete kit? As in front bar and tow hook or would you rather buy them seperate? I can assure you that the package deal would be cheaper, but some may want to do things differently.

Olblue, the only difference is that the bar has the tow hook mount built into it. I only looked into this endeavor because numerous people commented that they want an off the shelf lightweight bar, with a tow hook mount built into it.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.

Last edited by The_bald_eagle_machine; 11-06-2023 at 09:41 PM.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 07:51 PM   #87
Infidel67
Life's just a Ride

Drives: 2011 Synergy Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Heck yeah I'm interested but right now I'm broke AF and gotta slow down, you know what I mean.
Old 11-07-2023, 06:38 AM   #88
Leadsled

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bald_eagle_machine View Post
Just to clarify for all interested parties, This front crash bar design will only work on 10-13 SS cars and we need to test and measure, but it should also fit 12-15 ZL1 cars. If I can find someone with a ZL1 who would be willing to perform a test fit for me, I will be able to give that person a discount for doing me a favor and test fitting. You will have to take pictures showing the fitment, and you would have to install the bar within a day or two of receiving it so that I can get a quick turnaround on it.
I have a ZL1 bumper and Im willing to test fit
Old 11-07-2023, 08:13 AM   #89
fnhowe84

Drives: 2018 Hotwheels M6 & 2010 1LE V6 M6
Quote:
I believe that RSM told me that they already had dimensions from the rear bar, for a parachute mount out of the license plate area, so that may be the direction we take on the rear bar once we make it that far. Currently working out pricing details and ETA, its a difficult time for large projects being that Black friday is approaching and alot of their production time is going into making stock for their own store.

I also apologize for how filthy my car is in these pictures. It is bug season here in the coutryside of Florida and it looks this bad after 1 or 2 drives into town.
All good man, race season is over for me till spring anyways.... and no one expects these cars to remain showroom clean all the time, we all have lives
Old 11-07-2023, 10:41 AM   #90
500hpbluez28
YUDLOSE

Drives: Supercharged 2010 ABM 1SS
Quote:
I am still working with the vendors on a price point. I did negotiate a deal for discount pricing on the tow hooks with ZL1Addons.... Would you guys prefer to buy a complete kit? As in front bar and tow hook or would you rather buy them seperate? I can assure you that the package deal would be cheaper, but some may want to do things differently.

Olblue, the only difference is that the bar has the tow hook mount built into it. I only looked into this endeavor because numerous people commented that they want an off the shelf lightweight bar, with a tow hook mount built into it.
I already purchased a featherlite tow hook from ZL1addons so personally I only would need the bar.

Trey Jenkins
2010 Supercharged ABM SS Camaro LS3 #400 Order Number: NJGC85 Build Date: 06/24/2009
1996 Blue Z/28 Camaro 396 stroker in the process
1994 Red Z/28 Camaro
500hpbluez28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 07:10 PM   #91
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Already have a tow hook as well
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 11:27 PM   #92
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

I need feedback from everyone who posted here...

Lightweight crash bar with tow hook provision. $279.99 + shipping.
Lightweight Crash bar with tow hook provision and tow hook included $379.99

I managed to snag savings on the tow hooks buy offering a bulk buy. SO for the $379.99 pricing to happen I honestly need 10 people commited, and opinions on color. Red or Black. Please comment your thoughts, and we will go from there. I have to hit a minimum quantity before I can get the vendor to make them, so I need your guys support here.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
Old 11-08-2023, 07:49 AM   #93
fnhowe84

Drives: 2018 Hotwheels M6 & 2010 1LE V6 M6
Do they need 10 commited to one type or 10 total?
Old 11-08-2023, 08:08 AM   #94
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnhowe84 View Post
Do they need 10 commited to one type or 10 total?
I have to buy 25 crash bars for the vendor to produce them.

I can get everyone a discount on the tow hooks if i can get a minimum of 10 people signed up. Otherwise I won't be including tow hooks.

Old 11-08-2023, 08:23 AM   #95
SlowLS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS , 2011 Colorado LS1
Quote:
I have to buy 25 crash bars for the vendor to produce them.

I can get everyone a discount on the tow hooks if i can get a minimum of 10 people signed up. Otherwise I won't be including tow hooks.
Gonna be hard to make everyone happy. My advice would be, let everyone source their own tow hook.

The crash bar with tow hook provision is great and everyone can use that.

I appreciate all your efforts on this.
Old 11-08-2023, 09:46 AM   #96
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLS1 View Post
Gonna be hard to make everyone happy. My advice would be, let everyone source their own tow hook.

I think you might be right here. I just confirmed that i can mix and match the colors red and black within 10 units, and this is cheaper then you will ever buy them direct. So to those who don't already have a tow hook it would behoove them to buy as a kit here to save them $$$.

Old 11-08-2023, 10:34 AM   #97
Leadsled

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLS1 View Post

Same. Thank you
Old 11-08-2023, 03:26 PM   #98
Deftones

Drives: 2012 RS/SS LS3
Is it $379.99 shipped out the door each?