Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 10-07-2010, 03:36 PM   #1
Faisal

Drives: 2006 Chevy Malibu LS
Frong Tag??

Do you have to put your front plates on the car, what will happen if you get caught,I just hate it one everycar.
Faisal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:17 PM   #2
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
yeah you do if you want to avoid a ticket, but some of our members dont have em on and are doing just fine. Depends on whether it is your DD or not. Mine is my DD and when i first got her, i had no front plate on and would get a heart attack everytime i would see a Cop so then i just put it on. No more heart attacks
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 06:57 AM   #3
CanadianCamaro

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM - A.K.A. DA ;)
Been asked once - but avoided the fine. Been told 2 amounts $110 and $155. I carry the front plate with me with some 3M tape on the back just in case I need to slap it on on request. We'll see how long it lasts. Not my daily driver

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
CanadianCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:11 PM   #4
CDN SS
Steve from Canada.

Drives: 2010 SW SS/RS with Inferno package.
My son has been driving his Cobalt SS for 2.5 years with no front plate, stopped several times but only got 1 ticket.........$115, no points.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:26 PM   #5
Faisal

Will they still ticket you if you have the plate in the Car?
Old 10-08-2010, 07:53 PM   #6
CDN SS
Steve from Canada.

Drives: 2010 SW SS/RS with Inferno package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faisal View Post
They did to him, plate was on the passenger side floor.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:38 PM   #7
CanadianCamaro

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM - A.K.A. DA ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faisal View Post
They will ticket you even if the plate is displayed in the windshield (except temp plates). The law specified the location (height, angle etc) the plate must be mounted.

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
CanadianCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 03:37 PM   #8
Faisal

I bought the a new car and IM waiting for the mount will they still ticket you for that??
Old 10-09-2010, 05:22 PM   #9
Asylum
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Black on Black Manual 6
To my knowledge there is nothing in the HTA (Highway Traffic Act) that specifies the License Plate in the front is required to be affixed to your FRONT BUMPER.. It does however say you need to have identification in both your FRONT and REAR of your vehicle... This is often why Temporary License Plates are affixed to the top right passenger side of your windshield.

The best you can do is arm yourself with information. Or ask the officer to show you in the HTA that it is in fact in violation... I doubt highly that they will eb able to provide the information both {A} During the road side stop, or {B} In the court room.

If you're concerned about whether or not they can ticket you, they can.
ANd they most likely will... eventually..

It all comes down to court.
Asylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 05:27 PM   #10
Asylum
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Black on Black Manual 6
Furthermore:

(3) The number plates for a motor vehicle, other than a motorcycle or a motor assisted bicycle, shall be attached to and exposed in a conspicuous position on the front and rear of the motor vehicle. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 628, s. 9 (3).

To me, a windshield does not qualify as the front of a vehicle. The front would be the bumper cover and the grille. The wording of HTA s. 62 (14.1) seems to support that definition, by prohibiting lamps that cast a red and blue light to the front, instead of at the front.

It can also be argued that glare or dirt on the windshield constitutes an obstruction and/or can interfere with the operation of electronic camera equipment.

Fun Fact: 99% of the time you're pulled over, the LEO will usually if not always pull up BEHIND you... so I really never did understand why we need a FRONT license plate?
Asylum is offline   Reply With Quote