Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-30-2012, 07:15 PM   #1
CamaroFTW

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS-Rally Yellow
Send a message via MSN to CamaroFTW
Transforming my Bee...ZL1 front, Hex vents, Siebon Vented Fenders, Rear Vents

I decided to give my Bee a new look once I saw how good the ZL1 fronts look. So I decided to do a few more mods since it was already in the body shop. All work is being done by Eurotech in Palm Bay FL. Gil is a great guy and he has an excellent team working for him. It has been there 3 weeks and I expect it to be there about 2 more before all is done.

Anyway, in addition to the ZL1 front I had them install the new Hex vents on the sides of my functional ram air Suncoast hood. The vents are to help release the air that the massive front splitter pushes into the engine bay. I have the ZL1 pan going on too and brake ducts. The vents should help keep the nose down at high speeds.

Also, I am adding the new 10mm wide Siebon Carbon Fiber vented front fenders. I did not get these from the vendor here due to price (sorry). The fenders are very nicely made and are as light as a feather but, they need ALOT of prep work! The have extra material on the all the edges and especially the door edge where alot has to be sanded down so it fits on correctly and you are able to close the door. Then the outer fender surface is very wavy and so requires alot of sanding to make the fender flat. You dont notice this when you first get the fenders but once mounted and you look from an angle you can see all the waviness.

Lastly, I am doing rear fenders vents using the Xenon scoops (ala AAC) and the shop is making these fully functional. They are having an AC company fabricate a full duct that is sealed and hooks from the scoop, which will be cut out, to the rear wheel area. The scoops will be seam sealed and painted so they do not look like and add on. The vents should help at high speed with brake cooling and if there is any rain, should help push the water off the tires.

Anyway, here are some pics of the progress of all this and I will update more as it progresses. I think it will turn out excellent!

CamaroFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #2
CiscoBee
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro Rally Yellow 2LT
Looking good!!!
Can't wait to see finished pics!!
CiscoBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:03 PM   #3
jmontalvo

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow 2LS
|Trifecta Tune|Custom Magnaflow Exhaust|Cold Air Inductions C.A.I.|BBK LTs w/ HFC|Anvil Rear Notch Glossy CF Spoiler|Body Color Heritage Grille|10 spoke polished ZL1 replica wheels|VMAX ported TB|RS Headlights|Night Owl RGB Halos
jmontalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:15 PM   #4
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
[QUOTE=CamaroFTW;5218504]I decided to give my Bee a new look once I saw how good the ZL1 fronts look. So I decided to do a few more mods since it was already in the body shop. All work is being done by Eurotech in Palm Bay FL. Gil is a great guy and he has an excellent team working for him. It has been there 3 weeks and I expect it to be there about 2 more before all is done.

Anyway, in addition to the ZL1 front I had them install the new Hex vents on the sides of my functional ram air Suncoast hood. The vents are to help release the air that the massive front splitter pushes into the engine bay. I have the ZL1 pan going on too and brake ducts. The vents should help keep the nose down at high speeds.

Also, I am adding the new 10mm wide Siebon Carbon Fiber vented front fenders. I did not get these from the vendor here due to price (sorry). The fenders are very nicely made and are as light as a feather but, they need ALOT of prep work! The have extra material on the all the edges and especially the door edge where alot has to be sanded down so it fits on correctly and you are able to close the door. Then the outer fender surface is very wavy and so requires alot of sanding to make the fender flat. You dont notice this when you first get the fenders but once mounted and you look from an angle you can see all the waviness.

Lastly, I am doing rear fenders vents using the Xenon scoops (ala AAC) and the shop is making these fully functional. They are having an AC company fabricate a full duct that is sealed and hooks from the scoop, which will be cut out, to the rear wheel area. The scoops will be seam sealed and painted so they do not look like and add on. The vents should help at high speed with brake cooling and if there is any rain, should help push the water off the tires.

Anyway, here are some pics of the progress of all this and I will update more as it progresses. I think it will turn out excellent!

interested in seeing this here
zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:51 AM   #5
IamJacksCamaro

Drives: Camaro LS M6, Fiero, Ford F100
Very interested. Can't wait to see more!
IamJacksCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:46 PM   #6
CausticGuy

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS/RS
You had my favorite camaro on here. Look forward to seeing the changes. The only thing I'm not sold on are the hex vents so many are installing.
CausticGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #7
CamaroFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CausticGuy View Post
You had my favorite camaro on here. Look forward to seeing the changes. The only thing I'm not sold on are the hex vents so many are installing.
Wow, I am humbled CausticGuy! The ZL1 splitter throws so much air into the engine bay that the front end lifts at high speed which in turn will slow the car down, so this should help. I was thinking of making the vents yellow at first so it blends more in...but not sure which way to go with that..the people at the shop all say it looks good black......

I appreciate your comments on all.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:51 PM   #8
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
Wow that Is awesome. What shop is Doing all this for you ?
Old 07-01-2012, 09:51 PM   #9
CamaroFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
Wow that Is awesome. What shop is Doing all this for you ?
Check the first sentence in the first post Thanks for comments!
Old 07-01-2012, 09:55 PM   #10
jmontalvo

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFTW View Post
Check the first sentence in the first post Thanks for comments!
"I decided to give my Bee a new look once I saw how good the ZL1 fronts look."
|Trifecta Tune|Custom Magnaflow Exhaust|Cold Air Inductions C.A.I.|BBK LTs w/ HFC|Anvil Rear Notch Glossy CF Spoiler|Body Color Heritage Grille|10 spoke polished ZL1 replica wheels|VMAX ported TB|RS Headlights|Night Owl RGB Halos
jmontalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:02 PM   #11
CamaroFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmontalvo View Post
"I decided to give my Bee a new look once I saw how good the ZL1 fronts look."
Opps! 3rd sentence...typing to fast..sorry!
Old 07-10-2012, 12:04 PM   #12
CamaroFTW

OK a little update on all this guys. We are progressing along and I should get my car back in about 2 weeks. Feel free to ask questions.

My car in this pic just does not look happy..lol!

Here is a pic of the ZL1 with primer and first coat and ready for sanding and next coat:

Here is the hood getting modified to work with the reverse hood kit. Will need extra bracing from a custom metal piece to secure it and keep it from cracking the fiberglass:

Another close-up:

Here is the car on jacks and getting the rear quarters fully functional ducts!

Close-up from the outside showing duct construction:

And close-up from the inner wheel well. This will all be seam sealed and smoothed out in the process:

Another view from back:

Once the scoop is mounted it will flow air like this:

And a few pics of the Seibon Carbon Fiber 10mm wider fenders getting the final prep work (they need a TON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Close-up of the vents. I will be leaving an outline of the carbon fiber "trimming the vent". I think that will look great and flow with the other carbon fiber on my car.

One more close-up of the vent.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #13
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
I like how you made the quarter panel vents functional
Old 07-10-2012, 12:20 PM   #14
John@AutoAgenda

Drives: 2004 GTO
Can't wait to see how this all turns out, it's going to look amazing!
John@AutoAgenda is offline   Reply With Quote