Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-14-2009, 08:45 PM   #15
DEW

Drives: Hoopdee
Im sorry but I have to laugh at you people trying to make your V6's sound like a V8. Its like trying to make a Honda sound like a Harley......It cant be done! period The GM engineers spent countless hours (as many as 3) to get these V6's to have somewhat of a nice tone, leave it at that. Leave the stock exhaust and save your money! Just my $.02

BUILD - 6/12/2009
Airaid V2, Flowmaster AT
DEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:32 PM   #16
LadyinBlue

Drives: 260HP/242TQ
I'm sure not trying to make my V6 sound like a V8, DEW. I'm modding it to see just what the capabilities of the LLT are, and if the sound of the engine changes along the way that's fine and dandy.

If you want to leave your ride stock, go right ahead. But don't ridicule those of us who enjoy making our rides uniquely our own by whatever means we can afford and enjoy.
LadyinBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:43 PM   #17
VALOR

Drives: L99 cyber grey
Sounds like the active fuel management system. Is it at only low rpm's and cruising speeds?
VALOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:05 PM   #18
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALOR View Post
Sounds like the active fuel management system. Is it at only low rpm's and cruising speeds?
Huh?????
(plus there's no AFM on a 6)

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:18 PM   #19
VALOR

Drives: L99 cyber grey
Sorry, didn't know it was a 6. Don't know then.
VALOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 02:18 AM   #20
Rygain

Drives: VW Scirocco 2009, Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyinBlue View Post
I'm sure not trying to make my V6 sound like a V8, DEW. I'm modding it to see just what the capabilities of the LLT are, and if the sound of the engine changes along the way that's fine and dandy.

If you want to leave your ride stock, go right ahead. But don't ridicule those of us who enjoy making our rides uniquely our own by whatever means we can afford and enjoy.
Yes I'm agree

Nobody says that he want to have a V8 sound with his v6 ...

We just love nice exhaust sounds

Rygain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 07:50 AM   #21
DEW

Drives: Hoopdee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygain View Post
Yes I'm agree

Nobody says that he want to have a V8 sound with his v6 ...

We just love nice exhaust sounds
Fair enough, let me know when you find one.

BUILD - 6/12/2009
Airaid V2, Flowmaster AT
DEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:55 PM   #22
LadyinBlue

I did. Corsa... :-) (Sorry, DEW. Just couldn't resist...)
Old 08-16-2009, 03:48 AM   #23
Rygain

Drives: VW Scirocco 2009, Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEW View Post
Fair enough, let me know when you find one.
ok ^^

Each person likes a different sound for her camaro.

So LadyinBlue likes the Corsa sound, I like the SLP sound ... and you don't like any sound

Rygain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:14 AM   #24
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
http://<embed width="448" height="36...e/Onramp.flv">http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ent=Onramp.flv
I am getting a noise/vibration sound from my lower dash. And no, it's not drone. Guess I need to take to the Chevy dealer. You can hear it the video.
Just used the windows movie player to create the vid. Will do an idle, which I really like(sounds like a Camaro, not a Ferrari), and post it with a drive by and a much better ( to say the least) cabin shot. Was seeing if photobucket would allow an up load of wmv as I can not find my editing disc. This was just a test. I slowed down before getting on the freeway and set the cruise. It is extremly quiet at cruise. Those Stainless Works Chambered mufflers are sweet!

Last edited by PieNsky; 08-16-2009 at 05:37 AM.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 06:48 AM   #25
JTinFL

Drives: Fast ones
The shop that installed it should have checked for rattles and vibrations. I would take it to another shop and have them look at it. If you did it yourself then just check for any spots that have really tight clearances and loosen the whole exhaust up. Use a pry bar and pry it as far away from that spot where it was close and then tighten it back up. If it is impossible to get right then make sure you tell the manufacturer about it and you will have to take it to a shop and have them change the pipes to reroute it.
JTinFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:35 AM   #26
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubican View Post
The Problem that your having is call DRONE and is not going to go away unles you change your mufflers to Corsas.
I don't have Corsas... and I have NO DRONE! In fact I let one of my V6 Mustang buddies take the car out for a spin, including highway, and excitedly said " I WANT MY CAR TO SOUND LIKE THIS!!!" LOL!

In fact I was always kind of leery about saying my car has no drone because everyone has a different level of what sound annoys them... I've had a bunch of car enthusiasts in my car... all of them agree, the car has no drone... so I feel pretty confident with saying I don't have any drone... LOL
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:03 AM   #27
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEW View Post
Im sorry but I have to laugh at you people trying to make your V6's sound like a V8. Its like trying to make a Honda sound like a Harley......It cant be done! period The GM engineers spent countless hours (as many as 3) to get these V6's to have somewhat of a nice tone, leave it at that. Leave the stock exhaust and save your money! Just my $.02
actually I had a discussion about this exact subject with Al Oppenheiser on Thursday evening (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37560). The V6 exhaust is designed for the masses... for the typical buyer... for the people who just want to get from point A to point B in a nice looking car... and who want a nice quiet car...

We discussed that you can give this V6 a very nice aggressive, performance sound to the V6... and in fact he was impressed with the sound of my setup. And then we touched upon what others have said, that the performance V6 sound doesn't fit the OLD Camaro image... I mentioned that I do my best to get people past that stereotypical image and that with the new 3.6L LLT platform you can have a very nice, performing V6... That in fact a performance V6 sound is perfectly acceptable sound to come from the NEW Camaro!! He nodded in agreement!!!!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:56 AM   #28
LadyinBlue

A performance V6 sound is heavenly when it comes from my new Camaro! I don't understand why folks are having problems with those of us who want to modify our LLTs.