Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-16-2009, 10:02 AM   #29
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Something is just a little loose under the dash on the right side. I'm not going to dig into it, I'll let the Chevy dealer take a peak. Wanted to explain what the sound was that the viewer was hearing.
My first Camaro, was also my first car. A 1968 Matador Red with black stripes, black interior, Z hood with a rear spoiler, Cragars, yellow traction bars. It had a 650 Holley on an Edelbrock Tourqer II intake, 202 heads, 1 7/8" Hooker headers, Hurst Super Shifter on top of a M-22, 12 bolt 4.11 posi. Later I added a Marvin Miller NO2. I also work in maintence. Although troubleshooting from the shop of of equipment that you have been told is isn't performing as it should, you really have to be there to do it correctly. In other words, this isn't a pipe that is too close that is inducing the noise. One place in the lower dash is in need of attention.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 06:15 PM   #30
nachocheese

Drives: 1LT RS, SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEW View Post
Im sorry but I have to laugh at you people trying to make your V6's sound like a V8. Its like trying to make a Honda sound like a Harley......It cant be done! period The GM engineers spent countless hours (as many as 3) to get these V6's to have somewhat of a nice tone, leave it at that. Leave the stock exhaust and save your money! Just my $.02
And you now have Flowmasters on your V6.

Last edited by nachocheese; 09-11-2010 at 07:11 PM.
nachocheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 06:32 PM   #31
ketel0ne

Drives: Used to have 2010 SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieNsky View Post
Something is just a little loose under the dash on the right side. I'm not going to dig into it, I'll let the Chevy dealer take a peak. Wanted to explain what the sound was that the viewer was hearing.
My first Camaro, was also my first car. A 1968 Matador Red with black stripes, black interior, Z hood with a rear spoiler, Cragars, yellow traction bars. It had a 650 Holley on an Edelbrock Tourqer II intake, 202 heads, 1 7/8" Hooker headers, Hurst Super Shifter on top of a M-22, 12 bolt 4.11 posi. Later I added a Marvin Miller NO2. I also work in maintence. Although troubleshooting from the shop of of equipment that you have been told is isn't performing as it should, you really have to be there to do it correctly. In other words, this isn't a pipe that is too close that is inducing the noise. One place in the lower dash is in need of attention.
When I did my muffler delete and 5" resonator tips my dash vibrated at certain rpm's, sounded like an older camaro interior. I have since gone to SS mufflers, the drone and vibration is gone.
ketel0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 06:54 PM   #32
efpardo
Deep6

Drives: 2016 Camaro #182300 | 2SS | HBM
Send a message via Skype™ to efpardo
I definitely had a drone with my original Solo Mach XLT exhaust, but no longer since the J-Pipe installation. I'm very happy now. There are several options out there that don't have this drone. I've experienced the MRT and Corsa exhaust first hand - no drone and sound great too. That's the great thing about any car. You can do whatever you want.

My Journals:
Erick's Mistress - Violet 2016 2SS
#182300 | 2SS | HBM |
Erick’s Mistress - 2010 2LT
#8212 | 2LT | RS | CGM | Litho #165 |
efpardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:44 AM   #33
Amenti

Drives: 2017 1SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieNsky View Post
http://<embed width="448" height="36...e/Onramp.flv">http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ent=Onramp.flv
I am getting a noise/vibration sound from my lower dash. And no, it's not drone. Guess I need to take to the Chevy dealer. You can hear it the video.
Just used the windows movie player to create the vid. Will do an idle, which I really like(sounds like a Camaro, not a Ferrari), and post it with a drive by and a much better ( to say the least) cabin shot. Was seeing if photobucket would allow an up load of wmv as I can not find my editing disc. This was just a test. I slowed down before getting on the freeway and set the cruise. It is extremly quiet at cruise. Those Stainless Works Chambered mufflers are sweet!

I'm loving the exhaust note (and the price) from my Doug Thorley catback. There was a very annoying, plastic rattling sound coming from the interior of my cabin for the first couple of days, though. I thought it was coming from my center console until I adjusted my rearview mirror one day and the rattling stopped when I put my hand on it, then started again when I let go. I did one of those omg-is-this-really-the-cause things where I kept touching it and letting go, then touching it again. Yep, it was the mirror.

The DT gives a really smooth, deep tone that I'm loving. I don't mind that it resonates in the cabin a little. I'm taking a 3-hour road trip next weekend; so, I'll see if it's tolerable on longer trips.

Appearance Mods: RiderGraphix LS7 Front Fascia Blackout Vinyl, Gill Insert Vinyl, Rear Deck Lid Vinyl (Gloss Black), Gary's Customs Painted Bowties

Coming Soon: BMR Trailing Arms
Amenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:14 AM   #34
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Your cats are touching the protective metal plate man. Just take it to a mechanic and hammer it so it makes a good gap.

Also, make sure that you tight all the bolts well.