Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-26-2014, 10:11 PM   #1
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Anyone find a 12" enclosure for the passenger side similar to ********?

Hey guys,

I have an old system from my '94 Camaro that I haven't used in years. I've been wanting more thump so I figured I'd use the system I have, just need to get new enclosures and new wiring.

I have two Planet Audio 12" subs... probably low end subs. The amp is a Crunch USA Drive Series V-600 amp. The equipment is probably a solid 10 years old, but I'm just looking for some thump, not competition grade quality.

Does anyone know if there's a 12" enclosure for the passenger side of the trunk similar to ********'s driver side enclosure? Their driver side will hold a 12" sub, but their passenger side will only hold a 10" sub. I figure I have 2 12" subs, I might as well use both... right?

My understanding is since I have a non-BA system: all I have to do is tap into the speakers in the rear deck to connect to a LOC, plug the RCA plugs into the amp, power and ground, find a 12v switched source somewhere in the trunk (taillights? maybe wire a relay?) for the remote turn-on wire, and then wire to the speakers...

Anything else I should take into consideration? Anything I'm missing?

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 09:14 AM   #2
760bowtie

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS, 2018 Silverado CC
I'm not sure if a 12" enclosure would fit on the passenger's side due to the fuse panel that's on that side. Google zenclosures and you'll get a website that sells enclosures similar to the ******** one.

You're right as far as tapping into the rear speakers to connect a LOC. Check out this DIY if you don't want to splice into the factory wires.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191938

This thread is also good to check out.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213330

I original just had a 12" sub and amp in my car but when I upgraded the door and rear speakers I went this route to add a 4 channel amp.

For my remote turn-on wire I used an add-a-circuit and tapped into the #18 fuse in the fuse panel on the driver's side up front and ran it to the back.

Let me know if you have any more questions but it looks like you have most of it down.
760bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote