Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-13-2016, 12:51 AM   #29
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welker2 View Post
Funny you should say that, before buying mine, I used to say the same thing. These days, at least in this part of the country things appear (IMO) to have changed. 4-5 years ago, between those who owned them & rentals, when you drove through Vegas, Mustangs were everywhere. Now, it's Camaros. Last summer, we drove out to the Sky Walk over the Grand Canyon and I swear every 10th or so car we saw was Camaro (most of which I would guess were rentals) and we, maybe, saw 1/2 dozen Mustangs.
I would imagine I'll see more Camaro in the summer. I have about a 20 mile commute, and generally see 3 to 4 Mustang every day! I see maybe 3 - 4 Camaro per week right now...

Bought a brand new '96 mustang once. Worst car I ever owned! Ford has come a long way since then, but that still sticks with me...
Old 03-13-2016, 12:55 AM   #30
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
If you ever come up north of Ohio to Thompson drag strip send me a message, I wouldn't mind seeing what that car can do in a pass. Just let me know.
Old 03-13-2016, 01:03 AM   #31
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post
I would imagine I'll see more Camaro in the summer. I have about a 20 mile commute, and generally see 3 to 4 Mustang every day! I see maybe 3 - 4 Camaro per week right now...

Bought a brand new '96 mustang once. Worst car I ever owned! Ford has come a long way since then, but that still sticks with me...
Don't mean to side track the OPs thread, but I'm with you. I've always liked the looks of the Mustang (with the exception of a couple year models}. But several years ago I drove my brothers for week (while I was on leave) and, although I'm sure they've improved, it turned my off and even impacted my decision when I was looking for a new car (I did test drive a 2013)...not a good thing, but impressions do stick with you.

Last edited by Welker2; 03-13-2016 at 01:24 AM.
Welker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 01:19 AM   #32
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
i owned 3 s197's..convertable was a death trap...that live axle made the car handle like a pig..
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 03:07 AM   #33
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewpock View Post
Nice car I just picked up a new mustang. You got a good deal I paid like 4K more than that. I wish someone would hit and total my camaro so I could justify buying a C7 my camaro has been nothing but trouble.
It appears you have a 2015 SS. What problem(s) are you having with it?
Old 03-13-2016, 03:32 AM   #34
2Carats

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Congrats!!
Old 03-13-2016, 04:06 AM   #35
Bulldog3071

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
had one as a rental a few weeks ago what a great car, enjoy
Lakewood Strut Tower Brace, JBA Shorty Headers, JBA 8 MM Wires, Airaid TB Spacer, Phastek CAI Scoop, Washer Bottle Relocation Kit, Stainlees Steel Brake Lines, Brake Performance Slotted and Drilled Rotors, BMR Tunnel Brace, BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Subframe Connectors, Borla ATAK Muffelers, Z28 Wickerbill Spoiler, VTC, Bow Tie Delete, BMR Adjustable Front Swaybar, BMR End Link Kit, BMR Extreme Rear Anti-Roll Kit, Diablo I1000 "InTune"
Bulldog3071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 06:25 AM   #36
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
you get what you pay for

Old 03-13-2016, 08:06 AM   #37
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Congrats, huge upgrade compared to the V6, and you can do headers now. Best time to get a new car is when previous year models are just eating away dealership allotments.
Old 03-13-2016, 08:54 AM   #38
jimlem

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Hey OP,

Congrats. That is not only a great looking car (love the new tail-brake lamps) but the color is F-ing fantastic!!! Don't look at it as losing a Camaro, look at it as being lucky enough to own two of the nicest Pony Cars made this decade!

Don't disappear on us. You are in the unique position to translate the new Mustang 5.0 V8 as it compares/contrasts with various Camaro engines and models. Also, doing the same mods on each. Eg. How a CAI worked on the Camaro vs. how the same mod feels on the 5.0 etc. etc.

I am not talking high treason and asking you to tell us the new Ford secret handshake, but you could just share your subjective opinions on how each works and feels when doing the same mod. Or how each handles a tricky section of switch back curves that you drive a lot. Little things like that. I'd be interested in any such feedback you can give.

Again, beautiful car and great price. I think you did excellent on the deal. Enjoy and keep in touch!

Jim
jimlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 09:16 AM   #39
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
Got a good deal man

How does it drive?
NC_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 09:43 AM   #40
tritus

Drives: RIP Camaro/ 6g Mustang GT/Hellcat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welker2 View Post
Funny you should say that, before buying mine, I used to say the same thing. These days, at least in this part of the country things appear (IMO) to have changed. 4-5 years ago, between those who owned them & rentals, when you drove through Vegas, Mustangs were everywhere. Now, it's Camaros. Last summer, we drove out to the Sky Walk over the Grand Canyon (a couple hours outside Vegas) and I swear every 10th or so car we saw was Camaro (most of which I would guess were rentals) and we, maybe, saw 1/2 dozen Mustangs.
There are at least 10-15 5th gens around where I live. To be fair most of them are v6's tho . I think I am going to start bashing v6's not that I am getting a v8 lol. All kidding aside my 2LT was the best "new" car that 20k probably could buy. To the average person all models look the same but on the rare occasions where I lined up next to a ZL or a modded SS I would always give them a thumbs up.
tritus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 09:52 AM   #41
Stewpock

Drives: 2015 ss camaro, 2016 gt mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
It appears you have a 2015 SS. What problem(s) are you having with it?
1. The mylink system has been replaced due to defects. The mylink is currently broken again the screen is black but the radio and everything works other times it is just really dim

2. Had to replace the drivers side electric window motor. The window would either get stuck up or down.

3. Car was in the shop for a month for reduced power and stabilitrak warnings
4. Ambient lighting has gone out and speedometer and heads up display from time to time will go dim down to the point were in the day it's practically invisible.
5. Remote start doesn't work frequently the entire car doesn't want to start. Before I replaced the battery even though every place I took it said the battery was good I was having to have 2 -3 jump starts a month. Now it is only like once a month
6. And finally my check engine light will come on from time to time. The dealer says they can see it tripped but no reason why and to bring it back when it comes on.

I was having all of these issues before mods. My current mods aren't to hardcore jba catback exhaust, high flow cats, ported throttle body and roto fab cai. I have bought a lot of parts but I can't put them on the car because if I get a tune I know the dealer will blame them for all the problems. So my mods and camaro sit in the garage collecting dust.
Stewpock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 09:54 AM   #42
tritus

Drives: RIP Camaro/ 6g Mustang GT/Hellcat
For some reason every time I plan to test drive a new car there is always a rainstorm out there. I got to spend 10 mins behind wheel of the mustang and was not able to apply more than 20% throttle. The cabin is light years ahead of the 5th gen imho but not no HUD (that thing was a life saver on hway commutes). During that 10 min drive my wife kept complaining about how I somehow managed to find a car that feels even more cramped than the Camaro. The Coyote engine sounds amazing even in low rpm's. Ride quality felt a little better than my Camaro.

My full review will be coming later this week if it all goes well and I can get the car on Tuesday. The dealership I am working with is 500 miles away and they are going to send the car out here with a driver. My other option was waiting couple weeks and getting it delivered on a Truck but since I don't have a car that is not an option.

If someone is aware of a company that can do transfers on such short notice at a reasonable price please let me know! As I never owned a new car before I am not sure the 500 mile hway drive is going to effect the breaking in of the engine.
tritus is offline   Reply With Quote