Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-04-2011, 02:09 AM   #29
bigsquirrel
My car runs on acorns....

Drives: 2010 SS RS Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Don't hold your breath. I've been ALL over this for 2 YEARS, and no one else is even in the game. So yeah, it's gonna be a while before anyone else does these, and as far as the price goes, the look is EXACTLY what I pictured since I first envisioned them on my car so I have no problem. It all comes down to relevance. I see people pay stupid prices for something they put on their car.
Not stupid for them, because the mod was essential to them. You've probably done something to your car that I may think "You paid what"??
ALL I know is these SS's complete the look. It is absolutely the look I was looking for and any money spent to that end is well worth it. Oh, and IF another vendor does sell these eventually, they will NOT be WAY less unless they are cheap plastic, which I would not buy anyways.
It's more of a demand thing than anything else. In the grand scheme of things this is one of very few cars that have the SS badge right now and the only one with the "new style" ss. I know of at east one larger company that's finally getting around to these. I'd buy good plastic in a heartbeat. It'll last longer, that's why the stock bow tie's are made of it. Don't get me wrong I love them to. But I bought my billet shifter and Hurst lighted billet shifter plate for less than they charge for the front and rear emblems, it's insulting to me that they charge so much for something so simple. I'm not broke but I'm not stupid either.

2.9 Polished Whipple, Kooks LT 1 7/8 headers, HiFlow Cats, Kooks Sleeper catback, Cooling Mist Methanol Injection, PFADT Sport Sways, PFADT Springs, PFADT rear trailing arms, ADM intake, JDP stainless brake lines, Jegs Catch can, Stock SS wheels widened to 10 3/4, Hawks HPS Pads, Pedders Rear Subframe Bushing Inserts, BMR Center Brace, MSD BAP, AAC side markers, Emblem Pro's Custom Lighted Door Sills, Dash-Floor-Cupholder ABL lighting and other stuff....
bigsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:44 AM   #30
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquirrel View Post
I know of at east one larger company that's finally getting around to these. I'd buy good plastic in a heartbeat. It'll last longer, that's why the stock bow tie's are made of it. Don't get me wrong I love them to. But I bought my billet shifter and Hurst lighted billet shifter plate for less than they charge for the front and rear emblems, it's insulting to me that they charge so much for something so simple. I'm not broke but I'm not stupid either.
The stock SS's are plastic because it is cheaper. I'm not sure why you think plastic will last longer, but I just don't see your reasoning. One good rock coming up could crack plastic very easily. As far as the money, it's not stupid to someone who believes the mod is essential to them. One last thing, shouldn't be a secret so who is this company that is coming out with them?
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:11 AM   #31
kennyo

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper Blue
I think it would come down to seeing the 2 different types side by side,but I could see buying the cheaper plastic at a more reasonable price.This is all probably a moot point for me tho,unless I see something else in the next 2-4 weeks,sparksrestoration will be getting my cash.

Last edited by kennyo; 07-04-2011 at 12:51 PM.
kennyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 05:45 PM   #32
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyo View Post
This is all probably a moot point for me tho,unless I see something else in the next 2-4 weeks,sparksrestoration will be getting my cash.
Yep, like I said. It won't be soon at all that another company has these out, much less have them cheaper. It just ain't gonna happen, at least not for a good while anyways.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:49 AM   #33
mazin_23
CAM_ARO

Drives: 2010 rally yellow
@chad ss: u should have put a matt black vinyl at the rear. to make the rear badge look more cooler than now....
mazin_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:34 PM   #34
camaro52010
Camaro4ever

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS, 1978 Z28 Camaro

Love the Bow Tie................on the trunk
Old 07-06-2011, 04:56 PM   #35
starman

Drives: 2010 SS - LS3 - CGM
Sparks is well worth the price. Quality materials and very good manufacturing. And the bottom line is you aren't going to find anything else like them.

Injen Long-tube CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, Eagle Eye Headlights w/HIDs,
Sparks SS emblems, Unrestricted Motorsports Gen1 Spoiler, Vossen CV3 Wheels, Nitto Invos (275/40-20)x4

starman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:03 PM   #36
Chad's ZL1
THERAPY

Drives: Red Rock Metallic ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazin_23 View Post
@chad ss: u should have put a matt black vinyl at the rear. to make the rear badge look more cooler than now....
Vinyl belongs on your house...not your ride!
Chad's ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote