Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 08-23-2011, 11:21 PM   #1
RedRocketSS
BSHU

Drives: 2011 Red Jewel SS
Service Airbag?

Really weird... I started up my car today after letting it sit at work for about an hour. None of the radio lights came on and on the dash it said service air bag. I turned the car off and back on and everything was fine.

Think this is anything I should have checked out or just a little quirk?
Old 08-23-2011, 11:50 PM   #2
~Stacy~
Banned

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocketSS View Post
Really weird... I started up my car today after letting it sit at work for about an hour. None of the radio lights came on and on the dash it said service air bag. I turned the car off and back on and everything was fine.

Think this is anything I should have checked out or just a little quirk?
I apparently had the same issue with my air bag light on. My dealer noticed it apparently after my car sat with them for two weeks while the new heater core was being put in. I was never told of the issue but it's on my paperwork I received when I got my car back. They switched my airbag coil and the light went away. I never had any issues with the light but after ripping out the entire dash in my car I guess you can suspect a few problems to arise.
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:50 AM   #3
Bluestreak 2010

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro LS
Mine recently came on for what I can figure is no apparent reason. It started coming on right after I drove on a gravel road and then parked in some grass @ my company picnic. Unfortunately, mine is still coming on every time I turn my car on, so its going in for service today. Hopefully it is something simple. *fingers crossed*
Bluestreak 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:58 AM   #4
Forza
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS CGM
OP: I had the same issue after my wife (she is short) drove the Camaro one day.

The service airbag indicator came on after she moved the driver seat forward. After doing some research I found out that a wire harness could possibly become loose under the driver seat.

Once I moved the seat back to my normal position, the service lights went away and never came back.

My recommendation is to "wiggle" the wires under the seat next time it happens, or move the seat back slightly.
Forza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:11 PM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
RedRocket, hopefully the issue was a one time thing but if it comes back on I would suggest speaking with your dealer to make sure everything is working properly. Bluestreak, keep us updated on how it goes for you with your dealer.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:34 PM   #6
Bluestreak 2010

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Bluestreak, keep us updated on how it goes for you with your dealer.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service

Just got the call about ten minutes ago saying the issue had been fixed. They didn't say on the phone what was wrong, but I'll see if I can find anything out when I go to pick it up later this evening. Thanks for the concern!
Bluestreak 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:54 PM   #7
RedRocketSS
BSHU

Drives: 2011 Red Jewel SS
Thanks

I havent adjusted the seat or anything since Ive got the car. Well see if it happens again. Hopefully not. My stomach notted up after and I was like WTF is this lol.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:17 PM   #8
JCO2185
RIDING ON AIR

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Summit White
mine just started doing this yesterday. My girlfriend was in the passenger seat, so maybe its something on that side. But the service airbag light came on, then went off, and repeated about 20 more times....guess its time to take it in for a look just to be safe

--John--2010 Camaro 2LT/RS, Summit White
Air Ride Suspension, BBK Longtube Headers, Hi-Flo cats, Doug Thorley catback exhaust, Elite Catch-Can, Airraid CAI, Trifecta tune, ZL1 front end with Phantom grille, ZL1 side skirts, MRR228 graphite wheels
JCO2185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:11 PM   #9
2SS BUMBLBE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Stacy~ View Post
I apparently had the same issue with my air bag light on. My dealer noticed it apparently after my car sat with them for two weeks while the new heater core was being put in. I was never told of the issue but it's on my paperwork I received when I got my car back. They switched my airbag coil and the light went away. I never had any issues with the light but after ripping out the entire dash in my car I guess you can suspect a few problems to arise.
Just a history on my heater core experience. If you lost any coolant into the passenger cabin, get them to pull the carpet, clean the floor pans, and put new carpet in. I had one replaced out of warranty and skipped the carpet replacement, and I can still smell the coolant at times, and the carpet still has a greasy feel to it. Good luck!
2SS BUMBLBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:18 PM   #10
camaro52010
Camaro4ever

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS, 1978 Z28 Camaro
can be loose wire under passenger seat. can be memory re flash required to reduce sensitivity, there is a TSB, pulling airbag fuse for 1 minute will reset the light
Old 01-28-2012, 11:29 PM   #11
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro52010 View Post
...pulling airbag fuse for 1 minute will reset the light
Thanks for the tips. BTW, where is the airbag fuse?
Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:46 PM   #12
Les7311

Drives: 2017 Zl1 (M6)
Send a message via Yahoo to Les7311
light came on mine after 1200 new miles on car.....gggrrrrrrr
Les7311 is offline   Reply With Quote