Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Jason 98 TA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2018, 12:10 AM   #1
gdheri
 
Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 337
seller be beware of buyer SIMCamaro2SS

hey all beware of this buyer SIMCamaro2SS. I sold him an item and he even received the item. he confirmed by text message that he got it. Now he is filling dispute with paypal that he never got the item. Just be carefull to many frauds here
gdheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 07:33 AM   #2
Deputy347k9
 
Deputy347k9's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Havelock, NC
Posts: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdheri View Post
hey all beware of this buyer SIMCamaro2SS. I sold him an item and he even received the item. he confirmed by text message that he got it. Now he is filling dispute with paypal that he never got the item. Just be carefull to many frauds here
I just attempted to locate this seller on EBay under "user" name SIMCamaro2SS and came up with nothing? Do you have the correct spelling of the "user" name?

If I locate the user then I can add him to my list of individuals not to sell item to or purchase items from.

Thanks and good luck
Larry
__________________
Deputy347k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 08:29 AM   #3
TheInfamouSS
 
TheInfamouSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 221
i have seen this happen far too often now... Less and less people are falling for the only accepting money order or paypal friends and family scams, so now people have been buying products and then filing the dispute with paypal (only to re-sell them I guess?).

I hope that everything gets resolved on your end. Hopefully that text message that you have with his phone number can be traced back to the name on his paypal account and you won't have to worry about anything of this mess.

I have recently learned if you are shipping out stuff and you have never dealt with the buyer before, request an adult signature with the package that way there is verification of the buyer receiving the merchandise.
TheInfamouSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:32 AM   #4
polizzio
 
polizzio's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy347k9 View Post
I just attempted to locate this seller on EBay under "user" name SIMCamaro2SS and came up with nothing? Do you have the correct spelling of the "user" name?

If I locate the user then I can add him to my list of individuals not to sell item to or purchase items from.

Thanks and good luck
Larry
That's his username here on the forum. I just advanced searched and found him.
polizzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:32 AM   #5
gdheri
 
Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 337
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy347k9 View Post
I just attempted to locate this seller on EBay under "user" name SIMCamaro2SS and came up with nothing? Do you have the correct spelling of the "user" name?

If I locate the user then I can add him to my list of individuals not to sell item to or purchase items from.

Thanks and good luck
Larry
He’s is here on camaro5.com. I sold him injectors
gdheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:39 AM   #6
polizzio
 
polizzio's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdheri View Post
He’s is here on camaro5.com. I sold him injectors
Post negative feedback on him and explain what happened. That will be the end of him here, buying and selling.
polizzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:56 AM   #7
TheWood
 
Drives: 2013 SS
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Brownwood
Posts: 106
Is there a way we can block people by IP address or anything to keep them from just opening a new account?
__________________
2011 L99
CAI, SE LTs, 3.91 gears

2013 L99
3.91 gears, OBX LT, CAI, NO 100 shot, BMR Toe Rods, trailing arms. SOLD
TheWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 12:03 PM   #8
csmith4153
 
csmith4153's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1SS
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 420
Always send items with "signature required"
That's stops these scumbags from filing a "not received" dispute.
__________________
csmith4153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 03:57 PM   #9
Deputy347k9
 
Deputy347k9's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Havelock, NC
Posts: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith4153 View Post
Always send items with "signature required"
That's stops these scumbags from filing a "not received" dispute.
It truly saddens me that this kind of rubbing goes on. Over the years I have sold and purchased many items from other forum members, here and especially the Impala SS Forum. Not once have I have not trusted a fellow member. Of course before dealing I do always check out their posts, there are time you can tell how someone expresses them selves that causes the hair on the back of your neck to stand up straight.

Recently I purchased a Gen5 Camaro Convertible GM inside/outside car cover from fellow Forum member "Stewart". Was such an enjoyable transaction. Not only did I purchase a wonderful cover I enjoyed our messaging back and forth and I am sure we will talk again!

One scam like this guy and he should be banned from the Forum. Remember if they do it once the scamps become much easier there after!
__________________
Deputy347k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 05:01 PM   #10
gm2376
 
gm2376's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black 2ss Camaro SS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Macomb Twp, MI
Posts: 616
did you provide tracking? if it shows delivered, paypal should side with you.
__________________
ZL1 10 spokes,LS3 Conversion,ECS Supercharger, BTR Trunion Upgrade, B&M Tranny Cooler, Vigilante 3600 Triple Disc TC,Katech Ported Heads, Rod Mod Intake, Comp Stage 3 cam,ATI Super Dampner, Pfadt Springs, Pfadt front and rear sway bars,Pfadt Trailing arms and toe rods,ZL1 rear diff, SW Long Tubes no cats,Bo White Throttle Body, Dr Phil Tune,GHL Cat back, Elite Catch Can, 20% Tint all around
gm2376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 05:41 PM   #11
DrLove38
 
DrLove38's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Black SS/RS
Join Date: May 2017
Location: West Texas
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm2376 View Post
did you provide tracking? if it shows delivered, paypal should side with you.
As will eBay
DrLove38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 06:20 PM   #12
Royal Tiger
Sd Kfz 182
 
Royal Tiger's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS L99 GFX Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 2,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy347k9 View Post
It truly saddens me that this kind of rubbing goes on. Over the years I have sold and purchased many items from other forum members, here and especially the Impala SS Forum. Not once have I have not trusted a fellow member. Of course before dealing I do always check out their posts, there are time you can tell how someone expresses them selves that causes the hair on the back of your neck to stand up straight.

Recently I purchased a Gen5 Camaro Convertible GM inside/outside car cover from fellow Forum member "Stewart". Was such an enjoyable transaction. Not only did I purchase a wonderful cover I enjoyed our messaging back and forth and I am sure we will talk again!

One scam like this guy and he should be banned from the Forum. Remember if they do it once the scamps become much easier there after!
Stewart is a cool guy. Wish I had a pic of our convertibles sitting together when I bought the tonneau cover from him.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 07:39 PM   #13
csmith4153
 
csmith4153's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1SS
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm2376 View Post
did you provide tracking? if it shows delivered, paypal should side with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLove38 View Post
As will eBay
Just a tracking number showing delivered will not win that case.
You need the signature showing that a person at that address accepted the package.
__________________
csmith4153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 07:43 PM   #14
gdheri
 
Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 337
Delivered

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith4153 View Post
Just a tracking number showing delivered will not win that case.
You need the signature showing that a person at that address accepted the package.
I also have text messages from him saying he got the package
gdheri is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.