Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 05-13-2012, 10:31 AM   #15
Bad70supreme

Drives: 2010 aqua blue SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
I like the interior far better than the Camaro. That said, I have never liked the exterior, even on the original Challengers, when I worked for Chrysler, and we built them.
Are you for real, the interior looks like a normal sedan. It's boring as he'll, take the seats out and it would feel like your driving an optima. I really think the Camaro design is much better, but it lacks in material used.... The style of it is much better though!
Old 05-13-2012, 10:36 AM   #16
11TexaSS

Drives: 2011RedJewel, FI
Great looking car but Diamler Chrysler as a car maker has a horrible record for satisfaction. I looked at the SRT8 also before going with the SS and decided it wasn't worth the risk. I hear about the build issues all the time. My family mechanic says he's worked on a few and other then the engines and trans they're put together crappy.
11TexaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:45 AM   #17
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
if I were getting a truck, would have to go F-series. not really a fan of Ford, but they've been building the best trucks forever.

but yea, a ram is pretty good truck.
Dodge does make the best looking truck. Most trucks today are just ugly boxes.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:48 AM   #18
shrinkdoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltrane View Post
Aren't their computers locked down so they can't be tuned? That is a major reason I wouldn't buy one. How do you mod them if you can't tune them?
No such thing as locked if you have the code. It can be hacked like anything and the retuned. Willing to bet there are already after market tunes out now.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:49 AM   #19
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
I've owned both, Camaro excites me alot more. They do look nice though, but just didn't have the excitement factor for me. Just looked and felt "cool" in it...
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #20
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad70supreme View Post
Are you for real, the interior looks like a normal sedan. It's boring as he'll, take the seats out and it would feel like your driving an optima. I really think the Camaro design is much better, but it lacks in material used.... The style of it is much better though!
The Camaro interior is the worst of the Camaro, Mustang or Challenger. And in the Challenger, you have seatbelts for 3. A great plus when you have kids. Just look at all the complaints you hear from all quarters about the Camaro bland interior.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:53 AM   #21
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Caroline View Post
Opposite for me. I'd buy the 5.0 sooner. Dodge just never figured out the longevity thing. They don't last and they have many problems in their life, not to mention the poor build quality. I was at a dodge dealer lookin at thr challenger (just for kicks) and I noticed it had a crooked tail light, so I went amd look and 3 others had one or both tail lights crooked, which to me is unacceptable. Dodge builds a great looking car.... Just time to build a better car. That charger

Other than their trucks (which I believe are still built by Mercedes). Their trucks are great quality and very dependable. It would be awesome if they could figure it out with the cars.
I agree on the Chrysler longevity issue. That is why I got rid of my PT Cruiser and bought a Honda. Constant electical problems, and even when it is a recurring issue, once the warranty is gone, they say tough luck.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:10 AM   #22
linc400

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th anniversary convert
I bought my Camaro because of the quality issues with the Challenger, but more importantly, because there was no Challenger convertible. If there was, I would have done a lot more comparing before I bought.

Personally, I don't see the point in ragging on either the Challenger or Mustang. Those plus the Camaro are the only interesting cars being built today. The rest are uninspired 4 door blandmobiles. And I am much more concerned with import vs. domestic rivalry than rivalry between domestics. Having to compete with 4 door bland imports is why the big 3 can't spend more time developing and perfecting real cars for car enthusiasts.

If the Camaro was not available, I would have bought a Challenger or Mustang. If those were not available, then I probably would have bought a used Monte Carlo SS or Grand Prix coupe before I bought any new 4 door boring crap.
linc400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:11 AM   #23
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkdoc View Post
I was at a Dodge Dealer today and decided to try a Chall. srt8.
A 6.4 hemi with 470hp with a stick. Drove it for only about 10 or 15 min. Here is my quick review. The seats are narrower and the bottom part you sit on is shorter than our camaros, but the seats were pretty comfortable and hard with more lower back support than ours. The clutch pedal was more shallow too, seems like about 2in. less pedal travel. Took a min or two to get used to after getting out of my car. Never got the car past 3rd gear and never got no where near opening it up but could easily tell the car had lots of ooommmph.
Since ot wasnt my car and and I couldn't really test it much more than that we headed back to the lot. Bodywise this a nice looking car for sure. I give this car a thumbs up.
I test drove a Neon SXT. I gave it two thumbs .
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:11 AM   #24
SS ORANGE CRUSH SS

Drives: Inferno Orange 2SS RS Convertible
Challenger tail lights are cool. They also need a convertible. Like the horse power rating from the 392. Retro look well done.

Camaro all the way!!! (self explanatory).
Old 05-13-2012, 11:53 AM   #25
shrinkdoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
I agree on the Chrysler longevity issue. That is why I got rid of my PT Cruiser and bought a Honda. Constant electical problems, and even when it is a recurring issue, once the warranty is gone, they say tough luck.
I had a Dodge 2 cars ago. Rock solid and pretty trouble free. Kept it for 172k miles.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #26
shrinkdoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by linc400 View Post
I bought my Camaro because of the quality issues with the Challenger, but more importantly, because there was no Challenger convertible. If there was, I would have done a lot more comparing before I bought.

Personally, I don't see the point in ragging on either the Challenger or Mustang. Those plus the Camaro are the only interesting cars being built today. The rest are uninspired 4 door blandmobiles. And I am much more concerned with import vs. domestic rivalry than rivalry between domestics. Having to compete with 4 door bland imports is why the big 3 can't spend more time developing and perfecting real cars for car enthusiasts.

If the Camaro was not available, I would have bought a Challenger or Mustang. If those were not available, then I probably would have bought a used Monte Carlo SS or Grand Prix coupe before I bought any new 4 door boring crap.
I feel the same way....If the 3 cars were not available I would have got something used like a Monte Carlo ss. The only other car left with some style.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:03 PM   #27
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
I'm still holding out for the 'Cuda. But, if the super charged SRT Challenger makes it to the street......I may be tempted.
And I have no issue with owning a Ford either. Many times I have looked into GT's ,Cobra's etc. Ford has come a long way. I am a GM man at heart...but if the right car comes along, I'll buy it.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:05 PM   #28
SIRLOIN
Banned

Drives: Ms. Daisy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post
I'm still holding out for the 'Cuda.
Is there any spy photos or renditions of the new Cuda?
SIRLOIN is offline   Reply With Quote