Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-31-2009, 12:00 AM   #1
wlvrine

Drives: 2013 HW Edition
Check list for the big day

Aside from the usual "inspection" ie, dents, dings, scratches etc etc....What do you think are some of the big things to look for when you receive your new baby???
Battery cables problem was corrected ( to avoid shorting out)
mirrors inplace and intact
RS package...if it was ordered.
Right color

Anything else???
Mine should be here soon...10249!!!
wlvrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 12:05 AM   #2
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Take your time and go over everything don't rush to drive off. Take plenty of pics and share!

You also want to look at the body panels and doors. Make sure alignment is good. The front fascia on the sides where the turn signals are, that should be just about perfect. Also the hood look at it and it should be a perfect horse shoe, look at the gaps on both sides should be even. Same with doors.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 12:34 AM   #3
Number_9

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
To Vash's list I would add, check the wheels for correctness and no damage, confirm the interior matches and is tear free. Try to look at everything from a couple of different angles, as the lighting may impact you seeing scratches or minor dents/dings. I would literally go over every single inch...

Most importantly is to understand you are gonna be *jazzed* and therefore more likely to overlook something. Take someone with you. Let them know beforehand that they should not let you leave until you've gone over the car thoroughly, but also get them to go over the car thoroughly once or twice too. Different eyes see different things. I am taking my wife and a friend from work.

Also, the people that go with you can be reviewing the outside/inside of the car, while your inside finalizing the deal. Right before you sign anything, you step back outside to confirm what/if anything has been found. All good? Sign the papers... some thing(s) been found - note each item as "to be repaired at dealer's expense" on anything/everything you sign.... or, if the list is too long, don't accept the car (yeah, right! as if that's an option!)

Number_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 01:38 AM   #4
lordfriday2
Proud Owner!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Send a message via AIM to lordfriday2
bring a camera... i sure didn't.. lol
lordfriday2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:35 AM   #5
SSmoke

Drives: 2SS IBM m6 / 04 Nissan Titan
Send a message via AIM to SSmoke Send a message via Yahoo to SSmoke
good ideas...i may be going alone if it gets delivered during the week, but if not I'll take my buddy from work. Either way, my friends uncle works at the dealership so I'm sure he'll take care of me too
SSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:28 AM   #6
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
all good ideas, but take in mind its a new a car its not a used car there should be any problems. Big thing would be to make sure you got what you ordered and any damage
Old 05-31-2009, 09:55 AM   #7
Number_9

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfriday2 View Post
bring a camera... i sure didn't.. lol
+1. Camera phones are great but don't usually make good print's or keepsakes. I've got my Canon with my paperwork. Sadly, I take them both with me wherever I go... so that I'm ready to rock no matter when I get "the call". If need be, I can be at that dealership in 20 minutes or less from anywhere in this metroplex.

Number_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:58 AM   #8
lakersftbl69

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlvrine View Post
Aside from the usual "inspection" ie, dents, dings, scratches etc etc....What do you think are some of the big things to look for when you receive your new baby???
Battery cables problem was corrected ( to avoid shorting out)
mirrors inplace and intact
RS package...if it was ordered.
Right color

Anything else???
Mine should be here soon...10249!!!
ya speaking of color the dealer did screw mine up its suppose to cgm but it rjt. i wasnt really mad i mean its still an excellent looking color on the car and i just want my car so bad. im alset with waiting a couple more months for them to make another one
lakersftbl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:39 AM   #9
wlvrine

Drives: 2013 HW Edition
Great advice, and a lot of things I didn't even think about.
From what my dealers told me, last week when it was invoiced, I "should" be getting it this week.
I'll let you know.
Thanks again,
W
wlvrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:46 AM   #10
Batmaro

Drives: Black Camaro SS/RS
If you don't want a dealer sticker and/or front plate bracket, ask them not to install them before the car gets there.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:02 AM   #11
hb-rocks

Drives: Chevy
Depends on how anal you wanna get.....!
Some folk don't want the dealer touching their new car because of the rail-dust contamination issue causing swirl marks in the clear-coat.
Lot of the Zaino Car polish crowd follow this order of thinking
See this post if you wanna prep your own car...(be sure and tell your dealer not to prep it)
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41760

Here's some items you may want to consider or make a check list of.

* See if they will give you a copy of the pre-delivery service check sheet.

* Check the operation of all equipment--especially any items that the dealer may have added.
* Check for dents, scratches or mismatched paint. Even brand new cars can have paint defects.
* Check the interior--fabric, carpeting and make sure that you look up at the headliner.
* Make sure that the owners manual, service schedule, and warranty book are with the car.
* Review procedures for the service department--how appointments are handled and who to contact if you need service.
* Check over all of the financial papers and the sales contract. Make sure that they match the figures that you and the dealership agreed on. Confirm that no additional items (and costs) have been added.
hb-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:19 AM   #12
camarossrs2150

Drives: abm2ssrs
gas
Old 06-02-2009, 07:43 AM   #13
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Price.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:52 AM   #14
TomServo

Drives: 2007 Z06
Make sure you have the "Fix O Flat" kit. Many C5 Z06 owners discovered they were missing their kits (no run flat tires on the C5 Z06 just the goop and air compressor in a littleblack box) were missing.
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote