Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-06-2009, 03:26 PM   #1
scotchsride09
It's STARSCREAM!!!

Drives: 2003 Nissan Frontier S/C DR
Dealers-- please help?

Ok, so I have several questions for any of the dealers on here/ all of the dealers on here. I'd like to order through one of you since you guys seem to have your heads on straight-- you're making the effort to come online and learn about this car.

Here's my situation. I'm putting out feelers for this because I need the information and if I have to save up a deposit I'd like to get started. I don't know for sure that I'll be able to afford a Camaro by the end of the year; but sometime after September I expect to be able to. I want to order NOW if it ends up being possible (sometime between today and March 16th) because:
a.) I want my Camaro to be a pre-order designated model
b.) If I don't there's no guarantee I'll get one this year, or in the 2010 model year even.

The bottom line to this is I'd like to order now but I'm ok with waiting until October, November, or even December to take delivery. However, I do want my car built as a 2010 model. So my question is: What happens if I order now; and can't keep the car when it arrives? Would I still get back my deposit, would there be any penalty, etc.? Is there any way I CAN order now with delivery very late in the year?

And then my next question is how much would it cost to have your dealership drop-ship the car to a local dealer if I couldn't come pick it up (though that would be ideal depending on your location). And of course, how much is your deposit, do you have any "allocation" left that would even make this possible, price, etc.

I know nobody might have the answers to these questions, but if you read this and think we might be able to work together, please PM me! If it won't work, please let me know that too! I'd really appreciate it

Right now it's an '03 Nissan Frontier Supercharged Desert Runner I call Starscream.

On order is a 1SS/ RS IBM with Black Rally Stripes, Beige Interior, manual transmission and a sunroof! Oh, and a stereo upgrade too! Ordered from CamaroScotty in WI. How will I get my baby home?
scotchsride09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:44 PM   #2
scotchsride09
It's STARSCREAM!!!

Ok, I'm guessing from the absolute silence on this one that it can't be done. Thanks anyway

Right now it's an '03 Nissan Frontier Supercharged Desert Runner I call Starscream.

On order is a 1SS/ RS IBM with Black Rally Stripes, Beige Interior, manual transmission and a sunroof! Oh, and a stereo upgrade too! Ordered from CamaroScotty in WI. How will I get my baby home?
Old 02-08-2009, 09:48 PM   #3
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
If you order now and you want to make sure that yours is a MY2010 Camaro, then you need to find a dealer with allocations remaining for the 2010 model year. This will not be hard to do because there are plenty of dealers with such allocations available, especially if GM wants to exceed 80k in production with only 11k orders placed so far.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:47 AM   #4
scotchsride09
It's STARSCREAM!!!

Thanks Blur... my big question was mostly what happens if I order the car and then when it's delivered I can't afford it?

Also, if there's any way to order now with a later build/ delivery date... ie, I don't want my car til as late in the year as possible.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:55 AM   #5
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
If you order now and you want to make sure that yours is a MY2010 Camaro, then you need to find a dealer with allocations remaining for the 2010 model year. This will not be hard to do because there are plenty of dealers with such allocations available, especially if GM wants to exceed 80k in production with only 11k orders placed so far.
I thought the allocations they have now is not through Model Year 2010 but just through October 2009. At least that is what my Dealer says, In October 2009 he will know what his allocations are for the rest of MY 2010.
Remember this is going to be an extended 2010 model year for the Camaro.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:57 AM   #6
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
What most dealerships will do is hold your deposit until the vehicle sell s to someone else. From a business standpoint, I'm sure they will try to "qualify" you as a buyer before using one of their very limited allocations to place an order for a car you configured to your liking, rather than the safe bet of black on black 2SS...
Old 02-09-2009, 10:29 AM   #7
c0rsa180

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS IOM
I'm kind of in the same boat as you scotch, I wasnt planning on buying the car untill October but seeing as I recently smashed up my current car I'm going to need to purchase the car now, but I really dont mind if the car doesnt come in til October...I'm not too worried about not being able to afford the car seeing as I'm about 3/4 the way towards my downpayment goal and I dont see any problems with me making it to 10k in 6 months...

I also have a question as to how the drop shipping works/how much it costs...I know the car is shipped to a local dealer and I would pick it up from there, but how does the whole process work?
c0rsa180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:30 AM   #8
scotchsride09
It's STARSCREAM!!!

Thanks for the replies and info, everyone...

If anyone else has any more info for Corsa or myself, please pitch in!!!

Old 02-09-2009, 10:32 AM   #9
The_Blur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
I thought the allocations they have now is not through Model Year 2010 but just through October 2009. At least that is what my Dealer says, In October 2009 he will know what his allocations are for the rest of MY 2010.
Remember this is going to be an extended 2010 model year for the Camaro.
You are also correct. What we don't know is how many cars are allotted for before 2010 total, and how many total cars GM is going to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotchsride09 View Post
Thanks Blur... my big question was mostly what happens if I order the car and then when it's delivered I can't afford it?

Also, if there's any way to order now with a later build/ delivery date... ie, I don't want my car til as late in the year as possible.
Don't place your order until you can afford the car. With this being a high-volume car, you should be able to get your order, but going into bankruptcy isn't worth getting the model year you want.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:52 AM   #10
scotchsride09
It's STARSCREAM!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post

Don't place your order until you can afford the car. With this being a high-volume car, you should be able to get your order, but going into bankruptcy isn't worth getting the model year you want.

Believe me, I'm not being stupid about this. I'm getting a raise sometime this year, and the only reason I won't be able to afford the car towards the end of '09 is if my company folds for some reason. It's not that I think that will happen, it's just that I want to make sure that I have all my bases covered, if that makes sense? That's why I'm trying to find out what will happen if I can't take it once it gets delivered.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:01 AM   #11
The_Blur

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotchsride09 View Post
Believe me, I'm not being stupid about this. I'm getting a raise sometime this year, and the only reason I won't be able to afford the car towards the end of '09 is if my company folds for some reason. It's not that I think that will happen, it's just that I want to make sure that I have all my bases covered, if that makes sense? That's why I'm trying to find out what will happen if I can't take it once it gets delivered.
In that case, it's good that you're thinking ahead. You don't have to take delivery once it arrives at the dealership, although I am sure that they won't hold it forever. I'd ask the dealer what their policy is without letting on that you're placing an order.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:02 AM   #12
scotchsride09
It's STARSCREAM!!!

Thanks!