Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-23-2019, 04:38 PM   #15
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
That’s kinda what I was thinking, all Camaros on the track at one time which is cool with me. I haven’t signed up yet. How did you go about signing up with them? I realize you just put the club in at the time of registration but I guess what I’m saying is did you just contact the Southern Utah club and ask if you could sign up or?? I would like to sign up with a Camaro group purely for the above reason. I don’t really care much about the $25 that’s just an added bonus.

I’ve actually been close to doing the Richard Petty experience a couple time but it never seems to work out for one reason or another. Ive the chance at Charlotte, Dover, and the old Disney world speedway. One of these days for sure.
I contacted the gal organizing the run with the Utah club and she said that would be great. She just needs a little bit of information to get you on the list. I sent you a PM.
Danial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 08:44 PM   #16
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
This might be kinda far for y’all, but people drive from all over the country for this premier event. It’s only sponsored by the Corvette community and there’s about 25% non Corvette attendees. Speeds reach levels they ask you not to openly publish. It’s easy to imagine cars can get pretty spread out on a 2 1/2 mile track. The banking is unbelievable, especially at triple digit speeds.

Name:  736500F3-C5B0-4AC6-9E3B-4A759F08C21D.jpeg
Views: 381
Size:  210.9 KB

Name:  869EA8B7-54FA-4CFC-86B4-35656794D60E.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  129.6 KB
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 09:00 PM   #17
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
I know talladega is banked similarly to Daytona, when I did the track tour in Daytona they said said it requires a minimum of 95 mph to stay on the banking. I’m sure that they are getting around pretty nice in that event. One day I’ll do that one too.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 09:09 PM   #18
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
[QUOTE=SquawkVFR;10667036]This might be kinda far for y’all, but people drive from all over the country for this premier event. It’s only sponsored by the Corvette community and there’s about 25% non Corvette attendees. Speeds reach levels they ask you not to openly publish. It’s easy to imagine cars can get pretty spread out on a 2 1/2 mile track. The banking is unbelievable, especially at triple digit speeds.

That looks pretty bad ass.
Danial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 08:01 AM   #19
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Quote:
I know talladega is banked similarly to Daytona, when I did the track tour in Daytona they said said it requires a minimum of 95 mph to stay on the banking. I’m sure that they are getting around pretty nice in that event. One day I’ll do that one too.
It’s 33%. Not quite 95...but 70ish and below feels like you’re fighting it that’s for sure. One time some fool slowed to 50 to try and get some space to “Make a run”, we made it around ok but it felt so weird and crazy...

(For the record. The Talladega track officials told that guy to leave the premises. You don’t get any warnings at that track event.).
Old 11-25-2019, 09:27 AM   #20
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
It’s 33%. Not quite 95...but 70ish and below feels like you’re fighting it that’s for sure. One time some fool slowed to 50 to try and get some space to “Make a run”, we made it around ok but it felt so weird and crazy...

(For the record. The Talladega track officials told that guy to leave the premises. You don’t get any warnings at that track event.).
Those bastards lied to me! I’ve done the Daytona tour twice but both times were over 10 years ago, I’m sure I’m remembering it wrong. Seems like there always has to be one in every crowd that does stupid shiz like that.
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:41 AM   #21
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

[QUOTE=Danial;10667048]
Quote:
This might be kinda far for y’all, but people drive from all over the country for this premier event. It’s only sponsored by the Corvette community and there’s about 25% non Corvette attendees. Speeds reach levels they ask you not to openly publish. It’s easy to imagine cars can get pretty spread out on a 2 1/2 mile track. The banking is unbelievable, especially at triple digit speeds.

That looks pretty bad ass.
It’s very badass. I wish I could do Vegas.

Quote:
Those bastards lied to me! I’ve done the Daytona tour twice but both times were over 10 years ago, I’m sure I’m remembering it wrong. Seems like there always has to be one in every crowd that does stupid shiz like that.

Nah, the weren’t lying to you, just trying to make sure you kept your speeds up because low speed on the banks definitely feels uneasy.

It’s definitely awesome...I could talk about it longer than anyone wants to hear about it, but it is the single best event I ever do in my car.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:54 AM   #22
Aqua Blue RS/SS

[QUOTE=SquawkVFR;10667373]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danial View Post

It’s very badass. I wish I could do Vegas.

Nah, the weren’t lying to you, just trying to make sure you kept your speeds up because low speed on the banks definitely feels uneasy.

It’s definitely awesome...I could talk about it longer than anyone wants to hear about it, but it is the single best event I ever do in my car.
Do you bring your Camaro? I may try and go to this one next year if I can swing to the time off for a road trip. I know I can get passed fort smith ark. In one day, that’s roughly the half way point when I drive home to Virginia. That is about an 1800 mile drive and I regularly do it in 2 days. I think I could be to talladega in a day and a half if my wife doesn’t drink much along the way. I’ve got a bunch of family around Birmingham I haven’t seen in a while so maybe I could kill two birds with one stone.

Last edited by Aqua Blue RS/SS; 11-25-2019 at 12:10 PM.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:32 PM   #23
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

[QUOTE=Aqua Blue RS/SS;10667390]
Quote:

Do you bring your Camaro? I may try and go to this one next year if I can swing to the time off for a road trip. I know I can get passed fort smith ark. In one day, that’s roughly the half way point when I drive home to Virginia. That is about an 1800 mile drive and I regularly do it in 2 days. I think I could be to talladega in a day and a half if my wife doesn’t drink much along the way. I’ve got a bunch of family around Birmingham I haven’t seen in a while so maybe I could kill two birds with one stone.
Yes, the Camaro. You won’t regret it...