Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 01-31-2014, 05:54 PM   #15
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbss1 View Post
Have you guys installed your superchargers yourself or did you have a shop do it? I did all the work on my car myself, except the ring and pinion. L/t headers full exhaust, MGR shifter, full BMR suspension with cradle poly bushing, CAI, just the bolt on stuff, and a tune from Jannetty racing. I'm thing of buying a supercharger next year. want to do the install myself. Never worked on these LS motors worked on the older Chevy s/b. crank, cam, head install. Just want to get your guys take on a DIY. Yes or no? If I do buy, it will most likely be from Jannetty racing. Thanks.
I installed the SLP Maggie style supercharger on my car and if you take your time and follow the directions which are step by step it is actually a very easy install. I did everything by myself other than the part where I had to set the blower on top of the car. For that I called my wife out into the garage. I thought it was a very enjoyable experience. Plus if something ever goes wrong I know how to take it back apart. Actually one other thing I did get help on is when I had to pin crank. Its not that hard of a job to do, but if you don't really understand what the instructions are asking for it seems pretty complicated.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:26 PM   #16
Iam Broke
PHAT B33

Drives: 2012 TF3 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
SLP direct drive style, prob 12 hrs total 2-3hrs at a time last winter.. Mounting the IC pump was the hardest part. Instructions are good. Self tuned on E85 with many other supporting mods. Pulley'd down to 10 psi now. Mods in my garage.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:57 PM   #17
tbss1
More then meets the eye!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 426 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
Here is my whipple install on my convertible from JRE.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...11+convertible
You made my mind up! The polished whipple is the one for me!
2010 2SS/RS, M6, OBX 7/8" l/t headers, with high flow cats, MBRP full 3" exhaust, Whipple supercharger, 3.875 pulley, ID-1050X 1260CC injectors, JRE rough idle street blower cam kit, ZL1 fp, ZL1 fpcm, ZR1 3 bar map sensor, cold air intake, Richman 4.10 gears, BMR toe rods, trailing arms, f/r sway bars, f/r sway bar end links, BMR end link brackets, full BMR poly bushing including solid rear cradle bushings, BMR frame connectors and tunnel brace, f/r Hurst swaybar bushing brackets, Fluidamper, MGR shifter, and tune by Jannetty Racing.
tbss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:26 PM   #18
ToddB

Drives: 2011 2SS Convertible Supercharged
Quote:
You made my mind up! The polished whipple is the one for me!
yes it sure is Purdy.
ToddB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:59 AM   #19
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
In 2010 a buddy and I installed my E-Force S/C in about 12 hours, we weren't in a rush. I was 76 years old then, so a caveman with tools could do it.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.

Last edited by sscamaro; 02-03-2014 at 10:30 AM.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:12 AM   #20
SSawdusty
Crewel Jewel

Drives: RJT-2SS-RS-6M
Here's an install thread I did on mine.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211238

SSawdusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:39 AM   #21
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I installed my Whipple by myself as well as the cam, headers and every other mod. Now that I am a little older it just takes me longer but it gets done.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 03:23 PM   #22
tbss1
More then meets the eye!

seems like a pretty strait forward install. besides following the instructions, is there any tip you guys can share to make the install go smoothly? Also who would you guys recommend buying a whipple supercharger from? Is it also necessary to change the fuel pump? Does any of the kits come with a fuel pump? sorry for all the questions, just trying to get all I need for a one time complete install.
2010 2SS/RS, M6, OBX 7/8" l/t headers, with high flow cats, MBRP full 3" exhaust, Whipple supercharger, 3.875 pulley, ID-1050X 1260CC injectors, JRE rough idle street blower cam kit, ZL1 fp, ZL1 fpcm, ZR1 3 bar map sensor, cold air intake, Richman 4.10 gears, BMR toe rods, trailing arms, f/r sway bars, f/r sway bar end links, BMR end link brackets, full BMR poly bushing including solid rear cradle bushings, BMR frame connectors and tunnel brace, f/r Hurst swaybar bushing brackets, Fluidamper, MGR shifter, and tune by Jannetty Racing.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:38 PM   #23
ToddB

Drives: 2011 2SS Convertible Supercharged
Quote:
seems like a pretty strait forward install. besides following the instructions, is there any tip you guys can share to make the install go smoothly? Also who would you guys recommend buying a whipple supercharger from? Is it also necessary to change the fuel pump? Does any of the kits come with a fuel pump? sorry for all the questions, just trying to get all I need for a one time complete install.
I got my complete setup from JRE but any of the shop owners on here can help you out. Just tell them your goals. I would go with a ZL1 pump and ADM fuel pump control module. if you stay under 550 HP you may get buy with the stock pump and fuel pump voltage booster. The shop you choose can put the whole kit together for you.
ToddB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:44 PM   #24
Kelly@PCMofNC

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
As long as you are mechanically inclined (judging by what you've installed you should be) you won't have any problems with an SC kit.
Kelly@PCMofNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:47 AM   #25
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
JRE of Coarse

1 Stop, Complete Plug and Play Power Solutions from JRE.

I will set you up with all the right parts and the FREE custom tuning to support your goals.

I look forward to working with you.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:31 PM   #26
tbss1
More then meets the eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
JRE of Coarse

1 Stop, Complete Plug and Play Power Solutions from JRE.

I will set you up with all the right parts and the FREE custom tuning to support your goals.

I look forward to working with you.

Ted.
Thanks. I will be going with you, for my supercharger.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:49 PM   #27
kissmyss03

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 2SS/RS
i did mine over a weeks time. little at a time. good winter project when you have nothing really else to do. just cranked the heat in the garage and worked on the car.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:55 PM   #28
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Thanks. I will be going with you, for my supercharger.
Thank you Sir, I look forward to working with you.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote