Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-20-2019, 08:27 PM   #1
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Laps for Charity Las Vegas NASCAR Speedway

Anyone here coming to Vegas in January to do this? Looks like it could be a real blast and the price is right. If you sign up through/with a Camaro club it's only $75 for 6 laps on the track. I signed up with the Utah club as my local club isn't having an organized participation this year. I've driven an Indy car on this track and it is a fun one.

https://www.speedwaycharities.org/ev...M3YIZaR2_jcHRQ
Danial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 08:58 PM   #2
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
I'm planning on being there with my granddaughter; going to do the VIP package, just don't know if I'll be bringing/driving my Camaro or my Corvette yet.
Old 11-20-2019, 09:10 PM   #3
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
I’ve been thinking about going.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:46 PM   #4
Danial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welker2 View Post
I'm planning on being there with my granddaughter; going to do the VIP package, just don't know if I'll be bringing/driving my Camaro or my Corvette yet.
Right on - I'm going with my 13 year old granddaughter. Very cool.
Old 11-20-2019, 09:48 PM   #5
Danial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
I’ve been thinking about going.
Cool. This will be a first time outing for me. Doing the VIP package as well.
Old 11-20-2019, 10:57 PM   #6
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
What's the speed limit?
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 11:17 PM   #7
Danial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Bound View Post
What's the speed limit?
Being an organized event for charity, they keep it to a pace car limit. Between 90-115 MPH seems to be the norm. But banking on that high curve is something else. I've done it at 140 in an Indy car and I'm betting that at 115 in a Camaro is going to be pretty cool.

You can find a few cool vids on You Tube from charity runs in the past.

All in all, this is just a good time to meet car people, see some cool cars and drive on a real NASCAR (and one-time Indy) track and get some brag rights.
Old 11-20-2019, 11:54 PM   #8
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danial View Post
Right on - I'm going with my 13 year old granddaughter. Very cool.
I'll look for you there. My granddaughter is 15 and a true car enthusiast, she's really looking forward to it.
Old 11-21-2019, 08:23 AM   #9
Danial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welker2 View Post
I'll look for you there. My granddaughter is 15 and a true car enthusiast, she's really looking forward to it.
You bet! Likewise. Her and I go driving pretty regularly.
Attached Images

Old 11-22-2019, 09:34 AM   #10
Aqua Blue RS/SS

I got my time off of work approved so I will be there. Is it better to get in with a club? I’m not a member of any. I’m a life long NASCAR fan, been to too many races to count. I’ve been on the track And on pit road a few times but never in a car, this is all new to me.
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
Old 11-22-2019, 10:05 AM   #11
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Quote:
I got my time off of work approved so I will be there. Is it better to get in with a club? I’m not a member of any. I’m a life long NASCAR fan, been to too many races to count. I’ve been on the track And on pit road a few times but never in a car, this is all new to me.
Great, we'll see you there. As far going as a member of a club goes, the only advantage I really see is you save $20 on the entry fee.
Old 11-23-2019, 02:01 AM   #12
Danial

Quote:
The normal price is $100 but if you join up as coming with a club, the price drops to $75. (Includes 6 laps instead of 3.) Also, you get to drive with the club, ie with other Camaros. If you just "come as you are" so to speak, then you will go out in a pack of ten other cars of mixed heritage. You could end up driving with military vehicles, Hondas and Mini-Coopers, etc. No joke.

The Southern Utah All Gens Camaro Club seems happy to let folks sign up under their moniker which is right neighborly of them. That's what I did.
Old 11-23-2019, 02:05 AM   #13
Danial

Quote:
Oh and I have to mention, you can drive a NASCAR car on this track for a price. I drove an Indy car last year which was a real kick in the ass. Loved it. Did 8 laps and it blew me away. I've driven on just a few tracks but this one is my favorite. I love those steep banks.
Old 11-23-2019, 04:09 PM   #14
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danial View Post
The normal price is $100 but if you join up as coming with a club, the price drops to $75. (Includes 6 laps instead of 3.) Also, you get to drive with the club, ie with other Camaros. If you just "come as you are" so to speak, then you will go out in a pack of ten other cars of mixed heritage. You could end up driving with military vehicles, Hondas and Mini-Coopers, etc. No joke.

The Southern Utah All Gens Camaro Club seems happy to let folks sign up under their moniker which is right neighborly of them. That's what I did.
That’s kinda what I was thinking, all Camaros on the track at one time which is cool with me. I haven’t signed up yet. How did you go about signing up with them? I realize you just put the club in at the time of registration but I guess what I’m saying is did you just contact the Southern Utah club and ask if you could sign up or?? I would like to sign up with a Camaro group purely for the above reason. I don’t really care much about the $25 that’s just an added bonus.

I’ve actually been close to doing the Richard Petty experience a couple time but it never seems to work out for one reason or another. Ive the chance at Charlotte, Dover, and the old Disney world speedway. One of these days for sure.