Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > V6 - Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons, Tuning Equipment

Old 12-30-2014, 04:04 PM   #1
Soybeanrice

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
JacFab Extendolator For Sale

Never used as I upgraded to a v8. This is for the LFX

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307431 <--- Here you can find out all the information and research done by Jason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
If you're still in the crowd shooting for the highest hp number, this is not for you... But mod for mod, it looks like a car with a spacer will still beat you in a race.

This is the best way I can think to explain it to people still hung up on peak numbers. The following dyno graphs are SPEED (MPH) vs TIME (seconds), showing the best two, and worst two spacer runs, and the BEST two stock runs (worst two runs were omitted because they sucked so bad). All of the runs were started at between 34 and 35mph, most within tenths of each other.

First run to 100mph was with a spacer. BOTH of the best stock runs are still slower than even the worst spacer runs! 7.5 seconds from 34-35 to 100mph

First (and BEST) stock run to 100mph @ 7.7 seconds, with the 2nd best still trailing while all of the spacer runs pull ahead by a minimum of .5 mph up to 2.11mph faster than the poor sap without a spacer.

The spacer makes torque, which is what moves the car! Power is derived from torque.

0-120 MPH, given the same mods, the car with the spacer WILL beat you, regardless of having 3-5 HP less than you.

Before anyone says "So if I put a spacer on, will I gain .2 on my 1/4 miles times?"... NO! There are far too many factors that are to be considered at the track vs on a dyno which is CORRECTED for OPTIMAL conditions via STD, or SAE correction. The load on the drivetrain is completely different, then you figure real life weather, track prep, track temp, tires/traction, driver abilities, engine temps, 60ft times, etc etc etc... In a PERFECT world sure you might gain .2, but the sad truth is that this world isn't as "perfect" as corrected dyno numbers.

That said, in my personal opinion, the ONLY think you are loosing at the top end HP is simply a small amount of a number that means absolutely NOTHING as I've just shown.

Here's one more for the road...

I've added the WORST 2 runs after I've added the ported intake. Both of them started off as the slowest speed at the start of the run, one by a full mph... They both overcame the best of the best to finish first with the spacer installed. Note that the best spacer run (purple) and the best stock run (blue) started at nearly identical MPH at the beginning of the run.

I'm not trying to convince you, or anything. Just hoping to educate some people that peak HP isn't all it's cracked up to be. In THIS PARTICULAR case, it sure looks like a BIG GAIN from 0-5000, out weighs a SMALL LOSS from 5000-7000. By the time the competition catches up with that loss, you've already won.

This intake manifold spacer comes included with the G8 oil cap extension so you can keep your engine cover on!

Selling for 125, shipping included. The original price was 200 not including the 9 dollar oil cap extension.
Attached Images

Last edited by Soybeanrice; 12-30-2014 at 07:02 PM.
Soybeanrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 08:50 PM   #2
ggrove33

Drives: 2012 V-6 Camaro LLT
I will take it
ggrove33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 05:44 PM   #3
Soybeanrice

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Sold
Soybeanrice is offline   Reply With Quote