Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 01-16-2016, 08:34 PM   #1
GhostOutlaw

Drives: Black 2011 2LT/RS
Finally pulled the trigger!

I am finally joining the mod club guys! Just placed 2 orders for my first official mods on my 2011 (just a bit late, right?)

Doing front and rear brakes, opted to go with:

R1 Concepts Premier Series Cross Drilled and slotted Rotors
Hawk HPS Street Pads
Good Ridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines

To go with those I picked up some caliper paint which I'll do and I also opted for the stop tech performance brake fluid.

Bought almost all of it straight from R1 and got 15% off there.

Got the brake lines from tirerack.

I'll snap some pictures when these go in in the next few weeks.
GhostOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 09:19 PM   #2
Nighthawk89

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Ss M6
Congrats on the mods brotha. Enjoy!
Nighthawk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 09:21 PM   #3
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Your wallet will never be the same. Lol
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 09:40 PM   #4
GhostOutlaw

Heh, It's just a V6 so I'm not going to go crazy. Maybe just a CAI more.

The only other thing I want to do is fix all the paint chips (got my dr. colorchip) and then clean up the whole paint job this spring.
Old 01-21-2016, 06:28 AM   #5
MediumLabowski

Drives: '16 FiST
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOutlaw View Post
Heh, It's just a V6 so I'm not going to go crazy. Maybe just a CAI more.
Ive been thinking about posting on this thread for a couple of days... Theres nothing wrong with a V6. When I look at one I just think "brakes". If you tighten up the suspension and add some good tires, theres not much more a V8 can do that you cant (except drag race). What part of Jeresy Ghost?

Last edited by MediumLabowski; 01-21-2016 at 06:37 PM. Reason: grammar
MediumLabowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 02:27 PM   #6
FrostySS

Drives: 2018 Redline Edition 2SS
I had their rotors on my G8 GT, they performed well.
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

2010 Infiniti G37x Sedan for the DD.
FrostySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 01:54 AM   #7
GhostOutlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediumLabowski View Post
Ive been thinking about posting on this thread for a couple of days... Theres nothing wrong with a V6. When I look at one I just think "brakes". If you tighten up the suspension and add some good tires, theres not much more a V8 can do that you cant (except drag race). What part of Jeresy Ghost?
Bergen County.

And yea, as far as what can and can't a V6 do? It's really more of a balancing act between "improving the car" and "wasting money, shoulda just bought the V8, now you look like a tool."

LOL
Old 01-30-2016, 07:50 AM   #8
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
The 1LE suspension kit and strut tower brace do wonders for the V6 cars.....
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 08:49 AM   #9
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Quote:
Bergen County.

And yea, as far as what can and can't a V6 do? It's really more of a balancing act between "improving the car" and "wasting money, shoulda just bought the V8, now you look like a tool."

LOL
I must be a huge tool lol. But I agree with KaBoom that the 1LE suspension on a V6 makes for a pretty awesome all around car.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 10:00 AM   #10
TECHTURTLE

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
I am finally joining the mod club guys! Just placed 2 orders for my first official mods on my 2011 (just a bit late, right?)

Doing front and rear brakes, opted to go with:

R1 Concepts Premier Series Cross Drilled and slotted Rotors
Hawk HPS Street Pads
Good Ridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines

To go with those I picked up some caliper paint which I'll do and I also opted for the stop tech performance brake fluid.

Bought almost all of it straight from R1 and got 15% off there.

Got the brake lines from tirerack.

I'll snap some pictures when these go in in the next few weeks.
Once you start the mod train, it just keeps rolling. I can't tell you how many times I told my wife that I was done. I thought I was done when I added my supercharger last week... And now I'm replacing freakin' door handles.

BTW, you can pick up the Brembo/Chevrolet stickers on Ebay. Apply them just before you put your clear coat on.

Added
Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GM 1LE Sway Bars, BMR Upper/Lower Trailing Arms, BMR Upper Control Arms. BMR Front/Rear Chassis Braces, BMR Tunnel Brace. GM Red knee Pads, GM Black Front Splitter, GM SEMA Concept Grille, GM Dark Taillights, GM Ground Effects package... Savini Di Forza BM-14 Gloss Black Wheels 9's front, 10's rear.
TECHTURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 10:04 AM   #11
TECHTURTLE

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Oops.. Just noticed you weren't doing the SS calipers, disregard the stickers.

Added
Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GM 1LE Sway Bars, BMR Upper/Lower Trailing Arms, BMR Upper Control Arms. BMR Front/Rear Chassis Braces, BMR Tunnel Brace. GM Red knee Pads, GM Black Front Splitter, GM SEMA Concept Grille, GM Dark Taillights, GM Ground Effects package... Savini Di Forza BM-14 Gloss Black Wheels 9's front, 10's rear.
TECHTURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote