Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 07-11-2011, 02:27 PM   #15
Flying24

Drives: Orange Crush 2021 ZL1 1LE
Well I have an update,of course I had to make a appointment. It's been two weeks since they have looked at it. They agree that it's very abnormal wear on the tires. But, there was NO issues with the suspension or alignment. They called GM tech support to see if this had been reported before, which it had not. So I ask are they going to replace the tires, I got a long face from them. I told him something had of caused this with only 1500 miles. So they are calling Pirelli tire co. to see what they say, it been two weeks. They left them a message regarding this with no answer back after two weeks. Monkey in the middle, it's a set of rear tire. If I was GM that stretching it, I would put a new set on to see if would do it again to make sure the vehicle isn't the cause if. I'm going back to get a copy of the alignment sheet any one know what the spec. are for a 2011 2SS?
This is a link to my forum album
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album.php?u=40660
Flying24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:47 PM   #16
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying24 View Post
Well I have an update,of course I had to make a appointment. It's been two weeks since they have looked at it. They agree that it's very abnormal wear on the tires. But, there was NO issues with the suspension or alignment. They called GM tech support to see if this had been reported before, which it had not. So I ask are they going to replace the tires, I got a long face from them. I told him something had of caused this with only 1500 miles. So they are calling Pirelli tire co. to see what they say, it been two weeks. They left them a message regarding this with no answer back after two weeks. Monkey in the middle, it's a set of rear tire. If I was GM that stretching it, I would put a new set on to see if would do it again to make sure the vehicle isn't the cause if. I'm going back to get a copy of the alignment sheet any one know what the spec. are for a 2011 2SS?
This is a link to my forum album

I can't see this as a Pirelli tire issue but who knows.

Are you sure your not hauling axx around a turn on your way home everday?
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:56 PM   #17
Flying24

I wish I could say yes but it's my wife's car, she does has a heavy foot but not like that
Old 07-13-2011, 12:51 PM   #18
My 5th

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black on Black
There is a screw that protrudes downward at the top of the rear wheel well liner that could possibly hit the tire if you had the rearend loaded down with about 800-900 lbs of extra weight. It looks like the wear is continuous, and not intermittent if your car was just bottoming out on a pothole. Don't know how you would access the other end of that screw to shorten it, but maybe you got an extra long screw in there. If it's too long maybe you could cut it off from the wheel well side so it was flush with the liner.

Just a possibility.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:13 PM   #19
Flying24

I think I can rule that out, I haven't put any thing in the trunk yet, and no one has sat it the back.
Thanks for your input, I'm going to dealership tomorrow to see if they have an answer yet from Pirelli tires
Old 07-13-2011, 02:52 PM   #20
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
went thru something similar, but camber was to negative...i am dropped , but scheck camber...also is it 1 tire or both rear/
Old 07-13-2011, 03:11 PM   #21
Flying24

If you click on link below it will show you that both tires are showing the same abnormal marks. They are like that the entire circumference of the tire.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:24 PM   #22
Rudy@Tirerack

Drives: 1-800-428-8355 X4664
Looks like you may be overheating the inside shoulder of the tire causing them to chunk slightly. I would recommend having your alignment checked. I would bet camber is in the negative out of spec.
Rudy@Tirerack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:02 PM   #23
Flying24

The GM dealership told me that there was no problem with any suspension components and alignment was within all specs. Also I was running the correct tire pressure. So they think it's a tire problem, GM techs found no reported problems with this tire and vehicle. So I took it to a Mr. Tire and showed it to someone who has work in tire business over thirty years and he thinks it's the car. So I'm in a holding pattern waiting for Pirelli tires co to call Gm back. I'm thinking to myself this will not get resolved any time soon
Old 07-13-2011, 04:19 PM   #24
mikepage0007

best bet, is get a print out of the alibnment page..should look very close to this with even more positive camber..sinece its both sides , leans me to believe it is camber or toe...toe can also wear inside bad...
Attached Images

Old 07-14-2011, 02:25 PM   #25
Flying24

Well, not the way I wanted it to go, They had no printout or record of my alignment. Shop manager looked had it and said it good, so if it's good we don't print or keep record doesn't sound right with today computer systems. As well as the tire company hadn't call back either. So I asked do you have any pictures answered no, then I stated to him The tire company is going to go by your word, no alignment history or picture hey just change the tire we got it. Then the service manager said he could get me an appointment with the regional GM rep next week. Well that was faster then the appointment to get me in the begin. So I sent an E-mail to the Dealership where I bought it, which is 30 plus miles away. Currently the one I'm dealing with is 2 miles. So much for conveniences, well not two minutes later my E-mail was answered with a phone call from that dealership That was quick. E-mail was as follows
Don,
Click on link below to see the wear marks in my 2011 Camaro SS which my wife and I purchased from you in late march. I only discovered it when removing the tires with only 1500 miles on the car. My local dealership Ken Dixon which has looked at the vehicle says that the suspension and alignment are fine. And feels that perhaps it's the tires. They have called the tire company receiving no response now for two weeks. I have post these pictures on line over four weeks ago receiving comments that it's the alignment, from another GM dealer reps, Tire rack rep as well going to talk to a Mr Tire manager with thirty year experience. I went to the dealership today to see what progress has been made, which is zero. I asked for a print out of the current alignment on the vehicle, they told me they don't have one. Even spoke to the shop manager who say if it's not out of alignment they don't print them out. Then I ask how are you going to prove your case to the tire company with alignment spec sheet, then I said you must have taken pictures. He answered no, so they are going to take your word on it. Now he wants to schedule an appointment with the GM rep then travels from dealership to dealership.
Can you help me, because in the first visit, they suggested I take it where I bought it. Because they don't know if it may have been like this when I purchased it. Which I can do
Looking for Answers

And in the phone conversation, I'll be dropping the car off for overnight so they will be doing a through suspension and alignment check, and yes changing the tires. I had sent pictures, no questions of if I abused them or such. So I drop it off Monday pickup Tuesday and the GM regional rep back at the other dealership Friday, I'm wondering if I should keep that appointment to show my new tires. What do you think, I can see the long faces on those dealership employes now
Old 07-14-2011, 06:02 PM   #26
mikepage0007

i would be there in person, takes 5 miutes to put on rack and put sensors on wheels ..and 1 minute to print out sheet...,never heard of not giving customer a printout of alignment...when you finally get sheet, you may want to head to suspension forum and look for justice pete{ pedders} or others...they are really helpful ...
Old 07-18-2011, 09:42 AM   #27
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Flying24, have there been any new developments for you yet? Has Pirelli gotten back in touch with your dealer at all? Thanks for keeping us all updated.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:20 PM   #28
Flying24

Today, I will dropping off my vehicle at the dealership in which I originally purchased it. Which the first dealership made a comment, I should take it back there. When they couldn't find anything wrong except for the fact my tires were showing some unusually tire wear. I'm still can't put my head around it as well as the dealership that I'm going to repair the problem that no alignment history or print out available from my dealership. I'll make sure to get one when I pick up the car tomorrow. Also they haven't followed up with any communication regarding contacting the tire company. To include an appointment to have with the GM district rep this week. They have my number and only called me once to tell me my vehicle is ready for pickup. I was wondering why I didn't buy my car from there now. Will post results Thanks