Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-21-2021, 07:45 PM   #1
Teeth

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Coolant leak

Running into weird issue, my radiator needs a top-off every other few days for some unknown reason.

No leak in engine, none in radiator, none anywhere I can see except where it might be shooting out of the res tank?

I installed a Mishi rad, meaning more coolant overall, would that mean I need a larger tank too? Loss of pressure in lines after a while too, but that's probably just because there is a coolant leak anyways.

Took it to a shop, they had no idea what was going on. Even watched them do all the diags on the car to see what they thought might have happened, they're puzzled too lol.
L99 to LS3 conversion, Vararam ram air intake, BTR Nightfury cam, Johnson lifters, LS7 injectors, Circle D 3200 stall converter, Kooks LT headers, Custom X-pipe
Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 08:08 PM   #2
Rmkuper

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Did you check the coolant crossover? A leak can be hard to detect from there and it's often overlooked. Make sure its torqued to 106 in lbs.*ITC makes a replacement that is a better design. There might be gaskets out there for them also I do t recall...

Sent from my SM-F916U using Tapatalk
Rmkuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 02:59 AM   #3
wasthatacop?

Drives: 2010 2SS
Sounds like you have a small and tiny leak somewhere. I changed the water pump and radiator on my L99 last week. Radiator had a tiny crack and I couldn't figure out for the longest time where the coolant was leaking from.
Maybe a pinhole in a hose, it you reservoir is cracked. Also make sure the small 3/8" hose from radiator cap area is inserted into the reservoir neck.
ZL1 factory rims
misc: drilled and slotted rotors, fresh air brake cooling system, new speakers, installed reverse camera, muffler delete
wasthatacop? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 12:49 PM   #4
Teeth

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Thanks guys, I'll check around for whatever I can again
L99 to LS3 conversion, Vararam ram air intake, BTR Nightfury cam, Johnson lifters, LS7 injectors, Circle D 3200 stall converter, Kooks LT headers, Custom X-pipe
Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 11:03 PM   #5
Rmkuper

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
If all else fails I think k you can get some uv dye at autozone for around 10 bucks.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Tapatalk
Rmkuper is offline   Reply With Quote