Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-17-2009, 02:20 AM   #43
qbert48

Drives: 2SS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIweldace View Post
yes i was kiddin

welcome home
1100 4-27-09
6000 6-27-09

yes i got to the dance late don't hate me
qbert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 07:41 AM   #44
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
So that means you fix 4 car a day and bay 10 how do you fix this.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:03 AM   #45
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
Sounds like we have to just wait...no one knows for sure what the process will be. :(
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:07 AM   #46
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
...and for the record? Holding these cars is costing us a stupid amount of money -- but again, we're doing it for the benefit of our customers -- and our reputation.........)
Thanks Fbod. This is the part that most are missing or unwilling to accept - There is an obscene amount of money (and opportunity cost) being spent holding and updating these cars to ensure quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
So that means you fix 4 car a day and bay 10 how do you fix this.
Highly doubtful that is the ratio this time. It is a new production run on a brand new car, but they learn more every day so the ratio should be coming down.

All of us in Area 51 feel your pain (I am VIN 1597), but at this stage we have to wait if we want "our" unique Camaro. It has been stated multiple times that they anticipate having the bayed cars completed by the end of this month. That's only 2 weeks away.

Hey, in the meantime, hop on one of your Harley's or take a terror ride on your Eliminator... fun toys.

Hang tough [/QUOTE]
Old 05-17-2009, 08:34 AM   #47
ItIsWhatItIs

Drives: #5 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
fbodfather,
You crossed this country many times asking enthusiasts to keep the faith and we did. I sincerely believe this car would never have been built without you and the community you have woven around it and, I thank you for that. It's just a matter of frustration. I ordered my Camaro on Oct. 13th (Day 1 for pre-orders) and as of now it still has not been built. I was planning on going to the GM Nationals (Camaros @Carlisle) but that is out the door. Hope I have it for the f-body gathering @ Summit Racing in September. After that I would just have to store it for the winter. Now that I've vented I feel better and will continue to keep the faith...will never go to the dark side. The Fbodfather has always given us the info that he could and has never steered us wrong.
ItIsWhatItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:43 PM   #48
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Thanks Fbod. This is the part that most are missing or unwilling to accept - There is an obscene amount of money (and opportunity cost) being spent holding and updating these cars to ensure quality.

Highly doubtful that is the ratio this time. It is a new production run on a brand new car, but they learn more every day so the ratio should be coming down.

All of us in Area 51 feel your pain (I am VIN 1597), but at this stage we have to wait if we want "our" unique Camaro. It has been stated multiple times that they anticipate having the bayed cars completed by the end of this month. That's only 2 weeks away.

Hey, in the meantime, hop on one of your Harley's or take a terror ride on your Eliminator... fun toys.

Hang tough
[/QUOTE]

You need to read his reply "That's only 2 weeks away" is that for cars in Pontiac,
My car is in Canada over 3 week ago DBC told me that the car was living on the 4-24-09, So all he did is tall you don't ask and i wont tell.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 01:07 PM   #49
wirebender

Drives: 2017 ZL1, A10, White, sunroof, nav
Re: Fbodfathers statement;
What IS true:

over 15,000 sold orders -- we simply cannot build all of them at once.

some customers have ordered multiple units -- that's putting some behind.

some dealers took more orders than allocation - that's a problem.....

we said that if you pre-ordered from a dealer (with allocation) we'd build by the third quarter -- we're ahead of schedule.......

IMO these self centerd ones that are placing more than one order and dealers ordering over allocations are problems that need to be taken care of immediatetly by the "offenders" to at least help reduce problems.
I've read several posts on here by those that have placed orders at more than one dealer and IMHO that is selfish and totally reprehensible, and that allows dealers to eventually have a car to sell to an individual that didn't have to wait at all..

Last edited by wirebender; 05-17-2009 at 01:08 PM. Reason: add
wirebender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 01:14 PM   #50
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I wouldn't turn around to look at the naked babe. I'm married.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:11 PM   #51
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirebender View Post
Re: Fbodfathers statement;
What IS true:

over 15,000 sold orders -- we simply cannot build all of them at once.

some customers have ordered multiple units -- that's putting some behind.

some dealers took more orders than allocation - that's a problem.....

we said that if you pre-ordered from a dealer (with allocation) we'd build by the third quarter -- we're ahead of schedule.......

IMO these self centerd ones that are placing more than one order and dealers ordering over allocations are problems that need to be taken care of immediatetly by the "offenders" to at least help reduce problems.
I've read several posts on here by those that have placed orders at more than one dealer and IMHO that is selfish and totally reprehensible, and that allows dealers to eventually have a car to sell to an individual that didn't have to wait at all..

"The future is in the windshield, not the rear-view mirror!"

"If you haven't gone a 175 mph on land, you haven't lived! That's just a fact!" - Ricky Bobby
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:17 PM   #52
Sinergy

Drives: em crazy.
Quote:
Truer words have yet to be spoken.
Sinergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 03:27 PM   #53
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
You need to read his reply "That's only 2 weeks away" is that for cars in Pontiac,
My car is in Canada over 3 week ago DBC told me that the car was living on the 4-24-09, So all he did is tall you don't ask and i wont tell.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha. Well, hopefully the CAN cars get out just as fast...
Old 05-17-2009, 05:03 PM   #54
2010SSRS

Drives: 2000 Silverado
thank you sFbodfather........................your time is appreciated!

VR 2SSRS LS3 - Borla, SLP CAI
2010SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:09 AM   #55
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
GM would not be adding Saturdays and a second shift if it mattered. I already asked this question. There is a one week shut down, that's all - the cars will keep coming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRS View Post
ya know, i searched thru this thread and only found a few posts about it. some say yes and some say no. and naturally, everyone has an "inside source" that's in he know!

i just thought it would be nice to end the speculation, and i for one would want to hear it from someone i absolutely trust is in the know.............

not saying ur not Scotty! but ur the 2nd dealer that said no, while i've heard 4 say yes...........
There is no 2nd shift planned at this time. Yes the line will be working on Saturdays and yes, there is a 2nd shift working on the QC cars but as for the line, it's still 350 cars a day. Okay - who wants to challenge my information?
Old 05-18-2009, 09:19 AM   #56
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRS View Post
thank you sFbodfather........................your time is appreciated!
You can say this again!! I always feels a sense of calm after reading one of Fbod's post. Does that make me a Kool-Aid drinker? Make mine cherry please!
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote