Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 05-28-2009, 02:22 PM   #267
qbert48

Drives: 2SS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
correct . .I believe in QC .. Just hate that my vin is before this one and is lost in space somewhere ... that GT500 in OK I've been looking at is looking better and better ...

Crowley
hang in there it will be here soon

welcome home
1100 4-27-09
6000 6-27-09

yes i got to the dance late don't hate me
qbert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:53 PM   #268
Number_9

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
correct . .I believe in QC .. Just hate that my vin is before this one and is lost in space somewhere ... that GT500 in OK I've been looking at is looking better and better ...

Crowley
I am right there with you... I saw that IBM blue and thought my Baby was home. When I saw the vin, that's about twice as high as mine, I had that momentary thought of "argh... no, no, no!!" - but it passed fairly quickly.

Number_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:59 PM   #269
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt'sSS View Post
Ya, that sucks :(

The only GT500 I'd consider would be a 2010. If you actually read up on the 2009 and older ones, they don't get as good of mileage as the 2010, and for a 500 hp car they're hardly faster than the Camaro.

I briefly entertained the idea because they weigh less, and coming from a 3190 lb Corvette, that's important to me. However, the 2009 is not worth the $12k + price over the Camaro (I wouldn't pay any more for it since they frequently don't post much better numbers), and the 2010 is not worth $16k + for 300 less lbs and 74 hp.

I know it's hard to be patient, but it's for the best when you know what you're getting cant be beat for the money. It's well worth the wait.

I just don't know ... one thing I see is (coming from an 03/04 cobra) I know how easy it is to make some big HP in those cars ... Since I don't have my 135i anymore, the wait is killing me.. I am going to have to get in something soon and I can get a fairly good deal on a pretty loaded 09 GT500 right now ..

Crowley
Old 05-28-2009, 05:26 PM   #270
Eighty-Six Z
2G1FK1EJ0A9109635

Drives: '10 CGM Camaro SS/RS
false alarm on mine. Turns out that one was headed to Mass. Mine is still in transit. :( Looks like I will not get it before I go out of town on buisness, which means the earliest I can pick it up would be June 8th.

Crowley - Come on man!! You gotta hang in there. You can't go this long and not see this thing out. You can do it!!!!!
4/28 -3300
5/11 - 3400
5/13 - 3800 VIN #9635
6/16- Arrived & Delivered!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by etrigan View Post

I don't think I have ever had this much fun in a car...by myself.
Eighty-Six Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:33 PM   #271
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eighty-Six Z View Post
false alarm on mine. Turns out that one was headed to Mass. Mine is still in transit. :( Looks like I will not get it before I go out of town on buisness, which means the earliest I can pick it up would be June 8th.

Crowley - Come on man!! You gotta hang in there. You can't go this long and not see this thing out. You can do it!!!!!
If they would just give me a real ETA, I may be happy .. they can't even give that. They have to know what is wrong with the car and how long for parts etc .. I can't believe they can't get that info to me. That being said, maybe it is something major and I wouldn't want the car if I knew what they had to fix .. who knows because they aren't talking .. lol

I'm just waiting to see what the GT500 guy has to say and I could be driving that by next week ..

Crowley
Old 05-28-2009, 05:46 PM   #272
qbert48

Quote:
If they would just give me a real ETA, I may be happy .. they can't even give that. They have to know what is wrong with the car and how long for parts etc .. I can't believe they can't get that info to me. That being said, maybe it is something major and I wouldn't want the car if I knew what they had to fix .. who knows because they aren't talking .. lol

I'm just waiting to see what the GT500 guy has to say and I could be driving that by next week ..

Crowley
fbodthefather wouldn't let us down your car will be there, and it will be the car you ordered hang in there you must resist the dark side luke. we need a dancing Crowley icon ASAP

welcome home
1100 4-27-09
6000 6-27-09

Old 05-28-2009, 06:08 PM   #273
babyjulie83
driving! Thanks GM !!!

Drives: 2SS Camaro in ABM!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbert48 View Post
fbodthefather wouldn't let us down your car will be there, and it will be the car you ordered hang in there you must resist the dark side luke. we need a dancing Crowley icon ASAP
if I knew how to make a 'dancing crowley' icon I sure would.......

does this help?..... :tweetz:

Everything is better in a Camaro.......puts a smile on my face everyday.....
babyjulie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:09 PM   #274
Number_9

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
I swung by the lot on the way home today... car is still there and locked. When i asked if I could look inside they said "sorry, this one is sold". Nice to see they are learning.

Anyway, while shooting the breeze with the sales team, I gathered a couple of good nuggets of information... once our cars arrive via rail to Arlington, the trucking company has three days to get them to the dealership. So, I talked to the trucking company.... it took a little human engineering (they aren't as friendly as the Canadians, eh!) but I learned that they (trucking co.) typically only take a day to get the cars from the rail yard to the dealer.... I also learned they don't have mine there yet... but I am not that concerned. Trucking company confirmed my 5/23 rail ship date and an approximate 7 day transit time from CA to TX. So, at least for me and I have a strong feeling others on this thread too, we're getting close... very, very close!

Number_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:23 PM   #275
qbert48

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyjulie83 View Post
if I knew how to make a 'dancing crowley' icon I sure would.......

does this help?..... :tweetz:

Crowley does this ease the pain anyas close as i can get

hang in there man soon

welcome home
1100 4-27-09
6000 6-27-09

Old 05-28-2009, 08:28 PM   #276
Eighty-Six Z
2G1FK1EJ0A9109635

Drives: '10 CGM Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number_9 View Post
I swung by the lot on the way home today... car is still there and locked. When i asked if I could look inside they said "sorry, this one is sold". Nice to see they are learning.

Anyway, while shooting the breeze with the sales team, I gathered a couple of good nuggets of information... once our cars arrive via rail to Arlington, the trucking company has three days to get them to the dealership. So, I talked to the trucking company.... it took a little human engineering (they aren't as friendly as the Canadians, eh!) but I learned that they (trucking co.) typically only take a day to get the cars from the rail yard to the dealer.... I also learned they don't have mine there yet... but I am not that concerned. Trucking company confirmed my 5/23 rail ship date and an approximate 7 day transit time from CA to TX. So, at least for me and I have a strong feeling others on this thread too, we're getting close... very, very close!
#9 Thanks for info and the work it took to get it. This confirmed what I was tracking from the rail tracking thread. It seems that for whatever reason they do not pull first in, first out from the railyard lot, because there are a few VINS that are higher than mine that have already arrived in the area, and I wasn't pulled for quality hold. Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad or anything. I just find it strange that it happens that way.

Again, thanks for the info. Much appreciated!

And this is for Crowley....

HANG IN THERE MAN!!!!!
4/28 -3300
5/11 - 3400
5/13 - 3800 VIN #9635
6/16- Arrived & Delivered!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by etrigan View Post

I don't think I have ever had this much fun in a car...by myself.
Eighty-Six Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:58 AM   #277
RNK TX SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Don't Jump Crowley!!!!!!!!!!! You will never forgive yourself if you do. I'm in the same waiting pool, along with many, many others. You have a great support team here at Camaro 5. Just hang in there. It can't be that much longer.

1SS Black w/ Cyber Gray Rally Stripes
2G1FS1EW9A9106955

Living in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex? Join the Camaro5 - DFW Group.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=30
RNK TX SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 07:58 AM   #278
marodude

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS RJT
2LT/RS RJT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket31 View Post
Hey everyone, I ordered my camaro from classic in grapevine,tx. black on black 2ss/rs hurst shifter. Just curious as to who ordered from classic,what you got, and when you ordered or what # in line u are. thanks
I ordered my camaro on Oct 14 2008 and was #27. Received it May 27 2009.
We love it! Am glad I ordered it and waited for it. Its freakin awesome!
marodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:35 PM   #279
babyjulie83
driving! Thanks GM !!!

Drives: 2SS Camaro in ABM!!!
announcement

Hi everyone. I just spoke to Eric Hall out at Classic and he wanted me to post the following:

Anyone who ordered from Mike Carnes needs to contact Eric Hall regarding their orders.....Eric says he has the contact info for most but not everyone.

Joseph Calloway of Louisiana he needs your contact info and has been unable to get ahold of you! (I think your car may be nearing delivery).

So my day was going really horrible.....mad at the boyfriend, work sucks more than usual, etc......but then Eric called and said he had the invoice for my car and that it's date to be delivered is Monday!!!! (I'm not going to get my hopes up too much but hey....at least he has the invoice!)

It's amazing how a day can be going so terrible and one simple thing can turn it all around.

UPDATE: car is still in QC....in Canada....with no ETA.....

Everything is better in a Camaro.......puts a smile on my face everyday.....

Last edited by babyjulie83; 05-29-2009 at 02:52 PM. Reason: still in QC...
babyjulie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:48 PM   #280
qbert48

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyjulie83 View Post
Hi everyone. I just spoke to Eric Hall out at Classic and he wanted me to post the following:

Anyone who ordered from Mike Carnes needs to contact Eric Hall regarding their orders.....Eric says he has the contact info for most but not everyone.

Joseph Calloway of Louisiana he needs your contact info and has been unable to get ahold of you! (I think your car may be nearing delivery).

So my day was going really horrible.....mad at the boyfriend, work sucks more than usual, etc......but then Eric called and said he had the invoice for my car and that it's date to be delivered is Monday!!!! (I'm not going to get my hopes up too much but hey....at least he has the invoice!)

It's amazing how a day can be going so terrible and one simple thing can turn it all around.

cool way to turn your day around

welcome home
1100 4-27-09
6000 6-27-09