Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-29-2009, 09:16 PM   #127
Nova65

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Auto IBM Black Int
check out the burnout motortrend does with the v6!
Nova65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:53 PM   #128
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
I got your V6 pride right here

http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...t=VCLP0597.flv
Old 07-01-2009, 12:13 AM   #129
colorado pony

Drives: 1972 nova ss
v6 vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
V8 drivers pride themselves on being the top trim. Because the glory seems to go with that V8, I felt that the V6 guys should have a thread to tell stories and share their V6 pride.

The V6 has always been the base trim of a muscle car. There's an enormous difference between a 4-banger and a V6 that comes at the expense of some extra weight and maybe being beaten by a few turbocharged Cobalts. The V6 gets the design elements of a V8, usually accompanied with the same awe-stricken looks given to drivers of the V8.

Some people have recently pointed out that they feel like rockstars in their Camaros. Most of us have neglected to ask whether they drive manual V8s, the traditional car of choice. Traditions might be on their way out with some regulations that make life hard for high-displacement motors.

For this reason, the V6 has become a refuge for enthusiasts who want real muscular performance without a foreign logo on the hood. It is hard to conceal a bias for the American muscle car when it comes to RWD sport coupes. The truth is that the most exotic Italian sports car with all attached packages have trouble competing with the aura of a late-1960s Chevrolet.

That aura is back. It is not a V8 under the hood that made those classic cars classic. It's the aura. It's those packages that make them unique. It's that historic GM V6 that has always been overlooked.

Overall, I just want you to have fun with those LLT beasts. They're fast and dangerous. Don't let someone with two more cylinders tell you they aren't worth making faster.

ok guys you will throw me off this site... here is my question about v6 cars... i am planning on buy a 2011 vehicle.... right now i have a 06 v6 m5 mustang and i have put a vortech supercharger with a air to water intercooler. i have also add all kind of gt take parts from the aftermarket that where cheap to buy. i now have a 335hp/320 tq monster for less dollars then a gt mustang. and it is a sleeper with no outer give aways ... i was hoping to do the same with 2lt/rs/m6..... i think that dollar for dollars that the v6 vehicles are just a better buy!!!! have u guys seem a market place to buy take off parts????
colorado pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:54 AM   #130
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado pony View Post
ok guys you will throw me off this site... here is my question about v6 cars... i am planning on buy a 2011 vehicle.... right now i have a 06 v6 m5 mustang and i have put a vortech supercharger with a air to water intercooler. i have also add all kind of gt take parts from the aftermarket that where cheap to buy. i now have a 335hp/320 tq monster for less dollars then a gt mustang. and it is a sleeper with no outer give aways ... i was hoping to do the same with 2lt/rs/m6..... i think that dollar for dollars that the v6 vehicles are just a better buy!!!! have u guys seem a market place to buy take off parts????
I wouldn't call it a torque monster but that is a peppy little ride there!

I wouldn't be able to stand the sound of the v6 as a daily, but I think it's cool to add stuff like that to the v6 cars.
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:58 PM   #131
MikesZ
Group Provocateur

Drives: Long Distances
I'm interested to hear more about the handling characteristics and performance of the V-6 powered 5th gen Camaro. I almost wrote the car off completely this weekend because I want a V-6 sport coupe but I've been increasingly concerned about the Camaro's 3800 lb. weight and not crazy about the retro looks. Also I have concerns about the reported wide variations in mileage.

Then I remembered seeing a nice Camaro photo gallery at thecarconnection.com, went back there, scrolled through all the photos to the 2009 car show pics where they had the three special versions...Earnhardt's two-tone SS, a blacked out LT, and a nice RY LT with the GFX, hockey stripes, and wheel package. O.K. so I could dress up my V-6 to something more to my liking just fine.

How are your V-6's holding up? Also, does anyone know if the initial fit problems with the GFX have been fixed?
MikesZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:17 AM   #132
pruettfan

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS / 2011 Z28
The funny thing is the V6 2010 Camaro out performs my former 94 Z28 in every performance area. To me this is a testament to the excellence of this engine / car combo. When I had my 94 it was the bang for buck leader, these days the V6 Camaros take that honor
pruettfan is offline   Reply With Quote